Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Good Movies / TV Shows

I'm a fan of Timothy Oliphant...liked him in Deadwood and Justified, so will give his foray into zombie comedy a look, but it's not gotten good reviews from the early episodes.

Liked him better in Justified. Not sure about zombie stuff. Although the zombies attacking the wall in World War Z was pretty great. Great special effects flick.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HBO announced the Deadwood movie premieres May 31, 2019 !!! https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far  

I had a few days of business in Las Vegas this week.  So we headed out early last Friday, 19 to spend a nice weekend where it is warm (been unseasonably cold here in S Cal the last few months.  Barely

Here's another Thai advert, notice the guy has a bottle of fish sauce next to his rice, one of the simple meals poor people eat.  

Posted Images

Liked him better in Justified. Not sure about zombie stuff. Although the zombies attacking the wall in World War Z was pretty great. Great special effects flick.

Agreed about liking Justified better. I thought his style of humor and bravado were perfect for that role. That's one of my favorite series..lots of very good script writing and acting.

• Upvote 1

Agreed about liking Justified better. I thought his style of humor and bravado were perfect for that role. That's one of my favorite series..lots of very good script writing and acting.

Yes, sorry it is finished. They ended it well.

Yep, Justified was a great series, I also like timothy Oliphant and liked his Character in Deadwood.

I watched Ep 1 of Santa Clarita diet last night, it didn't really do it for me. Oliphant delivers comedy really well, but the supporting cast isn't great, and the script...well...it's about zombies so there you go.

I'll stick with it for a couple of more episodes then depending how I feel I'll bin it, just lookng for fillers before GOT starts again. Sense8 seems to fit the bill though.

Two episodes of Sense8.

Got into for a while with the Nairobi chicken but a Bollywood song and dance routine kind of put me off (ep. 2).

I don't want to give too much away.

I guess I will try one more episode.

Edited by midlifecrisis

Two episodes of Sense*.

Got into for a while with the Nairobi chicken but a Bollywood song and dance routine kind of put me off (ep. 2).

I don't want to give too much away.

I guess I will try one more episode.

The first 4 or so episodes are setting up the character development. After the 8 characters in the cluster start to interact, it takes off.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The first 4 or so episodes are setting up the character development. After the 8 characters in the cluster start to interact, it takes off.

thx I will give it a chance.

I did love the Nairobi chicken scene.

• Upvote 1

I didn't even make it to th e second. Have the same issues with the second season as I had with the first one- the aggravated artsyness he's way too much sometimes borderline kitschy and the gay correctness that's being rubbed in every other minutes is a bit too much to my taste

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

I didn't even make it to th e second. Have the same issues with the second season as I had with the first one- the aggravated artsyness he's way too much sometimes borderline kitschy and the gay correctness that's being rubbed in every other minutes is a bit too much to my taste

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

Given that it's produced by the Wachowski Sisters, who used to be the Wachowski Brothers, it is sort of bent towards their points of view.

The kitschy and gay correctness do not abate as you go further into the series, so if that is what bothers you, best not proceed.

Given that it's produced by the Wachowski Sisters, who used to be the Wachowski Brothers, it is sort of bent towards their points of view.

The kitschy and gay correctness do not abate as you go further into the series, so if that is what bothers you, best not proceed.

Well, instead of bother I'd rather use the word bore. The good news is that this is probably the only thing we've ever disagreed on and it's just a TV show :)

• Upvote 1

There are storylines about gay people and aids and transexuals but it isn't all about homosexuality. So far I have found some of it to be done with a sense of humor. Another storyline was about the scary abuse of the rights of another. The male sex was not vulgar and watching two lesbians with a strapon will never bother me. Most of it is not about sex but about people. Just some of the people are gay. They don't represent the majority. It isn't all about homosexuality.

edit: one of those lesbians is a tranny and I didn't see the package.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • Upvote 1

There are storylines about gay people and aids and transexuals but it isn't all about homosexuality. So far I have found some of it to be done with a sense of humor. Another storyline was about the scary abuse of the rights of another. The male sex was not vulgar and watching two lesbians with a strapon will never bother me. Most of it is not about sex but about people. Just some of the people are gay. They don't represent the majority. It isn't all about homosexuality.

edit: one of those lesbians is a tranny and I didn't see the package.

Seems like I've created a monster with my remark, what reflects above is not at all what I was trying to say. I have absolutely nothing against homosexuality, I only dislike THE WAY it is presented in this particular show by these particular actors. I don't want to turn this thread into a gay debate so let's just forget about it.

As for gay movies with a sense of humor, an all time favorite is the original French version of La Cage of Folles. Definitely not this one.

Edited by Patna

Seems like I've created a monster with my remark, what reflects above is not at all what I was trying to say. I have absolutely nothing against homosexuality, I only dislike THE WAY it is presented in this particular show by these particular actors. I don't want to turn this thread into a gay debate so let's just forget about it.

As for gay movies with a sense of humor, an all time favorite is the original French version of La Cage of Folles. Definitely not this one.

Yes, the original version of La Cage aux Folles was brilliant. The first gay movie I ever saw. Highly recommended. I saw it at a time when I was still a bit anti gay.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077288/

The American version, The Birdcage, with Nathan Lane, Robin Williams and Gene hackman was not nearly as good but still OK.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115685/

American Gods

"Word on the street is your wife died sucking your best friend's cock" - Ian McShane, of course

american-gods-illo.jpg

Good show

Quick yarn about Ian Mcshane. He found some small fame by playing the part of a loveble rogue antiques dealer in a (locally to me) filmed TV series called "Lovejoy" back in the 90's. My dear old Mum loved him so much she would go along and watch it being filmed on location in varying areas of Suffolk and even met him and some of the cast.

A few years later she noticed he was appearing in "deadwood" but didn't catch the series when it aired, however she downloaded the whole lot on her "Sky" box intending to binge watch it when it became available second time around.

I seem to recall the look of shock on her face when his character made it's first appearance...

Quick yarn about Ian Mcshane. He found some small fame by playing the part of a loveble rogue antiques dealer in a (locally to me) filmed TV series called "Lovejoy" back in the 90's. My dear old Mum loved him so much she would go along and watch it being filmed on location in varying areas of Suffolk and even met him and some of the cast.

A few years later she noticed he was appearing in "deadwood" but didn't catch the series when it aired, however she downloaded the whole lot on her "Sky" box intending to binge watch it when it became available second time around.

I seem to recall the look of shock on her face when his character made it's first appearance...

He was great in Deadwood

Why? Was it because he was looking older and more dissolute than in her early experience? Or was it the excellent perverse role they had given him?

He did love his blowjobs :P

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Why? Was it because he was looking older and more dissolute than in her early experience? Or was it the excellent perverse role they had given him?

If a man that loves blowjobs surprises a woman she has lived a very sheltered life

I think it was the change of character from sedate, love everyone cheeky chappie antiques dealer to a bar onwer calling everyone a "cunt". Brilliant casting though, one of the best things about Deadwood IMO.

• Upvote 1