Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 514 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

hi guys

well there has been some talk about girls being friendly or not ?

As a bar owner i would like to know how long after you have sat down do you want a girl to come say hello ?

Or do you want to be left alone till you tell a girl to come over to sit with you ?

Remember guys you might think that the girl understand that you are looking at her ,but other times she might not know you want HER to come sit with you now.

anyway whats the best thing that suits you ??

alan

Boy, this is a tough one. We don't want to be pestered, but we want girls to be friendly.

I don't want a girl to come to me until I'm into my first drink at the very earliest. But here's the tough part:

If one comes over, I might say "no" because I don't want her but I want a girl who's "better"

OR

I might want to be left alone to yack with my friends, or just left alone.

I don't know how you or the girls can tell that. I think maybe the best policy for you is to tell the girls that if the first one is sent away, then wait for the customer to call one.

I want time to peruse not just the girls on stage when I go in but also those that take the place of those who have completed their "stint". It's impossible to put a time limit on this.

One point that does irritate me (and it doesn't happen in New Living Dolls 1) is when the mamasan comes up just after you've sat down and starts asking which girl I want. Give me a chance - the girl I want may not be on stage at that moment in time!

Alan

hi guys

I have put the same thing on other boards as well .

Why its time that as a bar owner i started to talk more to you guys and find out MORE of what you wish to take place in a bar ,after all we are there to servce you our guest to the bar.

PLEASE guys yes this a hard one but the more feed back i get the better i can look after you ,along with the fact that other bar owners might also read what you have to say and follow my lead in the way to take care of clients .

alan

How long is a piece of string!!!

come on alan, as a bar owner and a person who spends time with customers you surley know that everyone is different and even the one customer can want different things at different times.

seems to me this topic is just one more plug for the bar.

JMHO

cheers

rodney

hi rodney

Mate every time i post some thing i would hope that some one might visit my bar because of what i say ,as i express the way we run the bar .

I am asking as there has been some talk about girls not taking care/talking to guys soon enough.

So in my mind the best thing to do is to get feed back from you guys ,as i stated VERY CLEARLY this was because i wanted to improve the service to my guests .

And in anyway what is wrong with a plug for the bar its in the business forum is it not ??

alan

I like the five minute rule where I get to enjoy my beer, cool off from the Thai heat and humidity and then have the mamasan come over.

Hi Alan,

By all means give your place a plug, nothing wrong with that. I think it is great you take enough interest in the bar and also board members but dont lower your mental standard or expect us to by asking such dumb questions.

As`stated before, everyone expects something different and there is no way you will ever please all of the people all of the time.

cheers

Rodney

Alan, i agree with u an with other BMs as well...this is a tough topic, personally I dont like being hassled, mainly for unwarranted drinks etc...i got cleaned up in Coyotees and hence will be very unlikely to go back...the TQ2 no hassle approach works for some but not all, I dont mind waiting a while , say 20 mins before I want company, I have had up to 5 girls keeping me company and not BF one and gone to the next bar so we are all different...one thing I would say is if the mamasan is pushy that can fuck up the bar very quickly(again Coyotees)...u cant please everybody but perhaps the manager can w

I like to go in, sit down, cool off a bit and drink my first beer before I start looking. I DON'T want the mamasan coming to see who I want. If I know her and she come to say hello, that's different. I'll look over the crop and see if anythings trips my trigger. If I see something I like, eye contact will do the rest. If I make eye contact and smile she will come over and if she doesn't, that normally means she's not interested. I want them to choose me. I'm NOT a pick a number guy.

This is a difficult one, liked everyone else, I would like the best looking girl in the establishment to come across to me immediately, and the others to stay away, but that is usually difficult because

a) I am not that good looking

:bigsmile: the best looking girl is usually taken

c) They ALL think they are the best looking girl anyway

So here is what my ideal situation is:

Go to bar - nice serving girl sits you down and you order the beer

Serving girl is good looking so buy her a drink so she will take care of you during the visit.

Look at girls for 5 minutes, if there is eye contact immediately with one I like, I will use the universal hand signal for drink and she can come across, I will then start buying drinks.

Girl can ask me if I want to buy drink for friend, sometimes I say yes, sometimes I say no, up to me.

If no-one within 5 minutes than Mamasan comes across, asks me if I want girl to drink with - if I say no, then no problem.

If I say yes, then mamasan helps choose a drinking companion (you like small girl, you like big breast etc. etc.)

If mamasan points out girl I like then drink for girl, drink for mamasan.

f it works out as above, then you have me as a customer for the next couple of hours and about 1-2 thousand baht - sorry I do not do takeaway, but may pay a barfine for an exceptional girl, even though I do not take them out.

Just because I bought the mamasan a drink, does not mean she gets one every time I buy one for the girl, she has other customers to look after.

Just because it is low-season, does not mean that I will buy drink for girl, girl's friend, their friend and any other girl who has nothing to do but hang around my table - I know I may look like a walking wallet, but there are limits.

It is up to the mamasan to keep this in order.

So it really depends on having a good mamasan....

Crobe

Edited by crobe
I like to go in, sit down, cool off a bit and drink my first beer before I start looking. I DON'T want the mamasan coming to see who I want. If I know her and she come to say hello, that's different. I'll look over the crop and see if anythings trips my trigger. If I see something I like, eye contact will do the rest. If I make eye contact and smile she will come over and if she doesn't, that normally means she's not interested. I want them to choose me. I'm NOT a pick a number guy.

Agree with Gary.

I don't want a lady to come and sit with me. I will do the looking and if I spy some eye-candy, I will put the smile on her and if she smiles and the eye contact continues, then I will invite her over. Take it from there as now one on one.

I don't need help from Mamasan. I don't like a lady or ladies to come over immediately to sit with me, or the Mamasan hovering "Yak-Yaking at me."

Give me a chance to survey the talent and I will make up my own mind.

* However, my exception to above (always got to leave an escape clause) is if I talk to two ladies that I am interested in, I might ask the Owner/Manager/Mamasan some questions, but only if I know these people already.

My best experience's of GoGo's is, I go in, am shown to a seat or find one myself by a service girl, she takes my order, It comes, I sit and have a drink while checking out the atmosphere, the dancers and those not having their turn dancing, If I get a wave or two from anyone on stage, or waiting their turn to grab a pole, thats fine, when I am close to the end of my first drink and getting ready for a 2nd drink, I am ready to buy a LD or two with the girls that have shown some interest in me, if any of the girls seem to made a 'connection' with me, and I them, then I would like some time, maybe 1 or 2 LD with her to make my mind up. If I am interested in one, then I will buy her another couple of LDs, what I dont like is when the Mamasan comes to the girl and tells her its her turn up at the poles and she has to leave, If she asks me if she can go dance, I will either agree or I might want to buy her another LD or two, to spend more 'alone' time with her.

On the whole I would say that, as you are nearing the end of your first drink, have checked the place out and have got a few responses, ie, waves and some eye contact, and have expressed an interest in 1 or 2 girls, I give the universal hand sign for offering a drink, and get a positive response, then I am ready to go with the flow.

I think unless you specifically ask the Mamasan over for a talk or drink, her function should be to ensure the smooth transition of the girls on the poles, (exept those getting LDs from customers), protecting the girls from rude, drunk or stroppy falangs, keeping the girls inline with Bar policy and keeping an eye on the cash flow.

Time is relative, and I think that Half an hour is too long to be left sitting alone in a hostess bar or GOGO, If a customer has seen a girl on the poles that he has an 'interest' in, then the Mamasan should see this, and allow the girl to come off stage for a LD, if the girl wants to, and stay with the customer, as long as the LDs are coming. I understand this would require the Mamasan to do a bit of juggling with her girls, and if the place is very busy, keeping girls rotated on the stage can sometimes be a task, but if the girls are getting LDs, this benefits the bar, as well as the girls. Girls on the poles are not earning cash for the bar, they are just 'eye candy' for the punters who come in, have one or two drinks and leave for the next 'eye candy' review.

Having one, two or even 3 girls around 1 customer is fine, as long as they are all earning LDs and there is enough girls to 'man' the poles.

I am sure that the girls themselves would much rather be sitting down with a customer, earning LDs, than dancing on the stage. If they express no interest at all in any of the customers, they get no LDs, and they will be at the Poles, ergo-Incentive to keep the customers and mamasan happy that the LDs and customers checkbin tickets are coming in.

In my experience of running Pubs here in the UK, there are alot of new punters who come into a bar, buy one drink, just to check the place out, so his first 'contact' is the barstaff, or in the case of LOS, the service girl, if near to the end of his first drink, no-one has spoken to him, or expressed some interest in him, or engaged him in some simple conversation, he will drink up and leave!.

If a punter is alone at the bar and close to the end of his first drink and no-one has spoken to him or shown any interest in him, he will leave, to this end I think that the service girls would play a significant role in engaging him in simple and friendly conversation for a few minuets as he nearing the end of his first drink.

The punters first contact is always the barstaff/service girls, it should not be the Boss or the Mamasan, unless he requests it.

If a group of say 3/4 punters come in, find the service girls friendly and the dancers waving at them with lots of eye contact, thats 4 customer drinks, 4 LDs and on it goes. If any of the Hostesses/dancing girls think they can manage a BF with any of the Falangs, then it would be 'up to them', of course you dont want your bar to lose all your Pole girls too early, but they can always say, good you come back at such or such a time, I be here for you!, after recieving the BF of course.

I think that the FLB has got the 'balance' right, as well as a couple of other GOGOs.

I spent 8 months in training in a UK pub with an 'old couple' who had been in the business 40yrs, and I ran two of the pubs they owned for a year each, before deciding to move on, so have a 'little' bit of bar know-how.

So as to How long????, I would say the time it takes to get close to, or at the end of the first drink, if you have not engaged the customer near or at the end of this first drink, either with your girls, your level of service or the friendly atmosphere of your 'Bar' and staff, he will go find a bar that does!!.

My 2 Bahts worth. SOLO.

It must be disheartening to be a bar manager when you take time out of your busy schedule to ask potential customers what they want only to be shot down. You are only trying to get BMs to help you to help themselves. If bar owners are on this site every day blatantly plugging their bar then this would become obvious and BMs are free just to ignore these posts. There is the option on the system to click the box to block posts from any BM that you want to ignore.

Some time ago Alan offered to produce information showing which of his girls in his bar liked to do particular things e.g. anal, 2 girl, etc. This would have been invaluable information (information is the key to saving both time, effort and money) and is the sort of information that you could get from the mamasan in the bar anyway but again he was shot down.

I was one of the BMs who posed the question a few weeks ago about the problems of unfriendly girls in bars. In some bars like Hot n Cold, Windmill, etc girls descend on you as soon as you are through the door, often in pairs and ask for a lady drink after 1 minute of talking to you plus a drink for their 'friend'. But at the other end of the extreme in bars like Heaven Above, Living Dolls Showcase, Happy, etc you could be sitting on your own for hours on end with no girls being friendly. NLD1 is getting that way.

If you are on your own then this can make you look like a loner (loser?) especially if most of the other guys in the bar have ladies with them. Sometimes the girls seeing you on your own for a while will assume that you like being on your own when this is not the case or that the other girls are ignoring you because you are a problem or a cheap charlie. They will tend to gravitate towards the guys who they think are the big spenders - usually the fat, old, white guys and leave the 'loner' looking types on their own - the 'loner' types may welcome the opportunity to look like Hugh Heffner surrounded by women but are not given the chance.

There have been many times when I have been in bars including NLD1 and would have been happy to buy some LDs but no one approaches me. I am not going to spend my time desperately trying to catch girls attention just for the privilege of buying them drinks. On one occasion a girl in NLD1 asked me why I was on my own and why none of the girls had come to talk to me (WTF - how am I supposed to know?) :D . On another occasion a girl said that she thought I was gay because I had been sitting on my own for a long time

:clap1

Of course the not so attractive ones are the ones that need to work harder to get LDs and so they are the ones who are most likely to come over first. However, just because a girl comes up to talk to you does not mean that you need to buy them a drink. If you are not interested or want to talk to your mates then the girl will soon realise this.

The danger is that the girl could distract you from finding a girl that you really want but there is nothing to stop you looking around whilst a girl is sitting beside you - she will soon get the message that you are not interested in her. Often a girl seeing me look at another girl will say "you are interested in her?" and offer to ask the other girl to come over instead of her.

Girls could be trained to come up to a guy and asked whether he wants company. He can always say that he is OK and she will move on. If other girls see that a guy is constantly shooing away girls then they may not want to come over to try their luck. This is understandable. In which case the guy can find the girl that he really likes and indicate for her to come over.

I see nothing wrong in using the mamasan to get a girl to come over and the mamasan should not expect a drink for this. If you bar fine the girl as a result then perhaps a drink for the mamasan is in order. But I would find myself being asked to buy at least 1 LD per night for the 'old' mamasan for accepting her offer to bring a girl over in NLD1 even though I ended up only buying her one drink and not bar fining her. Sometimes the mamasan would just order the drink for herself without asking me first and I would always let this go (this is not likely to happen anymore because of a recent disagreement with her and she now blanks me - luckily NLD1 has two mamasans and there is the younger mamasan who is more popular with the girls).

Go go bars can be dark, noisy places and the girl you like may be busy dancing on a stage some distance away. You may not always be able to catch her eye - and there is then the danger that she may go and sit with another guy. So why the hell not employ the mamasan. If the mamasan comes up to me soon after I come in to ask me whether I want a girl to come sit with me then that is no problem. I can just say not right now and get the mamasan later when I need her. The key is to point out which girl you want rather than let the mamasan choose as she may choose her favourites or a girl who needs to catch up on her LD total for the month.

I don't come 6000 miles to sit in a bar on my own and it can get a bit boring watching girls shuffle round a pole in bikinis for half an hour. It is flattering to have girls come up to you and ask you if you want company even if you don't find them attractive - I don't see how anyone should really mind that. If they talk to you for 10 or more minutes and ask for a lady drink then you should feel under no pressure to have to say yes. It is totally up to you.

The right amount of time that a guy should be left on his own before he should be approached is not a precise time. However, girls and the mamasan should be taught that if they see a guy sitting on his own for a lengthy period of time (and 10 minutes or more is about right) to come over and ask him if he wants company or if he is OK. He then has the option to request company or not. I have sat in restaurants where street trader after street trader have come up to me with goods - I just wave them away. It is no hardship especially when it is women coming up asking me whether they can sit with me especially as I never get that in the UK.

The situation where a guy sits on his own for 30 minutes, looks around feeling lonely whilst the girls are giving attention to other guys, he then gets pissed off and leaves disgruntled is just as bad as the situation where a guy has to fend off packs of unattractive women badgering him to buy them lady drinks as soon as he walks through the door.

Have to also add my vote for Gary's answer.....its all up to me. Maybe an approach along the line of "Can I get you anything?" from one of the girls is vague enough to fill all the requirements by not being pushy and also checking in on them. (after of course I already have a beer in front of me)

Keep up the questions Alan..its free to ask and you have a captive audience.

Good thread & i think every bar owner needs to learn customer service from the customers's point of view. For me,simply,crobe's post wins. :clap1 I prefer bars to be hassle-free from LDs,primarily, like any other BM.

I can't think of a time when I was interested in a BG who came over and sat down next to me. however, I have bought many a drink for those that did after I spent some time asking them about the other Bgs in there that I fancied and she brought one or two of them over for me.

I rarely use the mamsan as I can pick out the BGs I like, but i did find the one in Superbaby helpful in picking one out of their nice line-up.

In BKK there are a couple of Soi Cowboy bars where I have gotten to know the Mamasan and she is quite happy to send over new fresh hotties for me to test drive, or fit my requirements (tall/short/thin/big boobs) of the night.

So i guess it just depends....

Mr. Lad:

What is your policy if I spy a lady dancing and I would like her to join me for a LD? Can she leave the stage and join me? And, will she be allowed to sit there for awhile. I sure as hell don't mean she has to nurse along one LD or have an empty glass. I would hope that she will have time for some conversation and time to finish her LD. How long before she is called back to dance by Mamasan?

hi guys

hi Jerry

Mate you have asked a good ? and one that i have looked at many times . What we do at the moment is like most bars ;the girl has to finish her set dancing and then can come over to sit with you ,as if it is her turn to dance she must get up ,but can come back.

Why do we do it this way ,i tried before to have it so girls could sit with a guy if she had a LD but the only problem was that you could see clearly that the girls were hassling guys so she did not have to dance or taking looker than the guy to drink her drink again so she did not have to dance. This all set up the bar to be a place where the girls wanted to jumb on guys only for drinks so they did not have to dance.

Other problem was that if you spotted another girl you liked if the girl did not go to dance it was not as easy to get to talk with the other girl.

YES the older mamasun is a pain in the ass when it comes to drinks and your feed back has told me more of what i thought before . I will be talking to her once i get back in 2 days and asking her to stop asking for drinks as i dont like even the dancers doing this.

Its hard at times ;i have asked my girls NOT TO JUMP on guys as they sit down and ask for drinks .This at times makes it hard for guys to get girls to come over as she is not alway sure that it is her that you want to talk with .

What i was starting to see before i went away was girls starting to sit in the corner away from guys ,so as not to hassle anyone . BUT it was becomeing a way to hide in the end and not to say hello.

I dont want guys hit on for drinks BUT i do want it so you can talk with a girl if you wish ,with out to much trouble.

Thank you guys for your feed back !!

In asking you i am able to keep /make the service i offer the best i can and the above is a good example .

Many times you will see things that i dont

again thank you

alan

Alan

if I wasn't such a stupid fuck I would copy and paste the link on exactly the same subject that Pieman post right after he took over Catz, it had what i belive to be the best all-a-round solutions.

if your really interrested do a search

chers

rb

YES the older mamasun is a pain in the ass when it comes to drinks and your feed back has told me more of what i thought before . I will be talking to her once i get back in 2 days and asking her to stop asking for drinks as i dont like even the dancers doing this.

It wasn't so much that she was asking for drinks as actually taking them without explicit agreement from myself. The first few times when I went in she would come up to me ask me which girls I liked. I would point out one or two and she would wave them over and ask me whether I wanted to buy them drinks. I would agree and then she would ask 'one drink for mamasan', it's OK?'. It is always a good idea to keep in with the mamasan so I would say yes.

However, after a couple of visits this changed so that after I had agreed to drinks for the girl/girls she would say 'one drink for me', nod her head and go and order the drinks without waiting for my reply. She probably thought that she knew me and that I didn't mind. Being English I was reluctant to make a fuss and also I don't want to spend my evenings out arguing all the time. However, when you look back at the end of the holiday you do wonder how you managed to spend so much.

It should be up to the guy to offer to buy the mamasan a drink if she offers to bring girls over as this is part of her job. If the mamasan was bought a drink for every girl brought over then guys would soon run out of money. If I bar fine a girl as a result of the mamasan's recommendations I personally don't mind if she suggests a drink for herself as long as she is quick to accept graciously with a smile if I say that I can't.

I don't really want to make a big issue out of this as I don't want to get the mamasan guessing as to who may have complained.

What i was starting to see before i went away was girls starting to sit in the corner away from guys ,so as not to hassle anyone . BUT it was becomeing a way to hide in the end and not to say hello.

You would see two or even more girls around some guys (who were probably known to them as big LD buyers) and then groups of girls sitting together talking to themselves whilst other guys were left on their own for long periods of time (looking lonely and isolated). It would be difficult to attract the attention of a girl that you might like from the group by eye contact or hand signals.

I dont want guys hit on for drinks BUT i do want it so you can talk with a girl if you wish ,with out to much trouble.

This is a worthy thread (despite some comments to the contrary) as it has already been raised before. Here is the link to the discussion started by Pieman of Catz ago go a couple of years ago.

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.ph...c=19940&hl=

I always like to sit down, have a drink, and watch the dancers. If anyone catches my eye, it's up to me to wave them over, or to get the mamasan or one of the service girls to bring her.

In some go-go's I've seen the girls sit down in a group after their dance, and practically ignore the customers, or disappear into the back room somewhere and not come back in.

In these cases, it can be difficult to make contact with the one who caught your attention.

Therefore, my feeling is that once the dancers are finished, they should remain in the body of the Go-Go. If they are sitting separate from the clients, so as not to appear to be too pushy, they should be constantly alert for someone trying to catch their attention.

Jim