Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Help me out folks - never been to Pattaya

:chogdee

Help me out folks - I've not been to Pattaya .

I'm looking for a clean comfortable hotel around THB800 ( is that realistic? ) as close to the beach as possible, not too noisy, near the bars and shops, with a BATHTUB and lots of hot water.

Is Soi 13 / Soi 14 a reasonable area? - I like the sound of Walking Street and it wouldn't be too far.

BTW can anyone tell me - EXACTLY HOW FAR IT IT FROM Soi 14 to Soi 8 and HOW FAR FROM BEACH ROAD TO SECOND ROAD? IS IT FLAT OR UP-HILL?

I'm a reluctant wrinkley ( just into my 60s ) and am not looking to get p-ss-d every night, but enjoy good food, good wine ( yea I know - wrong country! ) but not looking to get laid every night (I must be getting old).

Please advise - where should I stay for about a week in September 04? ( and don't say AT HOME! )

( S--t, reading this back -I really do sound a sad case ).

All help will be appreciated. Cheers!

First you should check out some of the Hotel reviews on this site.

Just to give you some start, the following Hotels should be around your price tag and ok:

both Eastinys, both Flippers, Sunshine, Nova Lodge, Dynasty Hotel,

Most of the better but still reasonably priced Hotels are in the Soi 7 or 8 Area. Lots of beer Bars around, not really silent in the Night, but good fun.

From there to the Beginning of Walking Street you walk around 15 or 20 Minutes, or rather take a Baht Bus (every Minute or so, cost 10 Baht).

Distance from Beach Road to 2nd Road: 200 - 400 Meters.

It is flat there, don't worry!

Have a great time!

Sunny

I agree with Sunny - for you budget and needs, the Soi 7 and Soi 8 Hotels sure are the best bet. Rooms in the Sunshine Hotels New wing have nice bathtubes, the hotel has an advertised rate at 1027 Baht which can be negotiated.

http://www.sunshinepattaya.com/

I find the Nova Lodge a bit out of date

Just look at the review section and chose the price range you like and then browse through the reviews, for around 800 Baht you can get a number of decent nice Hotelrooms in Pattaya.

cheers

cyber

I just received a quote from the Flipper House on Soi 7 for a weeks stay at 770 baht per night in the new wing. Regarding the distance from Beach Rd to 2nd Rd, Sunny numbers are right, the closer to Walking St the shorter the distance.

Emil

I've got a confirmation at Eastiny Place for 750 baht. Mark Nookham is the Manager and responds to the emails. When he gives you a quote, just let him know you've stayed before at 750 baht.

Cheers,

Mark

59 days and wheels up!

Consider Sabai Lodge on Soi 2. About your price range and close to Big C shops. It is further from Walking street than Soi 8 but you would get the Bahy bus anyway. It is also a bit quieter up there.

I am trying this one out.Sandy Spring

uktraveller look at this place 990 Baht per night.

1) Nice big rooms with good aircon.

2) Bath tub with plenty of hot water.

3) Swimming pool.

4) About half way between Walking st and Soi's 7 & 8.

5) Soi 13 runs between Second rd & Beach rd the Hotel is 1/2 way down the Soi and about 150 yards from the beach.

6) It's easy to catch a Baht bus in either direction eg: Walking st or Soi 8 area's

7) The sportsman's bar is right next door where you can get a good Pommy feed at a reasonable price.

Bigmike.

Definitely stay in the Soi 7, Soi 8 area. I prefer the Flippers but like Eastiny also.

Don't worry about getting around. The Baht bus routes cover the area there.

Cheers

"S--t, reading this back -I really do sound a sad case "

Sir, if you are planning trip to Pattaya then maybe you aren't so sad!

I might add, being near wrinkley myself, that I find the Soi 7 and 8 area just too central and a bit noisy. You are never too far from the beach in Pattaya, beach road to 2nd road being a 150m walk.

I hope this map helps. http://pattayacity.com/pattaya/pmap.html

Hotels...Lek or Lido Beach...so many!

try Tim's

http://timbarbeerpattaya.com/

across from Lek hotel - with big Jaxuzzi in room for about 700-750 per night....and with a go-go and beer bar in your basement - you can't lose

Mate the map is wrong. The Lek Hotel is on the corner of Second rd and Soi 13 not Soi 12. Also have you ever tried crossing Second rd, may be if you into suicidal tendencies you might,and who would want to sleep on top of a beer bar!!!!!!!?.

Bigmike.

Hotels...Lek or Lido Beach...so many!

I/d second the Lek..............think you/ll find Soi 7 and 8 too full on and noisy. Forget Tims as someone has already said, its a pain in the arse getting over 2nd Road!

I would have to second Sabai Lodge or Sabai Inn on Soi 2 for you. They have excellent water pressure and sometimes the water can be too hot. They have just completed a new pool area making 3 very nice pools at one place. Its a 3 minute walk to the beach and a 2 minute walk to the Big C mall. And of course a 1 minute walk to the soapies if you want to give that experience a try.

I tried Flipper Lodge in March, after 3 times in Sawasdee Mansion, and found it much better to spend that bit more for the quality. Excellent pool and service all round. Also with it being on Soi 8 it was lots more fun, as the noise from the music stops at 2am anyway.

Have a great trip as i'm sure you will

Gilly

My recomendation for a value hotel - the Welcome Plaza

Excellent location. Perfectly locatated on 2nd rd across from Pattayaland 2. Close to the mall, Walking st., and baht bus close to everything else.

They have a huge pool, professional staff, and are guest friendly. I've stayed there every time in town for the last 11 trips over 5 years. The price has stayed the same - 650 baht for a walkin rate. Best value in town. And the location can't be beat.

Downside - the rooms are a bit older, but they are kept clean. But the real use for the room is only sleep, sex, and a place to keep my stuff.

Zeus

can't believe you guys have a problem crossing the street...

It's not that, but all the crazy cunts driving buses etc who, as soon as they see a falang head straight toward me. The cunt's.

Bigmike.

I have to agree with Big Mike.

I only cross Second Rd if I really have to. Its a pain in the bum.

UK Traveller, its your choice but I would avoid having to cross this road.

Cheers

Bazza

BigMike,

Where did you get a 990baht rate for Sandy Spring? Checking out the website....it says 1200-1550baht a night. I like the look of the hotel.....if it was in the 1000 I would try it.

Thx

To eddydb,

I walked into the Sandy Springs a few weeks ago and was quoted 990 B for a standard room which I understand overlooks the soi. I took a deluxe room which has a better view of the ocean and overlooks the pool. They cost 1200B.

You have to go in and ask.

Or you can book through the Scandi Bar. Heres their link

Scandibar

Cheers

Bazza

UK, here's some quick overview for you:

Pattaya is flat (but HOT), easy to walk all around Central Pattaya (N. Pattaya to S. Pattay between Beach and 2nd), or 10baht to catch a ride on the always present baht busses (which are pickup trucks with bench seats and a cover thrown over the back).

It is absolutely impossible to be far from the bar action :lovee :puke :D .

Walking Street is certainly one of the areas you will want to spend time at night, bars, shops, restaurants, Thai fighting, discos, and of course all the best gogos. But there are numerous other pockets of heavy action.

Check out the Soy7 (between 7/8 near beach) and Soy 2 (on 2nd) bars. If you like "sleazy" action, it's on Soy 6 and Soy Post Office (don't get lost in boys town

If you have never been to a soapy, you must go to one of the SabaiDee/Sabai-land massage palors (on 2nd and soy 2, across from the Big 'C').

Hotels:

The Soy 7/8 hotels (Eastiny, Flipper) fail your "not to noisy" request. They're right smack in the bar scene.

The nicer hotels around Soy 13 (Sandy Spring, Dynasty, Lek) are good, but may be outside your budget (always negotiate). It just depends.

You can stay across Soy 2, crossing isn't that bad (as long as you don't mind standing between two lanes of traffic , with bikes going diagonally and backwards). I like the Areca, but it may not go as low as 800B.

On the north side, Sabai Lodge (or 2nd choice Sabai Inn) is fine and 800 will definetly get you in (they have various assorted rooms, so look carefully). Bella Vista looked nice to me (new), 800 may or may not get you in. Mike's Beach Resort has old bathrooms, but rest is OK and is closer to beach than the rest.

Do not believe the published rates, ask for a quote and make an offer.

"but not looking to get laid every night "

That's easy to say now, but wait 'till a cutie has her hand down your shorts :P .

eddydb, Bazzap is right just ask, and if they won't come down to 990 baht just quote the Scandibar rates, they will match them or just book thru them. But without any bullshit it is a very good Hotel to stay at.

:chogdee

Bigmike.