Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Does Pattaya have a beach?

• 2 weeks later...
Bunple, the best beaches are on the islands and the most accessible one is Koh Larn. You can catch a ferry for 20 baht or charter a speed boat for about 1500. A speed boat takes about 15-20 minutes, the ferry 30-40.

:chogdee2

Hey bros,

I was in Pattaya recently and didnt know this ferry service existed. I mainly went to Pattaya beach and once to Jomtien( it was ok--not great)

Where exactly do U catch this ferry service for 20b?

and since never been to Koh Larn, dont know how big the island is , so do U need transport once on isle to get around or everything is walking distance?

Thanks

PT

Hey bros,

I was in Pattaya recently and didnt know this ferry service existed. I mainly went to Pattaya beach and once to Jomtien( it was ok--not great)

Where exactly do U catch this ferry service for 20b?

and since never been to Koh Larn, dont know how big the island is , so do U need transport once on isle to get around or everything is walking distance?

Thanks

PT

At first I was going to give you a hard time about not reading the board as I post dates on this board about getting together with other boardmembers on trips over to Koh Larn on the ferry. Then I noticed that your only registered and not a member so you don't have access to the members area, why not become a member?

Anyway the island is about 2ks by 5ks at it widest part. The ferry departs from the new pier (far end of Walking St) about 6 times a day. When you arrive at the island there are motorbike taxis and baht buses there to take you to the beach of choice (about 6). I've only taken the baht buses and the cost is 30 baht each way, if your in a group you can get it for 250baht each way maybe lower if you want to haggle.

Let me get this right, you can take the Baht bus to Walking street and not see the beach , you can spend all your time in various sois and still have no idea were the beach is :clueless .

And you have been to Pattaya 3 times ?, yeh right :grin

I am assuming that you must have some idea that there is a beach in Pattaya. As I would assume you know there are airplanes at the airport. You have been there 3 times and you are now asking about prices for an unbrella and if there is a beach and chair on Pattaya beach? Keep on keeping on. Dude my only questions to you are what guide book or travel agency did you use and why did you choose Pattaya. :hairout

• 2 weeks later...

2ft wide strip!!

DSCF0148.jpg

:rolleyes:

It's still a pretty dumb question

ffs .... does pattaya have a beach is a bit like saying does Walking Street attract stunning girls :D

kind regards and just my opinion

As far as I have seen Pattaya doesnt have a beach. It has a place where the beach used to be but that is now full of deckchairs and vendors. Even Jomtien is going the same way. As the tide often comes very close to the sea wall in both areas there is not much space for a beach. I dont consider long expanses of umbrellas and deckchairs with very little exposed sand to be a beach. The authorities really need to sort it out not long ago Jomtien in paritcular was quiet nice now, no cance. If you want beach go to Koh Samui or Phuket.

Bungle

from one aussie to another , I seriously dont think you should venture into the water at pattaya beach, I think you will be disappointed with jomtein beach, both also have way too many hawkers, Koh Larn is Ok, but is a day trip destination.

my advise is too use your Hotel pool and stay health.

• 2 weeks later...