Jump to content
Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Good Movies / TV Shows


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HBO announced the Deadwood movie premieres May 31, 2019 !!! https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far  

I had a few days of business in Las Vegas this week.  So we headed out early last Friday, 19 to spend a nice weekend where it is warm (been unseasonably cold here in S Cal the last few months.  Barely

Really enjoyed Billions, the early seasons.  Kind of lost its way the last couple, but still watchable. The new Dexter sounds exciting.  Looking forward to it!  Dexter was one of the best series

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...

“Babylon Berlin”, a Netflix (German language) TV series set in Berlin in 1929.

Captures the decadence, poverty and political upheavals of the time well. Beautifully films and produced, some amazing nightclub dance scenes. Well worth watching.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Butch said:

Westworld 3 has just started on Sky Atlantic.

I re-watched the final episode of Series 2. Now I want to see the whole thing over again!

I had HBO for one and forgot I hadn't wached season two. I am working on that now. I will still run out of new season 3 episodes and be forced to wait.

:allright

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Butch said:

Westworld 3 has just started on Sky Atlantic.

I re-watched the final episode of Series 2. Now I want to see the whole thing over again!

I watched S1.. mostly for the skin....but boy did that program get boring and silly real quick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No one mentioned Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, now streaming on Netflix. There’s been criticism of the Bruce Lee depiction from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and others. The movie wasn’t shown in China but maybe they deserve to miss out.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jacko said:

I watched S1.. mostly for the skin....but boy did that program get boring and silly real quick.

Season two is much better. I finished episode four last night. Four has a one on one character exchange with Jimmie Simpson that is brilliant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RhinoTusk said:

No one mentioned Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, now streaming on Netflix. There’s been criticism of the Bruce Lee depiction from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and others. The movie wasn’t shown in China but maybe they deserve to miss out.

Kareem seems to forget that Hollywood never gets things perfectly accurate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox's new contemporary take on War of the Worlds is quite good. Not exactly fast paced initially but there are some tense scenes and the acting is pretty good as well and some decent camera work. Couple of characters developing nicely.

Be warned, I have found myself getting a bit frustrated at the apparent lack of common sense during an alien invasion...:)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Butch said:

Fox's new contemporary take on War of the Worlds is quite good. Not exactly fast paced initially but there are some tense scenes and the acting is pretty good as well and some decent camera work. Couple of characters developing nicely.

Be warned, I have found myself getting a bit frustrated at the apparent lack of common sense during an alien invasion...:)

 

Is that a Fox show? I get it on Epix but it is only about six episodes so far.

Edited by midlifecrisis
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ozark s1 and 2 was fantastic really looking forward to s3

West world I've enjoyed. Minimal skin in s2 and s3e1 had me to totally baffled s3e2 was much easier to follow and seems the skin is making a return ?

Movies wise. I watched guy richies latest offering "the gentlemen" the other day I really like that. Huge grant was surprisingly good in it. 

I liked 6 underground but that's probably been mentioned in previous pages. Great car chase in the first 20 mins or so and Ryan Reynolds was amusing enough. 

Twd has plumbed new depths of shitness so no surprises there. At least annoying alpha is dead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 7:19 PM, Butch said:

Fox's new contemporary take on War of the Worlds is quite good. Not exactly fast paced initially but there are some tense scenes and the acting is pretty good as well and some decent camera work. Couple of characters developing nicely.

Be warned, I have found myself getting a bit frustrated at the apparent lack of common sense during an alien invasion...:)

 

Actually scrub that. 4 episodes in and it has turned into a modern day PC virtue signalling wank fest.

We have an illegal immigrant who turns out to be virtuous and a hero, despite the middle class white woman leaving him for dead in the first ep. We have strong female lead characters, a stereotypical male sex offender / rapist and weak white males in their roles. We also have a scene where highly trained Soldiers can't kill an alien, but a woman picking up an assault rifle for the first time, can.

Utter bollocks and don't waste your time.

I was actually cheering for the martians by the end.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Butch said:

Actually scrub that. 4 episodes in and it has turned into a modern day PC virtue signalling wank fest.

We have an illegal immigrant who turns out to be virtuous and a hero, despite the middle class white woman leaving him for dead in the first ep. We have strong female lead characters, a stereotypical male sex offender / rapist and weak white males in their roles. We also have a scene where highly trained Soldiers can't kill an alien, but a woman picking up an assault rifle for the first time, can.

Utter bollocks and don't waste your time.

I was actually cheering for the martians by the end.

I am six episodes in (7 is available) and I am not as negative about it as you are but the writing could have been better. 

I will finish this season but, if it returns, I doubt I will still be on board.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, la8rat said:

I finish season 3 of ozark yesterday and loved it. I won't spoil it for any fans who've not watched it yet, but you are in for a treat. 

I gave up on season one. Now you have me rethinking it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

I gave up on season one. Now you have me rethinking it.

You don't know how much I envy you. 

Having all 3 seasons of this gem to binge watch. 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 10:10 AM, midlifecrisis said:

Yes. I will start at the beginning. 

Watch the Trailers, an episode or two in the seasons.  It is a bit to follow without a scorecard. I like it lots, but have to watch once when I'm alert, again when I'm real alert.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 1:34 PM, la8rat said:

I finish season 3 of ozark yesterday and loved it. I won't spoil it for any fans who've not watched it yet, but you are in for a treat. 

Big "Cheers" for Ozark. Mr and the Mrs about to binge watch S01 and S02 ion the strength of the first Ep! :)

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

A show called animal kingdom is pretty good

Helen barkin plays the head of House for her little crime family. Has flesh crime action car chases. 

I've enjoyed them a lot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...