Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

the best place I've found is Uncle Charlies on Soi Honey just off Second Rd. Great American Breakfast. 2 eggs, American bacon, potatoes, toast and great coffee. 135 bht.

Is American bacon classed as streaky bacon?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the occasions when I have eaten American bacon I have found it to be very sweet. I dont like it. The cut varies.

Some American bacon companies smoke their product with honey maple syrup. This imparts a sweetness that I don't like.

Is American bacon classed as streaky bacon?

Yes, though we do have bacon like you'd get and it's generally called "Canadian Bacon".

Never really thought about our bacon being sweet, but compared to the back I suppose it is. The flavor depends mostly on the wood used to smoke it.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the breakfast at The Ritz on Soi 13/1 after talking to boss a few times,I'd heard it was good but expensive (170bt).

It wasn't good it was f***ing excellent,sure it was pricey but it was delicious,there was nothing at all I could fault about it.Without a doubt the best breakfast I've had here and possibly the UK too.

Couldn't go there every day otherwise I'd be a right fat bastard !

Edited by kessaya

Tigglebitties, Soi 17 between Pattaya and Jomtiem. Eggs, bacon (strips), home-fries, toast & coffee. 100 Baht. Tigglebitties has a menu of American food. One dish I enjoy is Tortilla soup. (Yes, I know, Mexican, not American.) :whistling:

Actually had a nice breakky at a small pommie restaurant down the arcade where Kiss food is on 2nd road.

Little Wonder Cafe it's called,good food there but he put the prices up a couple of months ago and there's other places that cost less that are just as good.

• 3 months later...

It has been sometime since I stayed in a hotel in Patts but I have fully enjoyed the breakfasts served in my room!..Sitting on the balcony either at Sabai wing overlooking the pool or at Summer Spring looking out to the sea has been quite a pleasant start to the day!

It has been sometime since I stayed in a hotel in Patts but I have fully enjoyed the breakfasts served in my room!..Sitting on the balcony either at Sabai wing overlooking the pool or at Summer Spring looking out to the sea has been quite a pleasant start to the day!

I prefer to have a buffet breakfast in the lobby with newspaper and people watching ; and see what the nets caught last nite when many have their beer goggles on! :allright

Maybe thats why I like the Apex breakfast despte the medicore breakfast ; to see the parade of champions! 555555555555 Its like the Star Wars bar during breakfast! :grin

Tigglebitties, Soi 17 between Pattaya and Jomtiem. Eggs, bacon (strips), home-fries, toast & coffee. 100 Baht. Tigglebitties has a menu of American food. One dish I enjoy is Tortilla soup. (Yes, I know, Mexican, not American.) :allright

Mexicans are American too.

Jack

Just back from a 10 day stay in Patts. On a few mornings, really enjoyed good breakfasts in the Butchers Arms on Soi Buakhao. They poached my eggs just the way I asked and a big breakfast is really big! Spotlessly clean, air conditioned to perfection, and very friendly.