Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Kilkeny soi LK, 120baht 2 eggs, 2 rashes bacon, 2 slices of toast, 2 sausages, baked beans, mushrooms, tea or coffee, juice and either hashbrown or black pudding it was in November and i left 29th November and will be back Febuary 21 so hope it is still going

593.JPG

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the most successful thread I've started on this forum! Thanks for all the replies, everyone!

I have a feeling I'll be visiting Canterbury Tales Cafe on my next trip since I'll be staying around the corner from there. :clueless

Little Wonder has shot himself in the foot now I think.They've put the price of a medium breakfast up to 130bt from 110bt.Sorry Pete, nothing personal, but to me it's a bad decision you've made there.

Go down the road to 18 coins hotel and you can get a superb big breakfast for 130bt. Far better value and very tasty too.

For me 18 coins and Canterbury are the best value brekkie in Pattaya

BTW

Does anybody think there is a market for my Staffordshire oatcakes shown on the avatar,much bettere than bread as part of a diet.One could have the oatcakes with home made cheddar then pick what u want on them,yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy

BTW

Does anybody think there is a market for my Staffordshire oatcakes shown on the avatar,much bettere than bread as part of a diet.One could have the oatcakes with home made cheddar then pick what u want on them,yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy

Probably Eddie's place?

I do normally stay there so I gotta say for me its as good as anything for the money in Pattaya, Canterbury Tales, as well as the banter with Dave and the lads its as good as it gets.

I think this is the most successful thread I've started on this forum! Thanks for all the replies, everyone!

I have a feeling I'll be visiting Canterbury Tales Cafe on my next trip since I'll be staying around the corner from there. :grin-jump

Breakfast and lunch in pattaya is the same thing so you basically covered half the day's activities! :clueless

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't see how the Diana Dragon buffet @ 105B can be surpassed.

The main problem with all the set breakfasts is that they normally only include one cup of tea/coffee/juice. I drink at least three if not four of each and I'm b*ggered if I'm going to pay 30B or more for each extra little cup.

I fancied a good breakfast on NY Day, so rode over to the Canterbury Tales, it was after 10.30am . There were a couple of girls behind the counter but they weren't interested in doing breakfast for me.

Went nearby to Crazy Daves, he still does the 75 baht cheap breakfast (bacon, a sausage, a few beans, 2 near raw eggs and a slice of fried bread, toast, jam tea/coffee/OJ). While I can't complain about the price, the snotty eggs, sour-faced staff, greasy plate, smokers nearby and people wandering about shirtless made it 'tacky'.

As I left Canterbury Tales were operational.

Kilkeny soi LK, 120baht 2 eggs, 2 rashes bacon, 2 slices of toast, 2 sausages, baked beans, mushrooms, tea or coffee, juice and either hashbrown or black pudding it was in November and i left 29th November and will be back Febuary 21 so hope it is still going

I don't think it will still be open then. The owners of Champagne go-go have bought the place and apparently are turning it into another go-go.

...... the snotty eggs, sour-faced staff.....

Hey, it could have been sour eggs and snotty-faced staff! I remember a place like that.

I honestly dont understand why anyone goes to these set breakfast places round Soi Buakow when the Diana Dragon buffet has pretty well everything (except black pudding and beans, neither of which I like) for 105B.

To tempt me into a set breakfast place they would have to offer free multiple refills of coffee and juice.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had too many buffet breakfasts where the food sits there while the insects fly round it and it gets re heated again and again, when you order a breakfast in other places at least its cooked to order.

I don't see how the Diana Dragon buffet @ 105B can be surpassed.

The main problem with all the set breakfasts is that they normally only include one cup of tea/coffee/juice. I drink at least three if not four of each and I'm b*ggered if I'm going to pay 30B or more for each extra little cup.

Tropical Bert's on soi 6/1 offers the second cup of coffee/tea for free. :whistling:

I have had too many buffet breakfasts where the food sits there while the insects fly round it and it gets re heated again and again, when you order a breakfast in other places at least its cooked to order.

Thats one thing good about Apex's buffet. There's so many cheap chariles that the buffet table is never empty. :whistling: In fact I've seen more refills than flies.

I fancied a good breakfast on NY Day, so rode over to the Canterbury Tales, it was after 10.30am . There were a couple of girls behind the counter but they weren't interested in doing breakfast for me.

Went nearby to Crazy Daves, he still does the 75 baht cheap breakfast (bacon, a sausage, a few beans, 2 near raw eggs and a slice of fried bread, toast, jam tea/coffee/OJ). While I can't complain about the price, the snotty eggs, sour-faced staff, greasy plate, smokers nearby and people wandering about shirtless made it 'tacky'.

As I left Canterbury Tales were operational.

I think you'll be able to get more than a lifetimes worth of Cancer at Canterbury Tales also and the shirtless gays can be seen pretty much anywhere in town.

the best place I've found is Uncle Charlies on Soi Honey just off Second Rd. Great American Breakfast. 2 eggs, American bacon, potatoes, toast and great coffee. 135 bht.

Cup_of_Coffee.gif

I dont think the Diana Dragon falls into that category. Eggs are cooked to order. Thai dishes and rice are replenished regularly with freshly-cooked stuff. Fruit is under glass in a chiller cabinet. Heated "international" dishes like cooked ham and spaghetti etc. seem to be perfectly fresh also, though I admit that I wouldnt touch them with yours, as Brian Blessed famously said.

There has to be an advantage in a buffet where you can see the food, flies and all, rather than a place which hides the food in the kitchen where you really have no idea what is going on. Restaurant kitchens are often very nasty places, even (or perhaps especially) in farangland.

I did a couple of full english breakfasts there at Xmas and thought it was very good.

I eat at Tropical Bert's almost every day when I'm in Pattaya. Tasty breakfast, cooked to order. Good value for the Baht.

the best place I've found is Uncle Charlies on Soi Honey just off Second Rd. Great American Breakfast. 2 eggs, American bacon, potatoes, toast and great coffee. 135 bht.

If it's the same Uncle Charlies, I'm thinking of. Check out the steaks they serve for dinner. Tender, juicy with great flavor.