Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

First time I will be in Pattaya in a few days. I'm still in awe at the scene in Bangkok and haven't come to my senses yet. I've read good things about the queen vic, but only one review on BJ. Anyone else besides that one reviewer can give more insight/info??

Also, what is the most stress free and/or quickest way(less than 2.5 hours) to get there from bangkok?

thanks to all as your T.R.'s and info have been of GREAT assistance on my trip in bangkok so far!

private taxi, make sure the driver understands pay the tollway 1.5 hours in non traffic time.

Don't forget to tell the driver too slow the fuck down either. Some of the maniacs can be very dangerous on the drive to Pattaya.

Take it slow, stop for a beer and buy the driver dinner, get to Pattaya in one piece and the rest is all downhill!

Where are you staying in BKK?

At the end of Sukhumvit, Soi 11, on the West side of the street are two buidlings perpendicular to the street and facing each other with a parking lot in between. "The Bed" restaurant/bar is across the street. In front of the building on the north side of the parking lot are usually a few relatively new Volvos and a sign advertising taxi service to the airport, Pattaya, etc. 1,000 THB, one way. Excellent service. You can also arrange to have them pick up up and take you back to BKK or directly to the airport.

Don't forget to tell the driver too slow the fuck down either. Some of the maniacs can be very dangerous on the drive to Pattaya.

what the fuck!!!

I tell driver 200bt tip if you can get there in less than 90mns.

had one guy in a Volvo at 0200 do it in 80mns, gave him 300bt tip.

Take the Queen Vics rooms, newer and better furnished

Now I'll concede the Vic has a great restaurant, the propr has been around a long time and the furnishings may be better.

But considering the BJ Holiday Lodge is new and has been open for barely two months, how the HECK could the Vic be newer? They renovated about a year or so ago as I recall...?

Soi 3 is a much quieter location and you can get in and out of there with a TG and few will notice it. QV's location dictates that you will be running the gauntlet of Soi 6 with Miss Right-for-Tonight and a few hundred girls will notice each nightly change. As long as you aren't planning a liason with any of the ladies upstream from the hotel, all well and good. But the ladies (and ladyboys!) of Soi Six aren't known for their tact or good manners & there will be the ocassional heckler in the crowd.

Fortunately Soi 3 will never become a fashionable location and I'm glad of that! :clueless

~Sa-teef

The BJ Guesthouse, Restaurant & Bar has a website. I found it on Google a while back.

The hotel doesn't have a website yet, but the e-mail address is listed in the hotel review section.

Vikingfan is me BTW, from a prior life on here. Never got around to changing it.....

~Sa-teef

Edited by Sa-teef
what the fuck!!!

I tell driver BTU tip if you can get there in less than 90mns.

Brilliant. Pay the driver to drive like a maniac, danger to himself, you and other drivers so YOU and it's all about YOU can get to Pattaya a few minutes earlier. Simply brilliant.

Back in the day when I was driving a truck in Philly, I would see guys like you all the time, off the side of the road. Car smashed, ambulance waiting to take the guy to the hospital or morgue all because he wanted to save a few minutes.

BigDUSA

Driver of the month

25 years accident free driving

The BJ Guesthouse, Restaurant & Bar has a website. I found it on Google a while back.

The hotel doesn't have a website yet, but the e-mail address is listed in the hotel review section.

Vikingfan is me BTW, from a prior life on here. Never got around to changing it.....

~Sa-teef

Thanks Sateef,

BJ is a friend of mine from when I lived in Pattaya and I've stayed at the guesthouse.

I knew he was building a new hotel, but I couldn't get in contact with him before my last trip. I will try the email in the review section.

I'm a Colts fan myself. :angry:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I think there are two BJ hotels in Pattaya. One is brand new(The BJ Holiday)and is on Soi 3 and the other one(BJ Guesthouse) has been around for ages and is on Beach in North Pattaya. I saw some pictures of the new one on another board and it looked REAL nice. the person who posted said they paid 600 a night. Looks like a deal.

<laugh

oyster

Edited by prairieoyster
  • 3 weeks later...

No, they still don't have a website, but the review page lists their e-mail address.

I'm also told by a friend he is quoting 800/900 baht per day. the 600 baht was given during the first 30 days they were open and when I prepaid by the week.

~Sa-teef

I'm also told by a friend he is quoting 800/900 baht per day

This is the price Emil and I were Quoted when we went to have a look But it is a great location !!

Hi,

Stayed at the QV for the last three years, great

Staying there for six months from Sept. 13500 per month which i think is great.

Would recommend the QV or Lord Nelson to anyone. No pool but why pay 700B extra just for a pool.

Cheers Doug 34 days to go. :D :D :P

Just got an email saying they were all booked up for my arrival date in November. How could a brand new hotel be all booked up for November? My guess is maybe they rented a big block of rooms to peiople invoved in the Asian Games being held that week.

Still searching for the perfect 1000 baht Pattaya hotel. Used to stay at the Welkom Inn but there's really only one room I like there and they don't have in-room safes.

Just got an email saying they were all booked up for my arrival date in November. How could a brand new hotel be all booked up for November? My guess is maybe they rented a big block of rooms to peiople invoved in the Asian Games being held that week.

Still searching for the perfect 1000 baht Pattaya hotel. Used to stay at the Welkom Inn but there's really only one room I like there and they don't have in-room safes.

Partyanimal,

There is a new joint that is nearing completion on Soi 5, remind me next month when I'm back in Pattaya and walking with Soi 7 to check out its status and price. Mike's Orchid should also be finished soon but could exceed your 1000 budget. Also the Beachview's renovation next to the Markland should be finished soon.

I'm arriving in Pattaya August 27th for 21 days. Have narrowed my choice of hotel down to either the new BJ Holiday for 800B night, no view, or The Sunshine Vista 900Bnight but special promo stay 7 pay for 6 = 750B night. During all of my previous visits I'd stay at the Beachview but they are still in the midst of this neverending renovation. Hope to see some of you guys at the FLB for a beer (or 10)

BJ made me an offer about a month ago of any room in the place(that wasn't already full!) for 20k for the month. that's still 667 baht per day, and you could certainly do better for that length of stay at numerous locations.

That being said, there are many pluses for the place as well. New, great location right on the Beach Rd end of Soi 3, electronic aircon and fan, in-room electronic safe, nice pool and a staff that speaks very good english. Girl friendly to the max, but takes and LOGS-IN and OUT the ladies' id's. The staff in this modest size (50-60 rooms I think) hotel got to know me in a few days and I always enjoyed my interactions with them. They kept things very clean and it would be noticable if they didn't since it was new. The manager resolved one small issue I had that same day. And their breakfast, while limited, was very pleasant out on the sheltered but open air dining room.

It's small enough that it quickly feels like home.

It's not a luxurious hotel, but they have some nice teakwood carvings and treatments in the public areas:

87A0102.JPG

I'll report back next week and see what kind of deal I can wrangle with them for a one month stay in person.

~Sa-teef

Edited by Sa-teef
The staff in this modest size (50-60 rooms I think) hotel got to know me in a few days and I always enjoyed my interactions with them.

Sa-teef, I think you're right on about the benefits of a friendly staff when you're onn vacation.For part of my last trip, I stayed at the Whire Rose, the one on Soiyensabai, and while they were never actually rude, they didn't make me feel as if I were a valued customer.

Is the Sunshimne Vista directly next to the Welkom Inn, accross the street from the Welkom Inn, or sown the soi? Saw apool on the website but the serviced apartment next to the Welkom Inn didn't look like it had a pool.

The Sunshine is not quite directly across the Soi form the Welcome Inn. Soi 7 and I talked to the TG who is either the manager or owner daughter of the BJ. Great English skills, I believe she said she went to school in Houston.

what the fuck!!!

I tell driver 200bt tip if you can get there in less than 90mns.

And pray what fantastic thing did you do with this extra 10 minutes that was worth risking your life for??? :clueless