Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ass backwards" means reversed order for those unfamiliar with that term. Sorry you can't blame the Yanks on this one - I'm a Canuck EH (Canadian). You Pommies butcher the Queens english pretty well also! Sometimes us north americans need a dictionary just to figure out what you are saying.

Edited by gerry53
"Ass backwards" means reversed order for those unfamiliar with that term. Sorry you can't blame the Yanks on this one - I'm a Canuck EH (Canadian). You Pommies butcher the Queens english pretty well also! Sometimes us north americans need a dictionary just to figure out what you are saying.

Yep! When I first started reading these boards I had to keep a dictionary of British slang open in another window.

:beer

Where's the better places to have breakfast which have large portions, good prices? What about different style breakfasts such as American, Euro, Thai, whatever...? I have not had much luck in the past here in the LOS as far as breakfast is concerned.

The restaurant here at the Jasmine Hotel (soi BJ) has a good American breakfast though. I need other places to go to for something different and possibly cheaper (under 100 baht).

A couple of suggestions: There's a short soi that runs between soi 7 and soi 8. On the soi 8 corner is a German cafe with authentic German fare, called something like WonderCat. I love the Bauern Fruestuck (Farmer's Breakfast)... served all day long. Its fried, sliced potatoes, scrambled with some eggs and a little bit of meat (bacon or ham). At the soi 7 corner is a Scandinavian place called something like Ohlala. Good breakfast at reasonable prices. People watching is good at both places.

A couple of suggestions: There's a short soi that runs between soi 7 and soi 8. On the soi 8 corner is a German cafe with authentic German fare, called something like WonderCat. I love the Bauern Fruestuck (Farmer's Breakfast)... served all day long. Its fried, sliced potatoes, scrambled with some eggs and a little bit of meat (bacon or ham). At the soi 7 corner is a Scandinavian place called something like Ohlala. Good breakfast at reasonable prices. People watching is good at both places.

Have you tried Kiss Food and Drink? Second Road at Soi Diana Inn. Good food for cheap. Portions are a bit small.

• 1 month later...

I used to use Kiss food at the bottom of soi Diana until I saw one of the staff picking her nose with one hand and stacking plates with the other, I also got ripped off in there one day but didnt realise until I was back in my room, they short changed me but said I had to tell them then no good later.

Edited by logan
I used to use Kiss food at the bottom of soi Diana until I saw one of the staff picking her nose with one hand and stacking plates with the other, I also got ripped off in there one day but didnt realise until I was back in my room, they short changed me but said I had to tell them then no good later.

If you cross out every place with a hygiene problem , you'll starve to death in Thailand! :rolleyes:

Make that 67.3%! We've already been eating contaminated food. It all depends on the level of contamination and if your stomach can take it.

Food sellers warned of fruit contamination

PM's Office Minister Ongart Klampaiboon has joined with the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) to pressure street hawkers selling fruit contaminated with micro-organisms, salicylic acid, and artificial colours - to change their ways or face up to two years in jail and/or fines of Bt20,000.

Ongart, overseeing the Office of the Consumer Protection Board (OCPB), said yesterday that OCPB had received complaints from city residents over unsafe fruit.

As a result, OCPB, the Department of Medical Sciences, and Chulalongkorn, Kasetsart and Siam universities collected fruit samples from 38 stalls in Bangkok and vicinity areas in August, using test kits for pesticide, salicylic acid, artificial colours and coliform organisms.

Out of 153 fruit samples, 67.3 per cent were found to be contaminated with organisms, posing a threat of gastroenterologic diseases, he said. They also found artificial colours in 16.3 per cent and salicylic acid in 40.7 per cent of 161 fruit samples. Ongart said that 64.2 per cent of pickled fruit samples, especially pickled guava with bright green and red colours, were contaminated with artificial colours and salicylic acid.

From now on, BMA officials would hold campaigns for food safety among manufacturers and sellers and give them one month to change their ways, before the authority checks on fruit quality again.

Those who fail to eliminate such contamination would be punished by up to two years in jail and/or fines of Bt20,000. Officials expected that Bangkok would see a change for the better in food safety in three months before consumer awareness over the issue extends to other regions.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/...n-30137905.html

Make that 67.3%! We've already been eating contaminated food. It all depends on the level of contamination and if your stomach can take it.

Food sellers warned of fruit contamination

PM's Office Minister Ongart Klampaiboon has joined with the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) to pressure street hawkers selling fruit contaminated with micro-organisms, salicylic acid, and artificial colours - to change their ways or face up to two years in jail and/or fines of Bt20,000.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/...n-30137905.html

Why the fuck are they putting Asprin in the food?

:banghead Ken

i do not know the name of the place but there was a medoka buffet at the end of soi dianna i think next to a car hire place at he Bukow end it was around the 100, and on the weekends at the oppisite end of the soi (2nd road end) the english looking pub behind kiss food does a buffet can't remember the price but it was more than 100 but the food was good and plentiful.....and it went to 2pm :banghead

Little place across from Residence Garden:

Had breakfast there a few times. Price is reasonable, portions are not skimped. Polite service. The eggs are scrambled with some subtle addition, probably a bit of pepper or something, and are very good.

Eggs, + ham, + sausage, + toast, + tea or coffee, + juice. Pretty standard stuff but done rather well with no price surprises. I think 110 baht. Something like that. Reflects just a bit extra in service and portions. I tried the 50 and 60 baht places and they usually tack on 60 baht for a drink. I also think it's better than the RG breakfast list, and no more than a few steps across the street, just to the left of the Family Mart and laundry.

If you're in the neighborhood, give it a whirl. If you're staying at the RG, definitely get out of the hotel a few days during the stay and give it a whirl.

Yes it's called "Formula One". All very reasonable and you can also opt for the small breakfast at a reduced price !

2010_Pattaya_070_Formula_One.JPG

Edited by N3RGT
  • 3 weeks later...
Tried Lek hotel's breakfast buffet - poor.

No taste at all, not so many choices.

Don't bother visit there!

jb

Have to agree on this - tried it once and it was disgusting.

Yes mate understood, I think the Queens English went out with the Ark many years ago, of course accents from many places are hard to understand.

Do you mean "the Queen's English"?

• 2 weeks later...
Have tried loads of "English Breakfasts" in Pattaya, but have to say had my best ever 2 weeks ago in a Cafe in the walk through between Papagayos and Kiss Food called "The Little Wonder", not the cheapest at 150bt but 2 Eggs, 2 Bacon, Sausage, Beans, Tomato, Mushroom, Bubble , Fried Slice, Bread and Butter(not sweet cake style bread )and a choice of drink ...Superb!!!!!

Got to agree with you here,I'm in there most days and it's nearly always spot on,I've tried other places but always end up back here.

I usually have the medium at 110 bt,the fried bread is easily the best I've tasted over here and they actually cook the bacon and don't just show it the frying pan like some places do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got to agree with you here,I'm in there most days and it's nearly always spot on,I've tried other places but always end up back here.

I usually have the medium at 110 bt,the fried bread is easily the best I've tasted over here and they actually cook the bacon and don't just show it the frying pan like some places do.

I'll agree with that,loved the place when I was there,got to be my favourite breakfast in Pattaya by far.

• 4 weeks later...
I'll agree with that,loved the place when I was there,got to be my favourite breakfast in Pattaya by far.

Little Wonder has shot himself in the foot now I think.They've put the price of a medium breakfast up to 130bt from 110bt.Sorry Pete, nothing personal, but to me it's a bad decision you've made there.

Go down the road to 18 coins hotel and you can get a superb big breakfast for 130bt. Far better value and very tasty too.