Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

For those of you who want to live somewhat luxuriously for your stay in Pattaya, you can book at the LK Metropole at a reduced rate by asking for the "FLB Rate". It's still a pricey hotel, and not for the budget traveller, but many board members have and are staying there. So, I thought, why not see if we can get a discount based on our combined patronage?

For some reason, I couldn't get a break on weekly rates, so they are not shown below. But the daily rate is discounted about 25% and the monthly rate is discounted about 10%. These rates do not include breakfast, but the majority of us are seldom up for breakfast anyway.

The FLB rates are as follows:

Room Type.....Sqm.........Daily........Monthly

Standard.........36..........1800..........33000

Studio.............46..........2000..........36000

Superior..........56..........2200..........42000

1 BR Suite.......72..........3000..........48000

Deluxe Suite....168........5900..........72000

To see the current published rates, go to LK Metropole rates

To make a reservation, you can use their booking form at LK Metropole Reservations. In the "Other Requirements" area, say "I am requesting the FLB rate" (and also specify the rate as shown in this post, just be be clear).

I hope those of you who were considering the LK Metropole, or similarly outfitted lodgings, can save a bit on your hotel costs and use it for other purposes.

Enjoy! :chogdee2

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those of you who want to live somewhat luxuriously for your stay in Pattaya, you can book at the LK Metropole at a reduced rate by asking for the "FLB Rate". It's still a pricey hotel, and not for the budget traveller, but many board members have and are staying there. So, I thought, why not see if we can get a discount based on our combined patronage?

For some reason, I couldn't get a break on weekly rates, so they are not shown below. But the daily rate is discounted about 25% and the monthly rate is discounted about 10%. These rates do not include breakfast, but the majority of us are seldom up for breakfast anyway.

The FLB rates are as follows:

Room Type.....Sqm.........Daily........Monthly

Standard.........36..........1800..........33000

Studio.............46..........2000..........36000

Superior..........56..........2200..........42000

1 BR Suite.......72..........3000..........48000

Deluxe Suite....168........5900..........72000

To see the current published rates, go to LK Metropole rates

To make a reservation, you can use their booking form at LK Metropole Reservations. In the "Other Requirements" area, say "I am requesting the FLB rate" (and also specify the rate as shown in this post, just be be clear).

I hope those of you who were considering the LK Metropole, or similarly outfitted lodgings, can save a bit on your hotel costs and use it for other purposes.

Enjoy! :llaugh

This looks exactly like what i am looking for.

i am trying to decide now if i should get a condo in cm or pattaya.

and which place should i go to first.

this flb bar is so kind and professional, i'd love to have a party just because of how kind you guys are .. i really want to have some top shelf gals for the party and it's something i am thinking a LOT about.

i know i sound like a stick in the mud to me too, but i seem to be serious about this.

i don't know what quality of gals are available, or how to do what i want to do, as i have never done this before, i just want to do it for the first time ever.

Thanks for setting this up! I have stayed at the Areca Lodge that is nearby a few times and I like this area. I walked through the LK Metropole and it's looks nice. I had heard rumours that it was not guest friendly, but since they have your endorsement, must be no problem.

For the monthly rates, if you eat their breakfast, there is not much of a cost break, but it is nice to have the option. That is one thing that I like about the Areca. Free breakfast for you and your girlfriend. But if you most often sleep in, why not save a few baht.

LK Metropole also offers lower prices for stays of 2 months or longer. But "Water supply charge 25 Baht per unit and Electricity charge 7 Baht per unit " for these long term stays only. Does anyone have any idea how many baht this would amount to?

These rates do not include breakfast, but the majority of us are seldom up for breakfast anyway

Cola - not that it matters much - but you will have to pay for that breakfast :beer

Always nice with a discount - but I'd probably pick the RG just the same :D

Great stuff & tx for the effort !!!!!!

I was looking at the LK Mansion, seemed good.....but that seems to be

another LK "unit" apparently...........................unfortunately....!

Anyone stayed at the LK Mansion before ???? All input greatly appreciated !!!

Jay

That is a nice touch, thanks.

I have been at LK for my last couple of trips. The rooms are great and the girls are impressed by them.

I like the gym which is great for a work out before hitting town on a night.

Thanks Martin for this :)

Thanks much Martin. The rooms and general facility looked very nice when I stopped in a few months ago. By the way, are you still staying at LK Metropole?

What would you say is the downside, if any, of staying there? I am currently arranging my stays in a suite at the Whitehouse for about the same $.

Thanks and see you again in 5 1/2 weeks.

Jon from Denver

If you go to atsiam.com, you can get the following rates until late october with taxes and breakfast included.

Standard 1750

Studio 1950

Superior 2200

Suite 2700

The biggest break at atsiam comes with the free BF and taxes and the Suite.

Thanks for setting this up! I have stayed at the Areca Lodge that is nearby a few times and I like this area. I walked through the LK Metropole and it's looks nice. I had heard rumours that it was not guest friendly, but since they have your endorsement, must be no problem.

For the monthly rates, if you eat their breakfast, there is not much of a cost break, but it is nice to have the option. That is one thing that I like about the Areca. Free breakfast for you and your girlfriend. But if you most often sleep in, why not save a few baht.

LK Metropole also offers lower prices for stays of 2 months or longer. But "Water supply charge 25 Baht per unit and Electricity charge 7 Baht per unit " for these long term stays only. Does anyone have any idea how many baht this would amount to?

Electricity costs for a private residence average out at about 3.5 baht per unit...so they could lock the ACs in the on position and give the room rent free!" :D

If you go to atsiam.com, you can get the following rates until late october with taxes and breakfast included.

Standard 1750

Studio 1950

Superior 2200

Suite 2700

The biggest break at atsiam comes with the free BF and taxes and the Suite.

It might be true that if you book with a booking agency such as atsiam, that the discount is higher. I think you might also have to pay for your entire stay in advance through them, but I'm not sure. That's not the case with this special rate.

I essentially requested a booking agency rate, but didn't want to guarantee X number of room nights and also cover no-shows myself, so the FLB rate is probably a little higher than they would charge.

I am staying in a one bedroom suite at moment.

This is the kitchen area, fridge, microwave, kettle.

204835331_44a16681a6_o.jpg

Bedroom

204834090_e54fd71429_o.jpg

204834414_a7ae54755b_o.jpg

Living room

204835549_7a6398feb5_o.jpg

Bathroom has a tub & walk in shower

204834734_e690c53c65_o.jpg

It really is a lovely place to stay, as for guest friendly! I am a virgin :D

later sexy

Edited by sexy beast
I am staying in a one bedroom suite at moment.

This is the kitchen area, fridge, microwave, kettle.

It really is a lovely place to stay, as for guest friendly! I am a virgin :rolleyes:

later sexy

Yes they are nice, and a great location. But I felt a little uncomfortable when I learned that on top of what was a hefty price, I would be paying for my electricity and water...and internet on top. Also the rate for the electricity was high....I love my AC

What is the total cost then...? You paying for a month?

Edited by jacko

MM... excellent idea to promote special deals to FLB members. More should be done in that area included a variety of resources that newbies may need during their stay, especially in times of emergency. Any of our resident members interested in starting a file entittled Newbies Resources Center? <grin

I can see where it is a discount up till Oct 31(low season). The big question for me, is this a rate for november also? Prices are much higher in high season.

If this rate applies for my dates Nov 6 - Dec 5. I'll be there. <grin

Yes they are nice, and a great location. But I felt a little uncomfortable when I learned that on top of what was a hefty price, I would be paying for my electricity and water...and internet on top. Also the rate for the electricity was high....I love my AC

What is the total cost then...? You paying for a month?

Water & elec is included in the price of 48,000 baht per month!

wifi internet is free, but I choose ADSL at 2000 baht a month !

sexy

Water & elec is included in the price of 48,000 baht per month!

wifi internet is free, but I choose ADSL at 2000 baht a month !

sexy

I was paying 30k at the Nova Park.....1 br apt. Perhaps not as nice , but well equipped and a nice pool and garden. Inferior location though.

18k...or 55% more is some difference.

What was wrong with the free WI-FI that you went for that rather expensive ADSL?

I was paying 30k at the Nova Park.....1 br apt. Perhaps not as nice , but well equipped and a nice pool and garden. Inferior location though.

18k...or 55% more is some difference.

What was wrong with the free WI-FI that you went for that rather expensive ADSL?

Morning Jacko! Another lovely day here for rainy season lol :D ADSL is quicker I think & the wifi has a weak signal. If I was writing a trip report etc & was half way through it then lost the connection, I would throw myself off the balcony <grin

sexy :D

My first post was not very clear. Water and electricity are included in the monthly rate. They do have a (lower) rate for 2 months or longer that charges for electricity and water.

My first post was not very clear. Water and electricity are included in the monthly rate. They do have a (lower) rate for 2 months or longer that charges for electricity and water.

Im thinking of staying for 2 months or longer so will have to pay the electric and water charges, not sure what it will be but 7 baht a unit i think it could be quiet high, the water should be cheap enough