Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 505 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

I am in the planning stages for a move to LOS, in Pattaya area.. Where could I send my 11yo to school? recommendations and advice on cost much appreciated?

Thanx...RD

hello there, i looked into this a while ago. its expensive methinks! anyway go to www.pattayaplaza.com and they have some info and web-sites (prices term-times etc!) on schools in the pattaya area.

I am in the planning stages for a move to LOS, in Pattaya area.. Where could I send my 11yo to school? recommendations and advice on cost much appreciated?

Thanx...RD

If its your company which is moving you, wouldn't their relocation people know about it. It would also be usual for them to pay for the very best as well in my experience.

I'm sorry I can't be more help but maybe these guys can:

http://www.pattayaexpatsclub.com/

http://www.premierinternational.com/areainfo.htm

http://www.pattayaplaza.com/expat/schools.htm

http://www.pattaya.com/pattayainfo/population/

I'll ask around but to be honest, I don't think I know too many expats with kids over here.

Not company relocation... paying ourselves! so vfm essential!

Davethailand.........how much per term? and is discount available for Thai. (she holds uk and thai pasport) I`ve read 25% is available to thai nationals at some schools....thanx Dave

RD

• 6 years later...

Beware of AKSORN SCHOOL in Soi Thepparsit as they still hit the children, sometime quite hard so that they come home with Eyes full of Tears. The Thai Parents usually say nothing about it and think it is o.k. But for me it is terrible to see that an old fashioned Teacher hit my Son . So we search for an other school now! I think theres not much different between Goverment Schools and Aksorn, so if you want that someone beat your Child and give an Bad Teaching advice then save the Money and send to Goverment School.

• Downvote 3

Last year a girl came home to the village proudly showing off her pattaya educated French farang child...my guess he was around 10 years old . He showed no respect to his Thai family and hadn't been taught the difference between confidence and arrogance..She asked me why I didn't send my step children there...I said I couldn't affod it and she left happy..

MRoll320

I can give you some information about one of the private schools here - but I think it is the most expensive.

My kids go to the Regent's which is possibly the most expensive school in the area (and I pay myself)

The curriculum is UK, which is useful if you are a Brit and may have to return at any time or put your kid into another Brit school or onto a University in the UK - academic standard is OK - but some of the parents feel is not quite good enough to justify the price.

The standard of other issues, like safety, nice environment for the kids, teachers from the UK, Australia, New Zealand etc, geared towards teachers with their own families - I don't think you see any of the Regents kids getting into a lot of trouble.

The downside is the cost - for an 11 year old is around 180,000 baht per term (so around 550,00 per year), and on top of that is uniform, extras like Music tuition., school trips etc.

The other downside is that although the teaching staff are good, the owner looks on this purely as a business which sometimes comes before the education when you talk to him - and has put off some high level (overseas royalty) parents.

There are other less costly schools providing an international or American curriculum (St Andrews, ISE), but I have no personal knowledge of them.

This may be out of you budget but if you need more information then PM me.

Crobe

Edited by crobe

MRoll320

I can give you some information about one of the private schools here - but I think it is the most expensive.

My kids go to the Regent's which is possibly the most expensive school in the area (and I pay myself)

The curriculum is UK, which is useful if you are a Brit and may have to return at any time or put your kid into another Brit school or onto a University in the UK - academic standard is OK - but some of the parents feel is not quite good enough to justify the price.

The standard of other issues, like safety, nice environment for the kids, teachers from the UK, Australia, New Zealand etc, geared towards teachers with their own families - I don't think you see any of the Regents kids getting into a lot of trouble.

The downside is the cost - for an 11 year old is around 180,000 baht per term (so around 550,00 per year), and on top of that is uniform, extras like Music tuition., school trips etc.

The other downside is that although the teaching staff are good, the owner looks on this purely as a business which sometimes comes before the education when you talk to him - and has put off some high level (overseas royalty) parents.

There are other less costly schools providing an international or American curriculum (St Andrews, ISE), but I have no personal knowledge of them.

This may be out of you budget but if you need more information then PM me.

Crobe

What school did you go to?

The OP was in 2005.

The 11 y/o is probably at University by now :banghead

• Downvote 2

He needed you nine and a half years ago, when he made the request.

EDIT Sorry Pappy, blew past your post to put this one.

Edited by joekicker
  • Downvote 1

I vote yes for Uksorn school, good old fashioned discipline is what a lot of kids these days need so desperately.

• Upvote 1

He needed you nine and a half years ago, when he made the request.

EDIT Sorry Pappy, blew past your post to put this one.

But maybe somebody else may want the information and do a search.......

But maybe somebody else may want the information and do a search.......

Yes, whether or not the OP is around to read the answers provided, others might be. :chogdee

• 2 weeks later...

There's a nice school in Baan Chang (excuse the spelling) called the Garden School which is not as dear as Regents and is run as an international school. Alternatively an excellent school in Sri Racha, about 30 minutes from Patts, is St Paul's convent. It's an all girl's school and the general standard is very high. It's a lot cheaper than most schools in Patts and has an association with Assumption college which again is an excellent school with a really high reputation throughout LOS.

Good luck

If its your company which is moving you, wouldn't their relocation people know about it. It would also be usual for them to pay for the very best as well in my experience.

I'm sorry I can't be more help but maybe these guys can:

http://www.pattayaexpatsclub.com/

http://www.premierinternational.com/areainfo.htm

http://www.pattayaplaza.com/expat/schools.htm

http://www.pattaya.com/pattayainfo/population/

I'll ask around but to be honest, I don't think I know too many expats with kids over here.

[/quot

I have a 2 yr. old son, you can buy ! He's white, farts n snore's when he's asleep, not housebroken !! 5555555

• 3 weeks later...

Thanx...RD

try Barupha (sp?) British style-45,000 bt my 9 yr old goes there and it teaches Thai and English subjects

Where you ultimately end up living may impact on that decision.

Getting the kid to and from a distant school 2xdaily may not be a chore you wish to undertake.

Many schools will provide a mini-bus pick up service but the cost seems to vary a lot.

Although the kid is probably old enough to drive himself now.