Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Good Movies / TV Shows

I think that over the years I've seen every episode about 5 times, a majority of which in the Pig and Whistle. Interestingly there was a piece in a tabloid today about a "Final Episode" of Only Fools, to tie up all the loose ends of the characters, but the early passing of John Sullivan meant that the script never got finished.

Never..... I had a lot of breakfasts in Crazy Dave's and know every episode by heart!

If youre bored just watch the full versions of Only Fools and Horses.

Thanks for the heads up!. Netflix has it plus the specials and will squeeze it in.

Thank God I'm retired.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HBO announced the Deadwood movie premieres May 31, 2019 !!! https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far  

I had a few days of business in Las Vegas this week.  So we headed out early last Friday, 19 to spend a nice weekend where it is warm (been unseasonably cold here in S Cal the last few months.  Barely

Here's another Thai advert, notice the guy has a bottle of fish sauce next to his rice, one of the simple meals poor people eat.  

Posted Images

Man in the high castle is another one similar to SS-GB isn't it? A dystopian future of the UK under Nazi rule. I've heard mixed reviews about it, but it's one I'll put on my list.

Not sure what SS-GB is but yes, in this one Germany and Japan control, respectively, the East and West coasts of America with the middle being a 'no-mans land'. It's a bit slow paced at times but pretty good, at least the first season.

If you haven't seen it I highly recommend season one of Fargo. Can't go wrong with Billy Bob and Bilbo Baggins. :D

For some comedy give Episodes a shot.

Just finished the pilot of a new TV series called 'Taken'.......Not the film and not resembling it in plot terms yet....Apart from the lead having a particular set of skills that makes him a nightmare for the baddies.

Action adventure......a few twists and quite exciting. Sort of thing I like.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks........I was going to give it one more go. I won't bother. 'Lucky Man' is back anyway!!

I have not found Legion compelling, so if you are about where I was after episode three I would expect that you will be about where I am at after episode four.

Lucky Man is new to me and will look for it.

Edited by midlifecrisis

I have not fount Legion compelling, so if you are about where I was after episode three I would expect that you will be about where I am at after episode four.

Lucky Man is new to me and will look for it.

Season two......So start with one.

Great views of London and Nora Jones song a bonus...Written or created by Stan Lee.

Netflix does not have it. I will try Amazon later.

If you are discussing Stan Lee's 'Lucky Man' it does appear to be available via Kodi with Exodus Add On. Series 2 Episode 1 is there.

Finished season one of The Americans and it is definitely worth watching season two.

I grew up during the Cold War and yet I find myself rooting for the Soviets.

Good writing, good tension and fine acting. It really shows the underlying nastiness of the war.

Finished season one of The Americans and it is definitely worth watching season two.

I grew up during the Cold War and yet I find myself rooting for the Soviets.

Good writing, good tension and fine acting. It really shows the underlying nastiness of the war.

Some of the references to their lives reflects so well the zeitgeist of the time...this carries on into later seasons just as well. At one point, the couple start going to EST, which I hadn't heard mentioned in decades.

Clips of Reagan's speeches highlight how much fear and distrust from the Soviet point of view they caused when you see their side.

I just love this show...been anxiously waiting for each successive season. Season 5 starts next week!

Some of the references to their lives reflects so well the zeitgeist of the time...this carries on into later seasons just as well. At one point, the couple start going to EST, which I hadn't heard mentioned in decades.

Clips of Reagan's speeches highlight how much fear and distrust from the Soviet point of view they caused when you see their side.

I just love this show...been anxiously waiting for each successive season. Season 5 starts next week!

Deutschland '83 shows the fear the eastern bloc had of Reagan. It is more from the intelligence agency and police perspective and not the embedded mole but I did not see all of that series.

The last time I heard EST mentioned was by John Candy's character Ox in Stripes. Does it still exist? I think it morphed into other things.

I will be on season three when season five starts. Catching up slowly.

I gave Legion 2 episodes and have had to give up on it. It's just not doing it for me. :(

The latest SS-GB episode was very good and developed the characters nicely. We are now beginning to get an idea of running plot lines and the decisions the lead has to face in the coming episodes.

Now that Taboo has finished (no spoilers) It was a refreshingly good, well produced and well made production. There was some great acting, well developed storylines and an enjoyable ending. My only complaint was Oona Chaplin did overdoing it during the dramatic scenes which is unlike her, but at least the GOT cast have something to keep them busy during the off season filming!.

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on Taboo.

• Upvote 1

Hope I'm not saying too much but I'm hoping for a second season of Taboo............

Agree about Legend.......There's so much good stuff I've got to catch up on I've no more time to waste on it.

Through my Android Box and Kodi I'm still catching up on and binge watching some classics like 'Smiley's People'

There's usually one thing a day to watch on TV....... Rounds the day off nicely.

Gym

Beach Walk

Shag

Massage

Sunday Roast

internet surf

Beach Walk 2

FaceTime my son and Brother.......

and......TV ....... Football tonight........Glass of Yellow Tail. .........And 'up the wooden hills to Bedfordshire.'

As a died-in-the-wool "24" fan, I was looking forward (skeptically to some extent) to the reboot of "24:Legacy" this last month.
It's similar to 24 in the staging of the scenes, the out-of-the-blue twists that defy credibility, the split screen multiple threads that one hopes will sometime join in some coherent fashion.

These gimmicks worked for 24 because it was new, Kiefer Sutherland was charismatic and just had that "something".
The new protagonist just doesn't have it. The plot overshadows the characters so much that you hardly know who they are and why they are doing anything.

I watched it up to episode 5, and it's going to the back of the queue now.

Come back, Kiefer (full name Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland) ! Oh yeah, he'll be back next week in Designated Survivor :P

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5345490/

Me too MM, Me and the Mrs would binge watch 24, saving up the episodes for the weekend. I still maintain the third series was the best. I was slightly disappointed with the last series though, it seemed that the "rinse and repeat" strategy failed and it just was far too weak in parts.

I'd love to have a night out on the piss with Kiefer, he does have a reputation for enjoying a wee drink now and then...

• Upvote 1

As a died-in-the-wool "24" fan, I was looking forward (skeptically to some extent) to the reboot of "24:Legacy" this last month.

It's similar to 24 in the staging of the scenes, the out-of-the-blue twists that defy credibility, the split screen multiple threads that one hopes will sometime join in some coherent fashion.

These gimmicks worked for 24 because it was new, Kiefer Sutherland was charismatic and just had that "something".

The new protagonist just doesn't have it. The plot overshadows the characters so much that you hardly know who they are and why they are doing anything.

I watched it up to episode 5, and it's going to the back of the queue now.

Come back, Kiefer (full name Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland) ! Oh yeah, he'll be back next week in Designated Survivor :P

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5345490/

The mention of Sutherland reminds me that he is in Designated Survivor"

Can anyone recommend?

Edited by midlifecrisis

The mention of Sutherland reminds me that his is in Designated Survivor"

Can anyone recommend?

Actually, I mentioned Designated Survivor in the last part of my post.

It's entertaining and I'm anxiously awaiting the return from the seasonal hiatus.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Actually, I mentioned Designated Survivor in the last part of my post.

It's entertaining and I'm anxiously awaiting the return from the seasonal hiatus.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I apologize speed reading with bad eyesight is problematic. Frustrating too. I actually only see the computer screen with one eye. Long story involving cataract surgery. I am farsighted in the repaired eye and very nearsighted in the other.

Thanks for the recommendation! It is now on my list. I do find the premise intriguing.

I just returned this morning from a wedding and I am back into The Americans tonight!!!

• Upvote 1

I'd forgotten about 'Taken' 2nd episode tonight.

If you like special ops, chase 'em...shoot 'em up and stick a broom handle in the throat stuff .....It's for you.

If you like special ops, chase 'em...shoot 'em up and stick a broom handle in the throat stuff .....It's for you.

Sounds like a regular night on Walking Street.

Well, Season 5 of "The Americans" has aired now, and this review from the NYT has some very complimentary things to say about the series and this season's first episode.

I'm including the initial part of a fairly long review...

If you love a good spy story, no doubt Tuesday you’ll tune in for the latest in a gripping serial about Russian operatives using duplicity and “kompromat” to undermine American democracy.

But once you’re done watching the news, might I suggest “The Americans”?

Yeah, it’s a cheap joke. But if television’s best drama finally gets the buzz it deserves because evidence of Russian interference in the 2016 election served as viral marketing — well, as Comrade Trotsky once said, “The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end.”

If you’re new to the series (the first four seasons are on Amazon Prime), it follows Elizabeth and Philip Jennings (Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys), married K.G.B. agents posing as travel agents in suburban Virginia during the Reagan era. While raising two American children, they’ve donned fabulous wigs, ferreted out military secrets and killed innocents in service of the fading Soviet empire — all to a well-curated classic-rock soundtrack.

Continued at

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/arts/television/tv-review-americans-season-5-russia-trump.html?_r=0

Given the news today, the first two paragraphs are a hoot.

Finished "The Americans" season two. Better than season one.

I gave up on "Jessica Jones". When the main character consistently has control of her agenda and then wanders off leaving her situation in the control of other people who have their own agendas............comic book writing.

I enjoyed the season Finale of "Taboo"

Watched the first episode of "American Crime" season one. Felicity Huffman is such a bitch on the show. If my ex-wife was like that I would be sorely tempted to......... The Modesto, California cops are portrayed as out to convict others despite evidence to the contrary and violate the rights of others. One episode was enough.

Edited by midlifecrisis