Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
Butch

Hotel vs Condo rental - 3 weeks stay

Hi,

Asking on behalf of a friend. Cost is not a major issue, his budget is 1600 - 2000 per night, essentials are the use of a pool, daily apartment service and security.

For that kind of budget there are some decent hotels in town, but has anyone here tried short term condo rental and if so, how did they find it?.

Cheers and virtual San Mig Light with a slice of mouldy manao to you all.

View Talay 6 next to Central Festival. Prices range anywhere from 1,000 - 2,200 baht. 48sq M. apartments.  Has pool and security and cleaning can be daily, weekly or anything in between. Several different agencies within the complex renting rooms. Shop, laundry, cafe and massage within the complex. I stay there for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. 

KM

Strictly speaking condos should not be rented out for less than 1 month. In Bangkok such places are being raided and all residents checked for address reporting. 

In the past I used to bridge the cramped hotel room to a spacious condo where I can make a bit of brekkie and keep my favourite beer brand at hand using the Residence Hotel and Nova park. Always liked having a separate  bedroom.  

thanks chaps, I'm not 100% sure if the month rental rule is strictly enforced, as he's had quotes back for the 3 weeks. Good shout on the Nova Jacko, I'll link it over to him.

Traditional agents are still listing.

Just spent 12 days at VT6 booking through Honeys without any problems.  Would recommend - Paid 1,700 per day.

Posted (edited)

Booked three weeks at The Base for August through ManyHoliday (Mike's Mall carpark) via Booking, rather than our usual 1 week found on the ground then move on - 3 different hotels.  Not sure if we'll regret it.  We live in 40m2 so don't think size will be a problem - saw all the stuff about illegality later and the Bangkok raid. 

Going to ask for an attestation saying we're staying for a month (and we'll leave early) + a copy of the declaration of stay.

Just checked 30967bht for 22 nights = 1408 bht per night (over our normal 1000bht per night budget) = 40€ per night @ 1€ = 35 bht.  That includes Booking's rake off of course.

Full report in TR to come.

Edited by capdagde

I have noted quite a few places with revised signage saying month in minimum however I would assume that like all else this would be a very flexible rule.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

On 6/8/2019 at 12:43 PM, capdagde said:

Booked three weeks at The Base for August through ManyHoliday (Mike's Mall carpark) via Booking, rather than our usual 1 week found on the ground then move on - 3 different hotels.  Not sure if we'll regret it.  We live in 40m2 so don't think size will be a problem - saw all the stuff about illegality later and the Bangkok raid. 

Hope you speak arsehole, reports are that The Base is overrun by rude Chinese tourists.

8 hours ago, Big_Brian said:

Hope you speak arsehole, reports are that The Base is overrun by rude Chinese tourists.

So I believe - well I'll see for myself.  Xiexie, wanan!