Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 998 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Today i had made a strange experience in Secrets Hotel.

I came back in the evening and only 1 of the 2 doorlocks were closed.

This is normal when the room service was in, they always only lock 1. But my room was allready cleaned.

When i checked he Safe, the door was closed - so i thought.

After i typed in my combination nothing happened. Normally you hear the sound of the moving lock.

I pulled the door and i saw: The safe was open allready !!

I checked my briefcase, creditcards were all there - puh.

Money: I did not had any Baht in there, i only had some Euros and i dont know how many i had.

Seems like everything is still there, if someone took 10 or 20 Euro, i dont know.

I also thought that maybe i forgot to close the safedoor, maybe that can happen.

But in the same time i also forget to close the second lock at the door ?

Thats suspicous.

Did anyone else made that 'experience' in Secrets ?

I would advise anyone staying there in the future to be carefull.

Should i tell this the manager ? I dont want trouble but if there is really a thief in the service crew, they have to check this.

IMO ypu should have done what you'd have done at any hotel you were staying in anywhere in the world.

If you have concerns over the security / privacy of your belongings, then speak to the management immediately. If you have doubts that you would have locked up properly due to too mch drin or in a hurry, then just be more aware in the future.

I don't really understand what you are expecting people to post in this thread unless you are seeking a bunch of 'They're just a bunch of crooks in Secrets'.

I don't really understand what you are expecting people to post in this thread unless you are seeking a bunch of 'They're just a bunch of crooks in Secrets'.

No no, what i want to know is if someone else did experience something similiar.

But is is hard to notice, since you must be aware about the missing lockslide after pressing the code.

JMHO - I think if a thief had been in your room, with the safe being open, they really wouldnt have bothered taking 10 or 20 Euro - they would have cleaned you out.

Its probably just forgetfulness on your part - after all Pattaya can make you like that. :lovee :clap2 :lovee :gulp :lovee

I vote for forgetfulness. It's easy to lose track of what you're doing, especially if you've had a few beers or are tired. Hell, one time I forgot where I parked an entire CAR and spent the next day thinking it had been stolen.

J

Whilst everyone hear probably realises I have no time at all for the "Secrets" gang but even I feel that this post is completely out of order in even being here,if you have any type of query/complaint against them then I suggest you post it on THEIR website,but doubt it will survive even 1 minute! :clueless :unsure: :ang2

Edited by stevoman

I wasnt drunk and i wasnt tired, it was during the day.

If really someone of the staff did doing this he/she would be stupid to take everything out of the safe.

He/she could do this exactlly 1 time becouse then the guest will call police and everybody of the staff will be under suspicion.

If he/she takes only a little money almost unnoticed, he/she can do this many times becouse allways the guest think that the open safe was forgetfulness.

Anyway, i just wanted to warn anyone to have an eye on that in the future.

I dont want spread bad word of mouth about secrets, i still like it in here and i would recommend that place to anyone who likes to stay near Walkingstreet.

If noone makes the same experience in the next couple of weeks than its me to blame.

If you belong to the Secrets board PM Carlsburg, Wombat or Soi7. You should have spoken to the manager as soon as you noticed this. At this point there is very little they can do about, especially since you are not certain anything was taken, but they need to be aware of the possibility. If someone has gotten hold of the safe masterkey then steps need to be taken but that is a fairly expensive undertaking to do on such small evidence.

Whilst everyone hear probably realises I have no time at all for the "Secrets" gang but even I feel that this post is completely out of order in even being here,if you have any type of query/complaint against them then I suggest you post it on THEIR website,but doubt it will survive even 1 minute! :bigsmile: :D :drunk

Still pissed off because Carlsburg didn't buy you a drink are you?

If you belong to the Secrets board PM Carlsburg, Wombat or Soi7. You should have spoken to the manager as soon as you noticed this. At this point there is very little they can do about, especially since you are not certain anything was taken, but they need to be aware of the possibility. If someone has gotten hold of the safe masterkey then steps need to be taken but that is a fairly expensive undertaking to do on such small evidence.

Still pissed off because Carlsburg didn't buy you a drink are you?

Not in the least,why should I expect preferential treatment! :bigsmile:

If a secret's employee got access to your safe they would need either a key or some gadget that can figure out the safe combo. If they are that clever I seriously doubt that they would have left the safe open for you to see that they got it open.