Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Thanks for the quick reply.

Any idea about if there is a second joiner fee?

I stayed there last year and bought back 2 sometimes 3 girls not an issue no joiner fee. Nice place Small pool enjoy. :bigsmile:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tried to book at LK Metropole with the "FLB rate" for my November/December trip, but got this response:

"Thank you very much for yor interested LK Metropole. Kindly informed that FLB rate will be expire 30th September 2007 we will issue new rate for you as soon as possible."

This is a little bit sad since I've used this excellent offer twice earlier this year and been really happy with the hotel and location.

I tried to book at LK Metropole with the "FLB rate" for my November/December trip, but got this response:

"Thank you very much for yor interested LK Metropole. Kindly informed that FLB rate will be expire 30th September 2007 we will issue new rate for you as soon as possible."

This is a little bit sad since I've used this excellent offer twice earlier this year and been really happy with the hotel and location.

News to me. I will check into it. I do know that one BM booked with the FLB rate in October already, so it's a very recent change. We might be taking up too many of their rooms now :D

Thank you MM.

They do not have 1 BR suite nor superior room availabe for the month I plan to stay (mid Nov - mid Dec), but they will check with LK Royal Suites. Not sure if this is a good alternative... I guess a studio or standard room is more than good enough, if they still give a ok rate for a months stay. Looks like their prices expire on 30/9 and 31/10.

Since I need more or less permanent internet access I also hope they can provide me with a better deal than the 1000bath/50hour they are charging at the moment.

Any similiar hotels anyone can reccomend, where they have ok 1 month deals?

Just a couple of things I think have changed in LK Metropole that I think some may find strange:

We are not to confirm room in case didn't get 50% deposit from our clients and will be keep room as soon as possible sir.

This is news to me. For longer stays I think this really makes no sense. I've never heard about a 50% deposit before for booking a room, there should at least be a upper limit!

Cancellation / jAmendment / No Show Charge

The company shall notify the hotel in writing of any cancellation prior to the "Minmum notices"

More than 15 days prior to arrival No charge

less than 15 days prior to arrival 50% of full duration charge

No Show Full duration of booking will be charged.

50% charge for cancellation less than 15 days before arrival sounds much to me.

For me these new conditions isn't a big deal, but would like people to know them since they obviously have changed them since my last 2 visits.

I still hope to stay at this hotel :allright

I stayed at the LK Metropole for about 10 days in Feb/March 2007.

I stayed in what I think they called a Superior(?) room on the third floor.

It seems to me that the place has gotten a good deal of new business recently and their newly enacted policies seem to reflect the interests of the management. Namely to take in money, while spending not much money in the improvement of facilities.

Make no mistake, this is by no means a luxury hotel. It is fairly new, which helps the charade, but the patina of newness is beginning to wear thin. As it is the most prominent building on the street, save for the Areca, I can understand people thinking it an oasis in the middle of a rather non-descript portion of Soi Diana, but it isn't exactly the Ritz-Carlton. Being the biggest/tallest/nicest/whatver building on Soi Diana is not saying much in the grand scheme of things.

Walking into the lobby, the hotel's ethos is somewhere between middle-class Liberace meets faux Louis XVI, namely two steps past overblown, so either they are trying too hard, or not hard enough... A glass of appropriately artifical orange juice is provided at check in. A thoughtful touch.

The interior of the elevator cab is covered in a garish vinyl print of a pastoral scene. Quite vexing after a night's bacchanals. I choose the stairs thereafter unless my girl objects. Only mild judgment and titters from the civilian-pretty front desk girls at my parade of flesh over the course of my stay. No joiners fees though.

There were several problems with my particular room.

My shower head mount was defective from day one, never repaired by staff, despite my requests. Rather than letting it swing back and forth like a pendulum, keeping time with water pulsing lackadaisically through the long flexible coil, I elected to fix it myself after the third day. I borrowed a screwdriver from the maintenance people in the garage and fixed it to the best of my abilities. Lacking grout and spackle, I could not do the repair correctly, but that is not, and should not be, my problem. In their defense, I believe the maids tried to fix it after I first reported the problem to the front desk, but being all of 4 feet and change, I don't believe they could really reach the mount to begin with. On the second day, I found it taken off the wall entirely, and sitting on a corner of the tub. Given that on day three it was still down, that was when I did the work myself.

The veneer of the laminate floors in the rooms is beginning to wear down. Not being real wood, this is to be expected, but again, suggests that a refinishing of the rooms is in order to justify a price hike.

The fitness center is marginal at best; as are the adjoining sauna facilities. Towels were often not available for large portions of the day. They could benefit from re-upping on new towels throughout the hotel as they are not as plush as they could or should be.

The pool is tiny and located right by the front entrance. Forget doing any swimming as a workout. You might have to do two hundred thousand laps to get a mile out of your swim.

Internet? Sometimes; but never when you need it.

Bottom line... Would I stay there again?

Yes. But only if the price was right. And the price is no longer right. The hotel has seen better days.

While the rooms are fairly clean, looked after by fairly intelligent housekeeping, and contain ample furniture of somewhat suspect design and decent quality, there are newer hotels that offer better amenities and friendlier policies for travelers such as us for less money.

And despite what anyone says, Pattaya is simply not that big, so despite the convenience of location, I will stay elsewhere on my next trip. I had inquired with them for my next stay, gotten a bit of a run around then some talk of prepaid deposits, and penalties for this and that, and at that point decided I was better off trying someplace new.

I hope that this helps other members determine if LK Metropole is a good fit for them.

I got feedback from the hotel today. I still get the old FLB rate. They did not have the rooms I requested (1BR Suite or Superior), but I setteled for a Stuido room for 36000 for 1 month.

46sqm with ok standard for 36000 bath for my 1 month stays seems to be a good offer. 1200bath/day is at least a good price compared to the 3000bath/day price they have as a daily rate on their webpage.

I have to admit I would never accepted the terms they demand now unless I have had 2 visits earlier this year. They now charge my 18000bath today, and if I cancell less than 15 days before my arrival they will charge the whole 36000 bath. If this was a unknow hotel in Pattaya I would never book under those terms.

I do not want to seem very negative towards this hotel, since I've had very good stays and the overall impression is good. BUT I have a slight feeling the previous poster is right about the decay. I had similar problems during my July stay. Problems with the shower head, hard to get correct hot water, spotted some ants in the bathroom. All minor problems, but I did not have them on my first stay in this hotel.

Will update you in 3 months when I get to Pattaya <grin

Again thanks to this board for getting us this deal. :devil

I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite the last 10 days of July this year. It was my 2nd visit here and I have a reservation for the same suite in December.

This 2nd visit left me feeling somewhat empty about LK Metropole. Much of what lajimmy said rang true for me.

What I liked best about the room was the balcony - plenty of room and decent chairs, table and pool view.

What I like least was the constant lack of water pressure throughout and the frequent lack of sufficient hot water. Additionally, for as much room as there is in the suite, the sofa could and should be far longer than what is provided. It is closer to being a love seat than a sofa - very challenging to lie in comfortably.

I will likely cancel my reservation for December and instead plan on returning to Soi 13.

The hotel is in the process of "re-doing" the FLB rates. I asked them if they were lowering them, and they didn't seem to give me an affirmative response...sort of non-committal, but close to "Are you crazy?".

I'll post the new rates when they give them to me.

By the way, I agree with many of the critical reviews. The place has problems...but it's been home to me for over 2 years, god knows why.

Here are the new rates at the LK Metropole for people who register for the FLB Corporate Rate. It seems a few room rates have gone down and the others have gone up by just a small amount.

The columns marked TARIFF are the standard rates that will appear on their website. The yellow highlighted columns are the FLB (corporate) rates. The final column should is the rate for 6+ months.

lk_metro_rates.jpg

Hi

Going to Pattaya in September (don’t know exactly date 14-15 I think)

Can I just walk in and ask for the for the FLB Corporate Rate ? or do I have to book it over the net?

I don’t like to use card over the net so.

Or is it OK to just call and check availability the day before arrival and book over the phone with FLB rate ?

JBG

Hi

Going to Pattaya in September (don’t know exactly date 14-15 I think)

Can I just walk in and ask for the for the FLB Corporate Rate ? or do I have to book it over the net?

I don’t like to use card over the net so.

Or is it OK to just call and check availability the day before arrival and book over the phone with FLB rate ?

JBG

Last April was my 1st stay there. I simply walked up in the middle of the afternoon and asked to see their various rooms. I chose the 1 bedroom suite. While filling out the paper work I asked if I could get the FLB rate. After about 5 minutes of their talking amongst themselves they said fine.

• 2 weeks later...

well, it looks like my internet access was not cut off after 50 hours after first log in as indicated on the card that I purchased. I apologzie for spreading misinformation.

-Bambu

Edited by bambu

bambu

I nearly choked on my dinner when I read that - I mean I do believe you obviously but it seems incredible - you just could not make it up :D

That would be an extra 15000 baht a month on top of your monthly rent <grin

Or the monthly rent of 5 decent rooms for 5 BG's.

Complete madness - I'd tell them 2 stick it where the sun don't shine - they are treating you with no respect + assuming your stupid.

Check out, telling them why.

Edited by ben99
I checked into the LK Metropole yesterday for a one month stay. While my one bedroom suite is very nice I am very angry with the outrageous internet use pricing at the hotel. It is so bad, that tomorrow I am going to have a talk with the management and threaten to leave if something is not done.

I bought a 50 hour internet card for 1000 Baht, thinking that I could use the time whenever I wanted. As it turns out, the 50 hour card expires 50 hours after first log in! Charging hotel guests for internet access is lame in my book, but forcing people to purchase new cards every two days at 60 USD a pop is just ridiculous! :hijack

Does anyone know of any other nice 1 bedroom options in Pattaya? :D

-Bambu

Are you sure you're logging out when you've finished surfing?

Ben99,

I intend to discuss this issue with them today. When I checked in I asked at the desk if I could purchase unlimited access, but they said that they only offer these cards now. As ridiculous as it seems, their pricing is 1000 Baht per two days. Outrageous to say the least…

In Bangkok, I was staying at the Majestic Suites and they have the same deal, but you have 1 week to use 100 hours at 1000 Baht per week. That still pissed me off, but since I was only there for 10 days I just went with it. Given how long I am staying at this hotel the pricing is harder to swallow.

Knortyboy,

I am certain I am logging out. On the time tracker page there is a section entitled "Valid Till". To the right is the validity period for my remaining time (1 Day:20 Hours:59 Minutes:58 Seconds). The validity period is 2007-09-06 01:14:45. After this time, all of my remaining time will expire.

In addition, on the 50 hour card it states:

" This card is valid for internet access via 1 computer only. Unused connection time is not valid after 50 hours from the first time you log in.

Given the above facts, I can only assume that my card will no longer work come September 6th @ 1:14 AM.

If I wasn't so rearing to go after my 2 hour taxi ride maybe I would've taken a closer look at the details of the internet use contract. I will discuss options with the manager today. Hopefully, we will be able to work something out. However, given that I had to pay a month in advance I am a little worried about the outcome. Even though I am entitled to a prorated refund of my advance payment as per emails I have received from the hotel, I am a little leery of the whole situation.

Wish me luck :D

Bambu out

Sorry to hear they are killing the goose with this penny-ante internet crap. I've told them it's a problem, but they think a 1000b here and there is better than good customer relations.

Sorry for your problems. I'll take it up with them (again), but don't hold out any hope of changing their attitude.

• 2 months later...
can you book the monthly rate and just check out after 3 weeks?

everytime i've stayed their on a monthly rate you have had to pay for the month up front when you check in. cant imagine them giving you a refund if you check out after 3 weeks.

I stayed in the Metropole for 13 nights last month and it was great.

I contacted them via e-mail requesting the FLB rate and received a reply a few days later from 'Chokita' with an enclosed attachment of a form to fill out with my details and fax back to them to confirm my reservation and payment of 2000 thb deposit.

Easy as that.

I've now been trying to book again for next February and after over 4 weeks and 6 e-mails from 'Jad', some of which don't make much sense, I'm no further forward. :banghead

All I've managed to find out is that the superior rooms have gone up from 2000 thb to 2240 thb which 'Keeper' had already informed us of and that not all the rooms are available using the FLB rate and also that the 2240 thb only included one breakfast. If I had a guest who wanted breakfast it was another 100 thb.

Jad originally told me that they would require 14000 thb to secure my booking but 2 e-mails later this had risen to 15000 thb.

The latest e-mail I've received is asking me for my fax number so they can fax me a form instead of e-mailing it which I don't have, as I fax straight from my PC.

I'd really like to stay there again because I like the area and the hotel itself, and whilst not perfect suited me well. However, I've already started looking for an alternative because I've lost patience and confidence and have visions of payment of 14 or 15 thousand baht being taken from my card and then arriving to find I don't have a room.

Hopefully I'm wrong and it's just a change of staff has caused this confusion and the hotel is still up to a good standard but I'm not sure I'm prepared to take the chance.

I'll give 'Jad' one more try and if I can get it sorted all well and good, if not I'll try somewhere else.

Anybody staying there now have any problems?

25/11/07. - UPDATE.

Received another e-mail from 'Jad' who says that she is in Singapore now and will deal with my reservation when she returns to Thailand on the 28th November.

We'll see. :unsure: :moon

Edited by knortyboy

Good luck if you ever have reason to cancel a reservation (with more than 2 months notice) and actually receiving the deposit back (5,000 baht by credit card).

After several attempts and communications, some not always so understandable, they said that they have processed the refund but that the bank of thailand has not done their thing and Metropole doesn't know when they will. After waiting 5 weeks now, me thinks that refunds are not part of the program. Maybe if and when the $US somehow recovers some day.