Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

HOTEL IN UDON THANI

Hi might have to head to Udon Thani next week so would be pleased if anyone could recommend a clean, centrally located hotel that has air. something around the 400-500 baht a night rate would be great.

Hey big spender............spend a little time with me.

Charoen Hotel, 549 Phosri Rd. Tel 042-248155

I recall it is near the bus station and treated me well... although not sure if they are as cheap as you require. ( I paid about 500, but some years ago)

Edited by jacko

Last August, on recommendation, I stayed for three nights at the Silver Reef hotel, which is quite close to the bus station, and convenient enough for bars and the town centre. I'm sure it's girl friendly although I didn't try. Cost is 750 per night according to their website...www.silverreefudon.com...They will pick you up from the airport if necessary. I had a very pleasant stay there. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. Aircon and satellite tv. Hope this helps.

The last time I wanted to stay at Top Mansion, it was full. I settled for the Karin. Still within walking distance of what night life there is in Udon. I think it was about 400 baht and was a decent place to stay.

thanks for all the feed back and particular thanks to 007cableguy and sabang for the hotel link.

Top Mansion for around 300 baht, rooms are very clean, internet cafe downstairs and cheap car and motorbike rental.

And they have GREAT food. I think the owner/operator is a real chef. Eat there even if you don't stay there.

And they have GREAT food. I think the owner/operator is a real chef. Eat there even if you don't stay there.

I think you're talking about the City Lodge rather than Top Mansion. City Lodge does have good food but usually they are full because they have maybe 6 or 7 rooms. The Irish Clock also has about the same number of rooms as City Lodge. Rooms at the Irish Clock are quite good but I think they are about 800 or 900 baht per night.

i stayed at the irish clock a couple of weeks ago, 850b per night including a good breakfast.

before that i stayed in the charoensri grand hotel for 1400b per night, not worth it.

I have to second on the Irish clock, rooms are comfortable (cozy), good television, wireless internet and serve a variety of beers to include good food, although though the beans thing for breakfast is a bit odd (English thing I guess).

I have to second on the Irish clock, rooms are comfortable (cozy), good television, wireless internet and serve a variety of beers to include good food, although though the beans thing for breakfast is a bit odd (English thing I guess).
Yes, an English thing..... jam (jelly) or maple syrup are less 'odd' things to mix in with eggs and bacon aren't they? :bigsmile:
Yes, an English thing..... jam (jelly) or maple syrup are less 'odd' things to mix in with eggs and bacon aren't they? :rolleyes:

Hey Jacko you forgot the good old vegemite on toast mate :D

Hey Jacko you forgot the good old vegemite on toast mate :D
Marmite on my side of the globe mate. Although can't beat a Sunday late morning full Monty English! Partial to a fried slice of black pudding (blood sausage) with mine..... now that should help our USA pals to eat their beans up! Edited by jacko
Although can't beat a Sunday late morning full Monty English! Partial to a fried slice of black pudding (blood sausage) with mine..... now that should help our USA pals to eat their beans up!

Actually the black pudding is supposed to be pretty good at the Irish Clock, but I didn't get to try it myself unfortunately. :D

The chef from the City Lodge called Andy left last October and I believe its not so good now.

Irish Clock.......850 baht,includes English breakfast.

Karin Hotel.......700 baht,includes the smallest breakfast ever.

Top Mansion.....350 baht but no breakfast and hard mattresses,so I'm told !

Charoen Hotel...900 baht,no breakfast.

Zidane

I stay at Jan Condotel, 500 baht per night, cheaper for long term. Very clean, fairly new, nothing fancy, basic, tv, plenty closet space, shower-no tub, small balcony with sink for dish wash etc, always in good shape. Friendly staff. Mixed group of people in and out, some farang, I think mostly Thai. They have a pretty good American breakfast(not free), but you have to explain that bacon is supposed to be crisply done...lol. The internet is usually pretty good and free. Nararat speaks good english if you met her and "understands" farangs pretty well. She is married to an englishman. A laundry is also available. The city park is a short walk, catch a baht bus or walk downtown, a bit of a walk. The school girls in the area, and there are many, are all too young, even if some don't quite look it. There are several schools in the neighborhood and some of the older students stay in student apts (?) around the area. Some pretty good sidewalk restaurants in the neighborhood.

I don't believe one would have any problem bringing a lady back for the night, but I haven't seen that happening with the few farangs that stay there. Then again I don't pay much attention to them.

102/17 Soi Sansuk, Siruk Rd. Markhang Muang Udonthani Thailand 41000, PO Box 250 Udonthani Thailand 41000, Tel. 042-329-223-7, Fax 042-329-259, Email: Jan_condo2005@hotmail.com, www.jancondotel.cpm

This is an unpaid advertisement, although she is my lady's aunt and has property across the street from my lady's house in the village :banghead . She likes me and my lady, but if you mention my name I don't think it will get you a better price or me either...lol. She is a good businessperson.

The chef from the City Lodge called Andy left last October and I believe its not so good now.

Irish Clock.......850 baht,includes English breakfast.

Karin Hotel.......700 baht,includes the smallest breakfast ever.

Top Mansion.....350 baht but no breakfast and hard mattresses,so I'm told !

Charoen Hotel...900 baht,no breakfast.

Zidane

Myself and two of my friends stayed at the Karin Hotel recently and the rooms were 400 baht per night. No breakfast was included.

Gary,

Yes,400 baht is the price for the old wing of the Karin Hotel.

The 700 baht price is for the new wing in the building to the right of reception.

Both are OK.....depends what you want to pay.

Zidane