Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Good Movies / TV Shows

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HBO announced the Deadwood movie premieres May 31, 2019 !!! https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far  

I had a few days of business in Las Vegas this week.  So we headed out early last Friday, 19 to spend a nice weekend where it is warm (been unseasonably cold here in S Cal the last few months.  Barely

Here's another Thai advert, notice the guy has a bottle of fish sauce next to his rice, one of the simple meals poor people eat.  

Posted Images

Sorry Butch, but on your recommendation I've just struggled through to Ep. 7 and am now giving up. To say I was a bored is putting it mildly, what with the obligatory lesbian relationship, mixed marriages, flickering lights, thunderstorm etc. Not to mention the boring, endless dialogue, initially total confusion of jumps in location and time. To me this is a completely contrived series based on a constant expectation of horrors to come, clever camera work and a dislocated plotline. Pity, I was looking forward to an excellent piece of work, but I'm clearly not bright enough to appreciate the Daliesque. 3/10.

Lol you’re brighter than I am!. To be honest it’s not to everyone’s taste, but I am enjoying the series and it is “popcorn tv” for me. Sorry you don’t like it chap.

I'm writing this before watching the ad' above.......expecting to find something in it that will make me swallow hard or tear-up. For the old lady with Alzheimer's ad' it was the kids all letting go of their parent's hands at 'home time' loyally helping their teacher search.

Before I go watch it....This week I came across Equaliser 2.......That led to Equaliser 1 the following evening.....Both great movies. Revenge always gets me involved.

Also, Netflix drops the 3rd and final season of 'Last Kingdom' this month. I really enjoyed the first two so some binge watching coming up.

Now let's see if the ad' above reaches the parts I keep pretty much hidden under the generally cheerful but crankily stubborn mask I set out with each morning?

Edit: seen this a long time ago....forgotten it, but it was the kid appearing that still got to me.

Thai's are good at this stuff.

Okay......mask back on. ........Now let's see if FOX news have cottoned onto the story of the 30 year old, 'so called child asylum seeker' attending an English school pretending he's 16 .......? That's a fucking cynical and dangerous mask he's been wearing.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

Well during this extended interlude before the next recommendation ............

Here's some funny ads' and the test is can you guess what it is they are advertising ...........?

I got them all wrong.

• Upvote 1

Here's a funny which belongs in another thread, but none of the mods pay any attention here anyway....And of any of you have been subject to those "corporate training videos" you'll realise the music is spot on.

Edited by Butch

Good news for fans of the HBO Series "Deadwood". A movie featuring at least 12 of the original cast members, set ten years later has gone into production!

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/deadwood-movie-hbo-ian-mcshane-timothy-olyphant-trailer-release-date-a8619736.html

The plot synopsis is currently rather cryptic, with HBO revealing: “The indelible characters of the series are reunited after 10 years to celebrate South Dakota’s statehood. Former rivalries are reignited, alliances are tested and old wounds are reopened, as all are left to navigate the inevitable changes that modernity and time have wrought.”

Edited by BigusDicus
  • Upvote 1

Good news for fans of the HBO Series "Deadwood". A movie featuring at least 12 of the original cast members, set ten years later has gone into production!

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/deadwood-movie-hbo-ian-mcshane-timothy-olyphant-trailer-release-date-a8619736.html

The plot synopsis is currently rather cryptic, with HBO revealing: “The indelible characters of the series are reunited after 10 years to celebrate South Dakota’s statehood. Former rivalries are reignited, alliances are tested and old wounds are reopened, as all are left to navigate the inevitable changes that modernity and time have wrought.”

That's great news, Deadwood remains one of my favourite all time series. It ended too abruptly leaving far too many loose ends though.

Added to that, and to quote MM: "Al Swearengen sure liked his blowjobs..."

Thanks for that, I loved Deadwood and look forward to this, especially if Ian McShane is in it.

Supposedly he is. All the main characters too.

That's great news, Deadwood remains one of my favourite all time series. It ended too abruptly leaving far too many loose ends though.

Added to that, and to quote MM: "Al Swearengen sure liked his blowjobs..."

Me too.

Monday night my wife and I were up in Hollywood at an event when we heard the news. My wife never swears. She turned to me and said "Cocksuckah" in her best Chinese accent, giggling away. Absolutely one of our all time favorites!

Thanks for the heads up.

-------------------------------------------------

For Deadwood fans - https://www.1337x.to/search/deadwood/1/

Edited by hyku1147

Thanks for the heads up.

-------------------------------------------------

For Deadwood fans - https://www.1337x.to/search/deadwood/1/

My Web Adviser gets all worried by that site... all OK for you?

The new 'Deadwood' will be set in an erectile disfunction clinic adjacent to Soi 6.

With the main characters sitting around complaining how good it was ten years ago and how much prices have gone up. Expect Al to chime in with how he always got his BJ's for free.

• Upvote 2

With the main characters sitting around complaining how good it was ten years ago and how much prices have gone up. Expect Al to chime in with how he always got his BJ's for free.

Good one.......I must have been to this place.

We've started watching Better Call Saul and we're on episode 4 now. It's pretty good so far.

After five episodes of Better Call Saul I've given up on it. It's not going anywhere and not interesting enough to keep watching it. I don't watch a lot of television so if I'm going to watch an entire series it needs to be something special and this doesn't do it for me.

After five episodes of Better Call Saul I've given up on it. It's not going anywhere and not interesting enough to keep watching it. I don't watch a lot of television so if I'm going to watch an entire series it needs to be something special and this doesn't do it for me.

I thought that too.

Yes, although I watched all of it, it truly never got there.

Last Monday, Nov 5 my wife and I attended an event in Hollywood hosted by the LA Times. On a small stage was Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman), Co-creator Peter Gould and executive producer Thomas Schnauz. Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring) was supposed to attend but did not show.

Peter and Thomas revealed that a feature film based on Breaking Bad in the works. Apparently most of the original cast is signed. They expressed remorse at losing one key producer to the "Deadwood" film in production. They talked about what a challenge the first season of BCS was. How they got a bit carried away trying to set it up and develop the characters, etc. "We got a little too detailed and carried away perhaps. Took a season and into the next to get where we wanted."

Bob Odenkirk was a kick very dynamic, hyper like his character. Apparently he got his start in stand up comedy. He left early "because I have a "Get Out The Vote" event in fucking Orange County" (this was election eve).

Spoiler Alert: If you have not finished season 4 might be best not to read below:

One thing Bob talked about was how much he enjoys doing the show. "It was a ball playing Jimmy McGill. Dull at times playing the part of a guy trying to be a button down conservative lawyer like his brother At the end of season four we metamorphosed from Jimmy to Saul Goodman, the conniving, break every rule slimeball attorney. In season 5, I pull out all the stops. Insane, absolutely wild and crazy. Everything leading up to Breaking Bad.....(I paraphrase of course)" It sounded quite exciting.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/tv/la-en-st-better-call-saul-live-20181108-story.html

‘Better Call Saul’ team discusses endgame plans and another potential character death
By LOS ANGELES TIMES STAFF
NOV 08, 2018 | 1:45 PM
2P6CKOOTSRAQZPSF25KFEJQ6DI.jpg
"Better Call Saul" star Bob Odenkirk, left, and co-creator Peter Gould take part in an Envelope Live screening and discussion at the Montalbán. (Michael Owen Baker / For The Times)

Five years after "Breaking Bad" went off the air, its universe is alive and well with news that a feature film based on the Emmy-winning drama is in the works.

But is the end of the road in sight for its prequel series, "Better Call Saul"?

Co-creator Peter Gould and executive producer Thomas Schnauz played it (somewhat) coy but also offered some very telling hints when discussing "Saul's" lifespan at an Envelope Live event Monday at the Montalbán in Hollywood.

Play Video
"Breaking Bad" lasted five seasons. "Better Call Saul" just wrapped Season 4. Is the end in sight? Co-creator Peter Gould reveals his feelings about the prequel's possible endgame at the Envelope Live.

Star Bob Odenkirk was also on hand for the screening of the Season 4 finale, which Gould and Schnauz co-wrote. The episode was followed by a conversation with Times TV reporter Yvonne Villarreal.

KEU47TNW2NHVHAUZF7M4OB6SE4.jpg
Los Angeles Times writer Yvonne Villarreal moderates a discussion at The Times' Envelope Live screening of "Better Call Saul" at the Montalbán with actor Bob Odenkirk, second from left; co-creator/executive producer Peter Gould; and writer/executive producer Thomas Schnauz. (Michael Owen Baker / For The Times)

Season 4 of "Better Call Saul," which wrapped in October, represented a pivotal point in the larger timeline of the "Breaking Bad" universe. The finale ended with Odenkirk's Jimmy McGill beginning his transition into the Saul Goodman that "Breaking Bad" viewers know so well.

"I loved the energy of that ending," Odenkirk said. "It's literally what these four years have been building up to."

However, the Emmy-nominated actor also admitted he had some hesitations about the pivotal moment as well.

Play Video
"Better Call Saul" star Bob Odenkirk talks about Jimmy McGill stepping over the line and his transition into alter ego Saul Goodman at an Envelope Live screening.

As if two identities weren't enough, Odenkirk also shared his thoughts on more potential appearances for Cinnabon employee Gene — the persona that Jimmy takes on after the events of "Breaking Bad."

Play Video
"Better Call Saul" star Bob Odenkirk discusses what may happen to "Gene," Jimmy's Cinnabon manager identity.

But as Jimmy marches closer to his "Breaking Bad" fate, many of the show's viewers are worried about what the future holds for longtime love Kim Wexler (Rhea Seehorn) — and whether she'll meet a grisly fate not unlike that of Jimmy's brother, Chuck.

While Gould noted that "this story is in a lot of ways a tragedy" — eliciting boos from the crowd — he also offered some mildly optimistic notes to worried viewers.

Play Video
What will happen to fan favorite Kim Wexler (Rhea Seehorn)? "Better Call Saul" executive producers Thomas Schnauz and Peter Gould offer some insight into what the future might hold at the Envelope Live.

For more information on future Envelope Live screenings and events, click here.

• Upvote 1

My Web Adviser gets all worried by that site... all OK for you?

Just saw your post.

I have been using it for several years without any problems, or security alerts.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1