Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Long Haul Tax up in UK budget today....

Rishi Sunak today.....

“I’m introducing, from April 2023, a new ultra long haul band in Air Passenger Duty covering flights of over 5,500 miles, with an economy rate of £91.”

I'm not sure what we paying before though  ??

So the question is is that overall flight length from A to B or on sector length  ??

I think it is the overall flight length. He is reducing the internal tax. So the long haul travelers have to pay for it. BTW who gets a internal flight in the UK? Unless your travelling to NI. 

4 hours ago, tombon said:

I think it is the overall flight length. He is reducing the internal tax. So the long haul travelers have to pay for it. BTW who gets a internal flight in the UK? Unless your travelling to NI. 

I believe that would be correct...... the only way around it would be sperate tickets at some mid-point. That brings up another question though. One might just be under the distance if one flew direct London to Bangkok..... but just over it if one flew via Dubai.

I expect to be watching a budget summary shortly.  I am sure it will fill me with joy....

4 hours ago, jacko said:

I believe that would be correct...... the only way around it would be sperate tickets at some mid-point. That brings up another question though. One might just be under the distance if one flew direct London to Bangkok..... but just over it if one flew via Dubai.

I expect to be watching a budget summary shortly.  I am sure it will fill me with joy....

Yes it is overall flight length. I asked Alex Macheras my go to aviation guy on twitter and he's said its the overall length

Am assuming (always fatal) that business class is somewhat higher than the £91

Edited by Rawhide2
20 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Yes it is overall flight length. I asked Alex Macheras my go to aviation guy on twitter and he's said its the overall length

Alex Macheras..... The wannabee Aviation influencer who spends most of his time up Qatar Airways  Akbar Al Baker's backside ...

21 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Found this....( does it include the recent budget change, or did they change things before this could be implemented?)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rates-and-allowances-for-air-passenger-duty

Rates from 1 April 2022

Destination bands Reduced rate Standard rate Higher rate
Band A £13 £26 £78
Band B £84 £185 £554

Edited by jacko
On 10/27/2021 at 6:14 PM, tombon said:

I've flew LHR-MAN once on my way back from Bangkok with Qatar.... Upper deck on the A380 on BKK-DOH and also DOH-LHR..... That trip via LHR put me off flying via LHR for life.

11 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

I've flew LHR-MAN once on my way back from Bangkok with Qatar.... Upper deck on the A380 on BKK-DOH and also DOH-LHR..... That trip via LHR put me off flying via LHR for life.

Also-bloody-lutely.  In my early days of working and flying long haul, going via LHR was hard to avoid (I certainly did it with a vengeance later).... that bloody awful connections centre (T4-T1) , the miserable staff, the long walks in transit, various security snafus, sat in aircraft waiting for a gate sweating over my connection.... god I hate that place. And just to confirm things.... one of my recent flights back to UK I used BA (got what appeared to be a deal in Biz.... it wasn't)....and the LHR shuttle departure was 1.5 hours late and they actually had us standing in the jetway tube for 25 minutes... no respect for people. I hate them!

Edited by jacko
3 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Alex Macheras..... The wannabee Aviation influencer who spends most of his time up Qatar Airways  Akbar Al Baker's backside ...

Your deliberate baiting of me are the actions of a trolling 7 year old in junior school. You know full well what you're doing fella

Off to the ignore box you go. Grow up.

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Your deliberate baiting of me are the actions of a trolling 7 year old in junior school. You know full well what you're doing fella

Off to the ignore box you go. Grow up.

Deliberately baiting you??? Trolling? LOL.... I have watched his videos and I do read his tweets as well    He made a name for himself as a 14 year old You Tuber and then managed to get acquantied with some of the right people in the industry. He also managed to get tagged with the title of "Aviation Analyst" as a 14 year old. He's an influencer who has made a career out of his hobby as a kid.

13 hours ago, TheFiend said:

who has made a career out of his hobby as a kid.

Just like a snooker professional, a footballer and many sports personalities.!