Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They have an internal staff administration problem and will no doubt be open shortly. Nothing whatsoever to do with unfounded comments about food poisoning.

I had dinner last night at The Bite, which is the reincarnated Bite Me! on the same premises near the corner of Third Road and Soi Lengkee. I had one of the two daily specials- escalope of chicken wi

LOL. I was trained by the US Army to inspect mess halls, restaurants, snack bars on military bases for food sanitation. I have 4 years experience conducting monthly inspections. When a restaurants sta

Posted Images

No fishing for compliments just taste it and see for yourselves! 220 baht Thursday special at Bite Me corner of Lengkee and 3rd

Baked Dory Fillet with Fresh Potted Shrimps in a Mandarin and Fennel Cream Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables

post-57906-0-42238200-1455782121_thumb.jpeg

I had the lamb burger special today. It was delicious and well worth the 250 baht.

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

My only criticism would be that the burger could have done with a bit more hummus (Br spelling houmous) and the hummus could have used a touch of lemon to add some acidity.

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

All the components of the burger (meat, bun and vegetables) were high quality and well seasoned to bring out the flavor. The lamb patty was juicy and properly grilled.

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

For dessert, I had the strawberry cheesecake. I enjoyed it a lot, but Americans should be aware that it is European-style cheesecake: lighter, more cake-like and not as sweet as its creamier U.S. cousin. The fresh strawberries and compote really made it special.

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

Untitled-25b.jpg

A glass of latte was the perfect complement to the cheesecake.

Untitled-25a.jpg

My bill was 510 baht in total (lamb burger, 250 baht; SML, 75 baht; strawberry cheesecake, 120 baht; and latte, 65 baht). I ate at Bite Me around 6 p.m. and most of the tables were already taken, so you might want to call ahead to reserve a table to avoid disappointment.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 2

What I also find fascinating about Bite Me Bistro is that I haven't read one single bad review of the place on the Pattaya boards, TripAdvisor or the FB food groups. Even the guys who use UK transport cafes as their benchmark of culinary excellence haven't chimed in with their customary negativity.

Amazing! I've never seen that happen before. No matter how good a restaurant is, you'll usually have someone slamming it on general principle.

Evil

devil.gif

• Upvote 3

What I also find fascinating about Bite Me Bistro is that I haven't read one single bad review of the place on the Pattaya boards, TripAdvisor or the FB food groups. Even the guys who use UK transport cafes as their benchmark of culinary excellence haven't chimed in with their customary negativity.

Amazing! I've never seen that happen before. No matter how good a restaurant is, you'll usually have someone slamming it on general principle.

Evil

devil.gif

We haven't heard from Gabor yet :P

He might surprise you - he liked the ribs at the Sportsman :-D

Posted from my mobile so I blame any spelling errors on that.

He might surprise you - he liked the ribs at the Sportsman :-D

When he had a 300 baht incentive, yes, that's what he said.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I think the incentive was more the debate in the FB group.

But is true the the owner gave him the other enticement also.

The owner of Bite Me seems to do great both with the food and social media so he might not do that - not even for the much coveted "Gabor seal of approval"

The burger looks like a microscopic portion... maybe 1.4 bite...just like the strawberry cake... maybe a dinner for a somalian refugee, but not a meal for a farang...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The burger looks like a microscopic portion... maybe 1.4 bite...just like the strawberry cake... maybe a dinner for a somalian refugee, but not a meal for a farang...

You most really like to stuff yourself.

I've never left there hungry.

Come on Gabor - give it a try.

It really seems to have no bad reviews - you could end up writing the first - or perhaps be a new convert :-)

You most really like to stuff yourself.

I've never left there hungry.

The burger might not be particularly large and probably needs a side of fries to fill out the plate. However, I think the portion sizes at Bite Me are fine, you can enjoy 2-3 courses of good food and will feel full but not overstuffed.

The cordon bleu Gabor posted from Jomtien Plaza wasn't exactly huge was it?

Fact remains that there haven't been any negative reviews by anyone who claims to have actually eaten at Bite Me. I'm not just talking about the Pattaya punter boards, but also TripAdvisor and the various FB food groups, which tend to be bastions for the guys who use transport cafes as their benchmark of culinary excellence and eat mashed potatoes with their fingers. (EP pro-active note of explanation to head off flames: I know there are many knowledgeable posters on the FB food groups, but the palates of some of the noisiest posters are about as discerning as a Komodo dragon's).

It's certainly exceptional for a restaurant like Bite Me to get only positive reviews. As I wrote earlier, I've never seen that happen before, so it wouldn't be wrong to say it is unique. The one obvious conclusion is that everyone who has visited Bit Me has been pleased with their meals, which wouldn't be all that amazing because the food there is very good. That it can dodge the bullet on fake negative reviews is the amazing part.

Regarding portion size at Bite Me: the lamb burger wasn't small; it was as large or larger than most standard hamburgers in Pattaya. What is possibly misleading in the pic is that Bite Me uses big plates, which makes the lamb burger look small if there nothing in the pic to indicate the scale. I'll make sure to include a knife or fork in future pics to give a more accurate impression of portion size.

Also, the Bite Me lamb burger was big enough that it would have been impossible to eat it with your hands unless you were trying to imitate Homer Simpson.

laptray-homer-simpsons-eating-300x243.jpg

In any case, I have hard time identifying with concerns over portion size. I go to a restaurant to enjoy the food, not just to fill my belly. If the main seems to be small and I'm very hungry, I'll order a starter or side dish to go with it. Filling out the meal with dessert is another option.

But if getting as much food as possible for as low a price as possible were the top consideration, I'd choose an "all-you-can-eat" option. The Lek Hotel has a dinner buffet for 250 baht, the same price as the lamb burger special at Bite Me. It's up to you to decide which you'd rather have.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 3

I think the incentive was more the debate in the FB group.

But is true the the owner gave him the other enticement also.

The owner of Bite Me seems to do great both with the food and social media so he might not do that - not even for the much coveted "Gabor seal of approval"

sorry best we can do is 10% discount on main menu dishes for forum members :)
  • Upvote 1

You know very well I paid my own bill and doubled it with my donation for the reason the restaurant owner spent it....

Come on Gabor - give it a try.

It really seems to have no bad reviews - you could end up writing the first - or perhaps be a new convert :-)

One day I will... but too bad location for me...the pork belly offer looks promising... ( the meat I miss on the Pattaya ribs )

The burger might not be particularly large and probably needs a side of fries to fill out the plate. However, I think the portion sizes at Bite Me are fine, you can enjoy 2-3 courses of good food and will feel full but not overstuffed.

The cordon bleu Gabor posted from Jomtien Plaza wasn't exactly huge was it?

See my report about the Pastrami on Rye.... fries included, but not needed...the cole slaw was a better choice... TRUE, I must to admit, this is a lamb burger, not a beef burger... lamb is really expensive in Thailand...

The Cordon Bleu was just enough ... with a Cornetto ice cream I bought in a 7/11 for 25 baht.... Sorry... I simple like the Cornetto Royale... chocolat ice cream with the fruity jelly in the middle...

blackforest.jpg

Regarding portion size at Bite Me: the lamb burger wasn't small; it was as large or larger than most standard hamburgers in Pattaya.

Also, the Bite Me lamb burger was big enough that it would have been impossible to eat it with your hands unless you were trying to imitate Homer Simpson.

attachicon.giflaptray-homer-simpsons-eating-300x243.jpg

In any case, I have hard time identifying with concerns over portion size. I go to a restaurant to enjoy the food, not just to fill my belly. If the main seems to be small and I'm very hungry, I'll order a starter or side dish to go with it. Filling out the meal with dessert is another option.

I have small hands, the size of the thai girls... but I think this burger would fit between my two fingers...

I go to a restaurant to eat, not to mental wank...to fill my belly with quality food.... not with the side garbage...In thailand the desserts are simply crap.... a Cornetto is the best choice... or the best one a Swensen's ice cream cup...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Today's and tomorrow's specials, advance warning for once!

Friday - Four German Sausages with a Potato Salad, Creamed Sauerkraut and Senf Mustard - 195 baht

Saturday Special at the Bistro - Moroccan Lamb Burger with Houmous, Pea Puree and a Yoghurt and Mint Dressed Slaw 250 baht

From next week the burger will be added to the main menu (280 baht)

post-57906-0-21883300-1457082782_thumb.jpeg

post-57906-0-87406300-1457082806_thumb.jpeg

• Upvote 3