Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

United airlines..PR disaster

But I want to make clear that this case and Dr. Dao's are totally different.

Based on the reports, the flight crew was justified in getting law enforcement involved in this case, since they were actively being disruptive and disobeying valid requests from the flight crew.

A year or two ago a very wealthy and prominent NZ business man was off loaded from a local flight. His sin was that he would not pay attention to the flight attendants request that passengers take note of the flight instructions. While this sin is committed by most of us it still goes to show who is in charge.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't be a cunt.   He'll get what he deserves when the United legal team sign off his eight-figure settlement.

I'm pretty old, so I remember when United was good. It was, originally, an airline that loved to fly -- its leadership and organizational culture appropriately tuned to building its business and mark

It's not about contracts or legal technicalities. It's about public relations. If United wants to treat paying passengers in that manner, so be it. They aren't the only airline people can fly, and

Posted Images

A year or two ago a very wealthy and prominent NZ business man was off loaded from a local flight. His sin was that he would not pay attention to the flight attendants request that passengers take note of the flight instructions. While this sin is committed by most of us it still goes to show who is in charge.

I get aggravated by passengers seemingly refusing to turn their phones off.

Trying to go sit in a more expensive 'cabin' than their ticket, is just being a pillock (even if someone is laying out on your designated seats).... United are going to be targets of this type of thing for a while.

Edited by jacko
typo
  • Upvote 1

But I want to make clear that this case and Dr. Dao's are totally different.

Based on the reports, the flight crew was justified in getting law enforcement involved in this case, since they were actively being disruptive and disobeying valid requests from the flight crew.

I agree with you.

The part I don't get over this. The plane was not over booked. It was fully booked. Until UA had 4 of their employees needing to get to a destination for a flight. So they kicked off 3 and dragged one off the plane to accommodate UA crew members.

When the plane eventually left, the passengers were reportedly giving the stink eye to the 4 crew members sitting among them. The idiot wanna be (scapegoat) cop has been suspended. The whole thing is terrible as it shows UA using Police to conduct their over sights in a draconian manner.

They could have been overbooked but the overbooked ones were refused boarding at the check in counter

Some crazy people do deserve to get pulled off airplanes by law enforcement :P

In both cases,these women were bat shit crazy...I am surprised that there isn't a provision in the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) that prevents discrimination against crazy people.

and this one...

Some crazy people do deserve to get pulled off airplanes by law enforcement :P

In both cases,these women were bat shit crazy...I am surprised that there isn't a provision in the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) that prevents discrimination against crazy people.

and this one...

I would just of Tazer'ed her ass of the plane, crazy ass bitch!

Is it a federal offence to record video on a plane??

I would just of Tazer'ed her ass of the plane, crazy ass bitch!

Is it a federal offence to record video on a plane??

No, it's not a federal offense as long as it's not during takeoff or landing as required by FAA regulations.

If an FA tells you to stop recording or photographing, you must do it while in flight. Gotta obey even stupid orders fun them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes, but wandering into 1st Class to stretch your legs isn't generally an option on an economy ticket.

If he felt unwell, he should have called cabin crew to evaluate where he sat.

Yes, but wandering into 1st Class to stretch your legs isn't generally an option on an economy ticket.

If he felt unwell, he should have called cabin crew to evaluate where he sat.

Bet there is more to this story than has been mentioned by the passenger in question!!

Looks like United has decided to settle just 3 weeks after the incident...Smart move on their part.

It is not so much the settlement as what they promised to do.

• Limit use of law enforcement to safety and security issues only.
  • Not require customers seated on the plane to give up their seat involuntarily unless safety or security is at risk.
  • Increase customer compensation incentives for voluntary denied boarding up to $10,000.
  • Establish a customer solutions team to provide agents with creative solutions such as using nearby airports, other airlines or ground transportations to get customers to their final destination.
  • Ensure crews are booked onto a flight at least 60 minutes prior to departure.
  • Provide employees with additional annual training.
  • Create an automated system for soliciting volunteers to change travel plans.
  • Reduce the amount of overbooking.
  • Empower employees to resolve customer service issues in the moment.
  • Eliminate the red tape on permanently lost bags by adopting a "no questions asked" policy on lost luggage.

http://newsroom.united.com/2017-04-27-United-Airlines-Announces-Changes-to-Improve-Customer-Experience