Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Bringing Animals to Thailand

I am retiring to Thailand. I would like to bring my cats. Has anyone brought their animals into Thailand and what is involved. I would rather not have to quarantine them and if that is the case, I would find them a home in the USA.

If I can bring them to the Kingdom that would be ideal. I will be coming in on a non-immigrant B visa - I am not yet 50.

Find them a new home. The dogs are always hungry for a feed in LOS.

Actually come to think of it never seen a cat in LOS. :clap2 :nod

Kev

Edited by Kev
Actually come to think of it never seen a cat in LOS. 

Hi,

Loads of them relax on the roof's of Nana Plaza. Maybe the reason they stay there is to avoid the soi dogs. 2guns

Also had a pet Gheko that lived inside with us. Spent most of his time in the bathroom.

Hi,

Love watching the gheko's, usually keep the mozzzies at bay when you are near the ocean.

I nearly brought my cat with me to Pattaya last August 3rd after getting a retirement visa and planning on moving here permanently. First off, transporting her here would have cost me over $200.00 on Eva airlines. Second was the matter of shots. I took her to a vet for two barrages of shots which set me back over $100.00. But so far she was going. Then a problem surfaced with the U.S. airlines. The cat would have to go by air from St. Louis to San Francisco. I had to cancel my domestic flight because of an indefinite heat advisory. Animals could not go in the cargo hold because of the heat and they couldn't go in the passenger compartment either. So I switched to a different airline. However, I would have to transport the cat in a small plastic cat carrier that could only be something like 14 inches long. I could just imagine the cat having virtually no room whatsoever in that small container for the 4 hour flight from St. Louis to SF, waiting for hours between flights at St. Louis, SF, and Taipei, the 4 hour flight between Taipei and Bangkok and the 13-14 hour flight from SF to Taipei. She'd be crapping all over herself, lying in her excrement, etc.

And then what really happens to her when I finally arrive at the Bangkok airport? Will she be quarantined. I was informed there would really be no problems, but would there really? And what about airport policy in Taiwan? One might be told one thing but actually experience something else entirely including the cat remaining behind while I made my flights.

I hated giving my cat up who had been the most loyal pet I ever had. But a very good friend offered to take care of her for me. Amazingly she's gotten along very well in her new home.

We went to dinner in Jomtien Beach last week, and at least 10 cats were there competing for the food - All over the chairs, etc. Very annoyning...

What were you eating???

:thumbup :banghead