Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Condo for sale in the View Talay 2

A couple of nice shoe-box condos (30sqm) sold for 680 000 THB at Jomtien Beach Condos a short while ago. I know because I live here. Jomtien Beach Condos are nicer than View Talay 1 or 2. This is a buyer's market. Gabor should hang on to his investment until the property market picks up again. This could take longer than a year, in my opinion.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of nice shoe-box condos (30sqm) sold for 680 000 THB at Jomtien Beach Condos a short while ago. I know because I live here. Jomtien Beach Condos are nicer than View Talay 1 or 2. This is a buyer's market. Gabor should hang on to his investment until the property market picks up again. This could take longer than a year, in my opinion.

Finally sold for 1.150.000 :D

• 2 weeks later...
Only 300,000 Baht or around 20% less than "the sensible price".

Wise people start to bargaining...

Wise people start to bargaining... :finger in Thailand... however IMHO it was a good deal, just because of the new farang comittee started to run amok, molesting the residents, ripping of the residents, importing all of the rotten farang shit we are try to escape to stay in Thailand... I was more, than happy to lose the 300.000 baht, than to deal with the farang shit introduced by the new comittee... to avoid the hassle.. The only losers are my mates, who can't stay free anymore in my condo...

So, Gabor, you would happily have allowed Khun Wilai to continue to rip off owners? What would have happened when the money ran out as it would have done this year and all the staff fucked off because their wages hadn't been paid? Your condo would have been worthless. THAT is the truth but some people are so blinkered with their cheap charlie attitude that they are not prepared to accept the truth even though it is staring them in the face.

In Building A, the fire hoses that the Fire Brigade would have required to fight a fire on a high floor didn't work, the emergency lighting didn't work, it's seems highly likely that the fire alarm system doesn't work. Even if it did, there is, I believe, at present no way of knowing on which floor a fire alarm was set off. Also, the sprinkler system is probably worse than useless. Do you consider that good management?

The emergency generator had never been serviced until a few weeks ago? Is that good practice?

Take look here - http://www.vt.sfusa.com/index_files/VT2AQPMReview.pdf This shows maintenance that Wilai should have had done on a regular basis but never did. The new committee are slowly getting to grips with years of bad management.

Wilai made, by my estimate, around 1 million baht per annum from the Sophon Cable contract which she put into HER name. Any surplus now goes for the benefit of the building as a whole in A building. B Building have decided to offer Sophon Cable as part of the annual maintenance charge.

The new committee should be congratulated for tackling head on the many problems they inherited from Wilai, whose sole interest in the 2 buildings was to milk as much money as she could from the owners.

Alan

Got to agree with Eneukman here as the service charges paid before were a joke (far too little) and the sinking fund was plundered to pay for things which should have been covered by the annual maintenance payments.

As one unit was a few thousand baht a year (circa 3.6k I believe) then studio owners will be in exactly the same position as before. Owners of multiple units will pay more on a pro rata basis. That is equitable.

Gabor, to say that you are happy to lose Bt300,000 then you are talking crap. Even if you doubled or tripled the maintenance rates it would take nigh on forever to reach an extra Bt300,000. In the meanwhile, you would be in a condo which would likely increase in value due to proper maintenance, transparent accounting, a growing sinking fund and contracts awarded on the basis of fairness and not on the basis of nepotism and the receipt of backhanders.

Of course, you could just have put your condo up for too high a price in the beginning ?

Maybe you are right... but the facts I see... I have condos already for 5 years, never was molested and everything seemed good and working.. The pool was clean, the plants were watered etc...

What I see lately under the farang management ? Money hunger... moaning, they says nothing works ( the new security system really not works, I was robbed with the assistance of the security guards... in the era of the old security I was called down, when a girl tried to take out a pair of loudspeakers I gave her ) ... The new farang management1s very first step was to restrict the personal ads on the board and installing a paid one... The new farang management started to molest the residents with the dress code, with the smoking ban... the new thai management can even farting through BKK, they are asking if I paid my bills in the VT2 office from BKK...

What I see... until the new farang management everything went well.. now they create a panic mood, milking me, admittedly swallowing my sophon cable fee ( in the building B. it is free, because it is really free... ) they says until now it was stilen by Vilai... What is the difference ? Now the farang comittee swallowing it...

I'm came to Pattaya to be not molested... the new farang management useless to help if some trouble happens ( when I was robbed ) and arrogant...

Alan... to see your story about the attempt of the robbery ... are they offered any help unless to close your window at the night time ? I mentioned the half meter barbed wire to save your ass... no any responds... no any acts, just "wise" notices... Also see, how they are ruining the oddment of the security...

Maybe Vilai was a thief... but everything worked well... lately nothing works well.. the new farang management is impotent

Maybe you are right... but the facts I see... I have condos already for 5 years, never was molested and everything seemed good and working.. The pool was clean, the plants were watered etc...

What I see lately under the farang management ? Money hunger... moaning, they says nothing works ( the new security system really not works, I was robbed with the assistance of the security guards... in the era of the old security I was called down, when a girl tried to take out a pair of loudspeakers I gave her ) ... The new farang management1s very first step was to restrict the personal ads on the board and installing a paid one... The new farang management started to molest the residents with the dress code, with the smoking ban... the new thai management can even farting through BKK, they are asking if I paid my bills in the VT2 office from BKK...

What I see... until the new farang management everything went well.. now they create a panic mood, milking me, admittedly swallowing my sophon cable fee ( in the building B. it is free, because it is really free... ) they says until now it was stilen by Vilai... What is the difference ? Now the farang comittee swallowing it...

I'm came to Pattaya to be not molested... the new farang management useless to help if some trouble happens ( when I was robbed ) and arrogant...

Alan... to see your story about the attempt of the robbery ... are they offered any help unless to close your window at the night time ? I mentioned the half meter barbed wire to save your ass... no any responds... no any acts, just "wise" notices... Also see, how they are ruining the oddment of the security...

Maybe Vilai was a thief... but everything worked well... lately nothing works well.. the new farang management is impotent

Funny (haha) you didn't mention how unhappy you are with the condo management when you posted here. Perhaps you might have mentioned these issuse befor....

What I see lately under the farang management ? Money hunger... moaning, they says nothing works ( the new security system really not works, I was robbed with the assistance of the security guards... in the era of the old security I was called down, when a girl tried to take out a pair of loudspeakers I gave her ) ...

What Gabor YET AGAIN conveniently omits is that the guards who "colluded" with the theft from his room were the same guards that were employed when Vilai was in charge. The changeover in guards only took place at the start of this month. I'm still open minded as to whether or not it's an improvement.

The new farang managements very first step was to restrict the personal ads on the board and installing a paid one... The new farang management started to molest the residents with the dress code, with the smoking ban... the new thai management can even farting through BKK, they are asking if I paid my bills in the VT2 office from BKK...

This point about the dress code arose in Building B because, as far as I can gather, some fat arse farang thinks it's OK to wander about the public areas of the condos wearing only a tiny pair of swimming trunks. It's about showing some respect to the Thais.

The smoking ban was introduced by the Government. QPM told the committees that we had to comply with the law. So Gabor, if you are going to moan about things, at leasr GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!!!! :clap2

The difference in Building A is that the surplus funds will now be used for the benefit of the condo as a whole. Surely even you can see that? In Building B, it is NOT being given away free, but is included in your annual maintenance fee. Many people in Building B feel that this is a mistake and would prefer to continue with the previous system.

There wasn't really a lot the committee can do to stop attempted burglaries such as was attempted on my condo. Barbed wire on balconies is a nonsensical suggestion if that's what you mean.

The new committee are heading in the right direction. Of course, nobody will agree with everything they do, but give them a year or two and we should see substantial improvements. Or would you rather see the building go to rack and ruin, which is what would have happened had Vilai been left in place.

Alan

I say congratulations Gabor. I think you are very fortunate to get what you got. I expect to see the place continue to go downhill.

• 1 month later...