Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Oman Air....not amused

This is the last time I'm flying with these jokers. From fabulous early experiences of first using them in 2013 they have slowly gone downhill as each year as gone by for a myriad of reasons.

Their online check in has been particulary difficult this last 2 years since they "opened" their 48 hour check in as opposed to previously 24 hours. Complaint from myself and 100's of others clearly hit home over not being able to select 2nd sector seat at the 48 hour mark but they've gone one better now

Went to check in at 48 hour mark last night. Strange every seat was now premium not just exit seats the entire lot. Thought well maybe another glitch with these jokers will leave to now Sunday morning. Go back in again and see exactly the same.

Thinking FFS I'll ring them I did. Wait for it. Now the 2 lowest classes of economy seat which covers every single seat sold via agents for sure plus "supersaver" and "saver" fares from their own Oman website can no longer pick any seat in advance without paying. You want the worst seat in the middle of the three you still pay lol....out of principle I'm not paying its just out and out gouging FFS.

He went on to say click through the seating options and whatever seats are left are assigned at T4 when you check in. Seriously unamused

This is what happens when in the early days of myself and colleague using they used to run maybe 50% capacity and less most of the time. Built the client base up now and choca every flight and they have carte blance to gouge further monies out of passengers. Well this one is walking...

2 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

This is what happens when in the early days of myself and colleague using they used to run maybe 50% capacity and less most of the time. Built the client base up now and choca every flight and they have carte blance to gouge further monies out of passengers. Well this one is walking...

That's gonna take a long, long time!! Make sure you have wheels on your luggage!! ?

• Haha 1

This is just pure Gold. Thought better follow agents advice and check in anyway. NOW its allowed me to pick aisle seat FOC and automatically allocated a window seat FOC on the 2nd lol which is actually showing premium pricing only..... WTF is going on here lol

Both flights absolutely rammed. No spare seats. Check in Girl at Heathrow when I asked about load said overbooked 7 pax London Muscat

Bit of a surprise whilst landing. Came off airbridge (was sat at front of plane for a change) and thought thats unusual signage for immigration which was because it was right in front of me lol. Literally 20 metres to the slope. Second surprise was the lack people. Really noticeable few Chinese (group tour cancellations kicking in I guess) I was actually already on carousel when first bags arrived. From off plane to walking out with bags 10 minutes tops. Makes a pleasant change

Bit surprised because we were stacked up for 30 minutes as well

Edited by Rawhide2
  • 2 weeks later...

Last few times I have flown them, I go through the online check in process choose the seat I want, proceed to the payment page but don't pay just exit and each time I have got the seats I selected when I check in at the airport. I have a gold card not sure if that makes any difference.

• Like 1
On 2/10/2020 at 12:16 PM, iian23 said:

Last few times I have flown them, I go through the online check in process choose the seat I want, proceed to the payment page but don't pay just exit and each time I have got the seats I selected when I check in at the airport. I have a gold card not sure if that makes any difference.

Sindbad Gold members  enjoy seat selection absolutely free when purchasing Economy Lite, Economy and Economy Prime fares.

• Like 1

I see one of their A330's (they only have 4) had emergency on Zurich to Muscat think it was Sunday oxygen masks deployed after depressurization

An absolute certainty that I've been on that particular aircraft at some point as they used to use A330s on London Muscat Bangkok prior to starting delivery of their Dreamliners (shit in comparison I might add)

https://simpleflying.com/oman-air-a330-diversion/

Edited by Rawhide2

There is some misinformation in that link I think. They certainly havent got 11 x A330's unless they've aquired 7 more in the last two weeks

Inflight magazine shows 4 in total unless its not been updated

Edited by Rawhide2
3 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

There is some misinformation in that link I think. They certainly havent got 11 x A330's unless they've aquired 7 more in the last two weeks

Inflight magazine shows 4 in total unless its not been updated

Their own website says 6xA330-300 and 4xA330-200