Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Good Movies / TV Shows

BBC IPlayer is getting difficult, it is able to recognize I am out of the UK, despite my using a VPN and UK 'resident' server.

Yes I have 'cleared the 'cookies'.

I am actually just trying to watch their video clips of the snooker.

Season 1, Episodes 1-3 appear to be available with Kodi.

We manage with bbc i player no problems through the minix box,either a direct link or going to a link through Kodi, have you downloaded the latest version of the i player?

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HBO announced the Deadwood movie premieres May 31, 2019 !!! https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far  

I had a few days of business in Las Vegas this week.  So we headed out early last Friday, 19 to spend a nice weekend where it is warm (been unseasonably cold here in S Cal the last few months.  Barely

Here's another Thai advert, notice the guy has a bottle of fish sauce next to his rice, one of the simple meals poor people eat.  

Posted Images

We manage with bbc i player no problems through the minix box,either a direct link or going to a link through Kodi, have you downloaded the latest version of the i player?

I am trying to use the Iplayer from within my browser, haven't had much success with the Add On one for Kodi. (It should automatically update).I don;t have any Android box.. no room under my TV!

Am very much enjoying 'Breaking Bad' now.

Edited by jacko

Hi. I watched "Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol.2" yesterday, and liked it. :smile:

You know when you go see such a movie that it will not be an intellectual one ;). The audience was in the good mood and some good general laughs. Some very nice special effects, but (IMHO) probably to many and too big. A big "WTF?" about the scenario in the second part with this "father's planet". Just a pretext to more big special effects? All in all you don't have the surprise effect of the first one, but still a rather good movie and I had a pleasant time watching it.

guardians_of_the_galaxy_vol2-movie-poste

I saw the Denzel version of Magnificent 7 , nothing on the original though. It was a bit too sanitised for todays audiences (the ethnic mix within the group) but it was enjoyable, but something to watch when you've nothing else to do or if it's raining outside instead of specifically setting an evening aside to see it.

If you can put aside the factual errors and sit back & relax , the film is fun to watch and entertaining. Grab the popcorn and a beer.

Watched Deepwater Horizon. Good. Not great. Tells the story of the oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. Good cast and special effects.

Also watched Fantastic Beasts........

I can't recommend it. Too much of JK Rowlings schtick. I have long outgrown it.

Finished Bosch season 3. Better than the first two seasons. I look forward to season 4...eventually.

The wife and I had a lazy weekend. 5 episodes of Bosch Sat, finishing up the last 5 episodes Sun. Agree that the 3rd season is the best so far. And we both loved the first two seasons. Wife read most of the books back in the 80's. Feels the series carries the spirit of the books well. The cinematography is stunning often capturing the essence of Los Angeles brilliantly.

An Amazon original production. The joy of episodic television which allows the telling of a story over 6, 8, 10 or more hours instead of crammed into 90-120 mins.

The wife and I had a lazy weekend. 5 episodes of Bosch Sat, finishing up the last 5 episodes Sun. Agree that the 3rd season is the best so far. And we both loved the first two seasons. Wife read most of the books back in the 80's. Feels the series carries the spirit of the books well. The cinematography is stunning often capturing the essence of Los Angeles brilliantly.

An Amazon original production. The joy of episodic television which allows the telling of a story over 6, 8, 10 or more hours instead of crammed into 90-120 mins.

Yes, a better way to do it. I don't have to wait months to get to the end. That said I am watching Fargo and Better Call Saul in real time.

Bosch.png

Thanks for that. After three seasons I have started thinking about reading at least one of the books. I will start at the beginning.

:thumbup

Sense8 season 2 has been released on Netflix, all episodes in one day. I just watched episode 1 season 2, and am, as usual with this series, a bit lost initially. Same thing happened with season 1..but by episode 4 I was totally immersed in the story. It's so different, you need a bit of immersion to stay with it.

Season 1 was incredible. It's like no other movie or series I have ever seen, and if you like it, you'll really like it, and if you don't like it, you'll probably hate it. One thing about it though...it's definitely a groundbreaking story and exposition that deserves a look.

Some clips from season 1...lots of good action as well as a thought-provoking story with excellent casting. Several of the characters are favorites of mine from Lost. What you see in the clips is that the characters change as the members of the sensate "cluster" share their skills as one person. When a character changes, that person is the one guiding the action.

https://youtu.be/ecHtZazIDeM

Some shows you might have overlooked

Netflix

=====

Santa Clarita Diet - a zombie comedy

The United States of Tara - Comedy about a woman with a multiple personality disorder

Lilyhammer - The setup: Remember Tony Soprano's consigliere, Frank "The Fixer" Tagliano? Anyway, he ended up in the Witness Protection Program - in Norway of all places. Comedy.

• Upvote 1

We finished the last two episodes of Billions, 2nd season last night. Whew! Very, very good. Acting is brilliant! Brit Damian Lewis on par with the always brilliant Paul Giamati.

• Upvote 2

"Better Call Saul" S03 is now on Netflix, up to and including Episode 5. Binged watched this weekend.

MM thanks for the Sense8 heads up, I'm definitely giving that a look, also Sabaidii I'llcheck out Santa clarita diet, that's my kind of TV pulp fiction I need to get me through sometimes lol.

"Better Call Saul" S03 is now on Netflix, up to and including Episode 5. Binged watched this weekend.

MM thanks for the Sense8 heads up, I'm definitely giving that a look, also Sabaidii I'llcheck out Santa clarita diet, that's my kind of TV pulp fiction I need to get me through sometimes lol.

I'm a fan of Timothy Oliphant...liked him in Deadwood and Justified, so will give his foray into zombie comedy a look, but it's not gotten good reviews from the early episodes.