Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

It is sad to see the old Walking Street Tree today. When I look at my old pictures I can see it has not always been this way.

wst09a.JPG

wst09b.JPG

wst12a.JPG

wst15a.JPG

wst22a.JPG

wst24a.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 2

Not much left of the WS tree. No matter how sacred the tree is to the Thai's it will eventually crumble under the weight of time.

Pics from 1 June.
P6010006.jpg

P6010008.jpg

P6010014.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
22 hours ago, yorta2 said:

R.I.P. - it was my signpost when i was wandering down WS looking for FLB.

Yes, I am sure it marked the spot for turning around for many over the years. 

• 2 months later...

Bali Hai disgrace! 
When was this dreadful building erected? My oldest picture is from 2014 and I remember there was a time when the disaster didn't kill the view. 
Tear it down.

2014.JPG

2017.JPG

2018.JPG

2019a.JPG

2019b.JPG

2022a.JPG

2022b.JPG

13 hours ago, maik said:

Bali Hai disgrace! 
When was this dreadful building erected?

It sought planning permission in 2008, construction was halted in July 2014.

Since then it has been a monument to how corruption is here. Not quite the appeal of say Edinburgh Castle is it?

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The beach has a lot less flood damage compared to the past.

I always remember some parade going down Beach Rd in the floods many years ago, all these guys and girls in uniform splish-splosh-splashing their way down the road keeping a brave face. Was it perhaps St Patrick's Day Parade?

16 hours ago, jacko said:

I always remember some parade going down Beach Rd in the floods many years ago, all these guys and girls in uniform splish-splosh-splashing their way down the road keeping a brave face. Was it perhaps St Patrick's Day Parade?

I think I remember that there was some sort of naval review for ASEAN navies, and a few guests. A parade was scheduled for late Sunday afternoon and the heavens opened a couple of hours before. I was in Jomtien when the rain started and decided not to go into town. Next day local media had pictures of sailors in their tropical white uniforms wading through the sewage on Beach Road

• Thanks 1
On 10/6/2024 at 5:50 AM, jacko said:

11 hours ago, tallguy said:

I think I remember that there was some sort of naval review for ASEAN navies, and a few guests. A parade was scheduled for late Sunday afternoon and the heavens opened a couple of hours before. I was in Jomtien when the rain started and decided not to go into town. Next day local media had pictures of sailors in their tropical white uniforms wading through the sewage on Beach Road

Found a video of the splish-splashing parade. November 2017.

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Found a video of the splish-splashing parade. November 2017.

I guess the Naval guys cancelling the parade for fear of a bit of water would have been a poor message!

• Haha 2