Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hey Hub,

did I hear you say you wanted to join the Bangladeshi team this year?

(As) American's we had some trouble with the shear arse of at least one opponent, now colourful Pattaya identiity, (course manaement - funny bastard as well !! ) but as part of the Bangladesh outfit we have less sophisticated ways of fixing such problems for the 2005 season.

I'll bring something to put in his Tetleys this year....... and I think his caddy will be one of the nice lads from Jenny Star bar which should keep him nervous for the full 18.

Doggy, that barfine bet we had........ lets call that for the test series as I didn't qualify if it was the tests or one day matches. As of tonight 1-1 in the tests, great game to, lucky England wasn't up against the might of Bangladesh given Australia almost went 2 up, so the form around Bangladesh is pretty solid at the moment.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys

The more the merrier for the RideHer Cup so you are both included in the event. You are also very welcome to join any of the other golfing and non-golfing activities we will be organising in November. Please PM me with your regular email address and your shirt size. Our antipodean friends will be invited to join one or other of the teams depending on numbers. Come to think of it, maybe we have enough Kiwis and Aussies to arrange a 3 cornered international challenge on one of the golf days - Australasia vs Europe vs USA!!.

Welcome aboard!

Taxi

I am happy to have a barfine on the result of the Ashes series. If it is drawn, no bet. I don't want any argument about retention on a technicality constituting a win!

Doggie

Doggie,

a "tri nations" event would be good.....if we had the numbers, maybe a Southern Hemisphere team if we're struggling !!

Not expecting any retention issues in the test match, but point taken. Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Hub,

did I hear you say you wanted to join the Bangladeshi team this year?

Taxi:

Sign me up and if we have some of those colorful hats representative of the Bangledeshi region I promise not to wear it backward. :chogdee2

Hub

You just want a bloody big hat to help keep your beer cold !! I'm bringing my clubs this year......... anything could happen !!

Softrabbit

Good news about your tickets. I will make sure you are entered for the Catz Open as well.

I am planning to organise a few additional golf days that I will post as a new topic on the forum. Here's the plan as it currently stands, including the additional golf days:

November 1st

The golfers that are in town meet up early evening for a drink and I can run through the golf programme before we go out on a bit of a prowl.

November 2nd

A friendly warm-up round at Phoenix - the venue for the RideHer Cup. If there are enough players interested, I can arrange for our golf professional to join us and run a clinic before the round. He would then move around the groups offering a bit of coaching. We have to be careful because he is an American!

November 4th

Catz Open at Khao Kheow. Individual stableford competition. Details to follow.

November 6th

Launch party for the RideHer Cup in the evening

November 7th

The RideHer Cup at Phoenix followed by RideHer Cup party.

November 9th

The Pattaya International Texas Scramble at Burapha. Some of you call it an ambrose. Teams of 3 players per team representing the various countries and regions will compete in this international event. More info to follow - I will post this on the board and you guys can form your teams. If you don't get invited into a team we will draw the additional teams on the morning of the competition.

November 10th

I have booked tee times at Eastern Star. I suggest a friendly skins game in fourballs followed by a foreskins game in Bang Chang on the return trip. Softrabbit - you can look up your old friend! :D 2guns

I will arrange transport for each of the golf days and I will post this programme in another topic so that players can let me know rough numbers in advance.

I know some players would also like to play Laem Chabang. If there is enough interest I can book some tee times for Saturday 12th. Similarly, if some of you are in town before the 2nd and looking for a game, I should be around from 29th October and I will be happy to sort something out.

Should be a fun few weeks!

Doggie

Edited by doghaus

Dodgy

The programme sounds great - count me in for all the events.

I would like to join the England team for the texas scramble. I like that game because the other players in the team can do all the work! I see there are a lot of English guys in the RideHer Cup so I would like to be the captain of a 3 man English team. I invite Deuce and Pieman to be in my team. See you on the first tee.

Let's stick it up that bastard dodgy and the other sweaties! :chogdee2

I like the sounds of the skins game - who wants to play me for a few hundred baht?

See you all on 1st November. I will be bringing my Thai girlfriend if that's all right.

English

Deuce,

Beware or I will be forced to use my secret weapon 2guns for the good of the American team <grin . You had the luck of only partial exposure to it from a distance last year :moon :rolleyes: :cry1 .

Cheers :beer :beer ,

BigKev

Deuce

Replace the tart with a bottle of Cuban Gold and that cartoon looks remarkably like my old partner D'Artagnan. Two to the rake and then sink a downhill 12 footer for the birdie and the half!

Doggie

Duece,

Very clever :D

Not sure how you produce these but I think you need to check the software magnification. Certain parts of the anatomy bear no resemblance. :clap2

:unsure:

Still only one official entry for the Texas scramble event - Duece, English and Pieman. They will be hard to toss particularly if English is the scorer. :ang2

Fair chance that after the cricket tonight there may be a second official entry from the Bangladesh team although this may leave the Aussies a little short. :cry1

:chogdee2

• 2 weeks later...

Keep me posted, I will be in Pattaya the full month of November and am looking forward to 5 days of golf per week. (recharge the old batteries on the weekend) I have a honest 36 handcap with PSC but trying to bring that down. Undortunately my recent scores of 120 & 121 are lower than my first scores of 135 and 136, but did little to reduce my handicap.

Of course those guys play for blood not for fun as I usually do with my friends in Hawaii. We play Bingo, Bango, Bongo and keep a running total all year long and I am in the lead, of course the leader has to pay the most for our annual tournament so I don't think I am really winning a lot.

I want to join in all the pre and post tournament games that you have a open slot and maybe I can put together a group of 3 to represent the "Kingdom of Hawaii."

PS, I hope I don't have to wear a skirt for all of the non tournament matches also.

See you in November. My phone starting Oct 10 in LOS is 07-TAX-MUCH.