Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi all,

Sorry 2 b an ass but I'm told that I may be in bother.

I have booked from 29/2/08 until 11/04/08, a return ticket through Amsterdam. (Way in excess of 30 days).

Will I be allowed to travel if i intend to visit another country within Asia during my time there or do I need a Visa, bearing in mind that I travel within 2 weeks and have nothing done.

Any ass. is greatly app.

Thanks.

Maybe someone can advise you better on this, but I believe you'd be OK if you leave Thailand to visit another Asian country before the 30 days are up, then return. If you are flying in on 11/04, it wouldn't be a problem at all, as you'd just be transfering to the flight home and wouldn't technically be re-entering Thailand.

Best bet is to arrange a multiple entry visa before you depart. Two weeks should be enough, especially if you go through a visa agency. It would cost you some money, though.

Evil

:bigsmile:

Edited by Evil Penevil

Without a return ticket within your permitted 30 days, you could be refused carriage by the airline as they would be held responsible to return you if the Thai Immigration refused you entry.

If you were to pre-book a ticket to leave Thailand within the 30 days, then I believe that you would be okay, but I would agree with Evil and the best action is to get yourself a 'proper' visa.

Hmmmmmmmmm not sure.Id definately get a proper visa to be safe.

Download the forms from the website of Thai consulate in Hull,you have plenty of time.They are very efficient.

If you go this route an need help just shout.

Hi all,

Sorry 2 b an ass but I'm told that I may be in bother.

I have booked from 29/2/08 until 11/04/08, a return ticket through Amsterdam. (Way in excess of 30 days).

Will I be allowed to travel if i intend to visit another country within Asia during my time there or do I need a Visa, bearing in mind that I travel within 2 weeks and have nothing done.

Any ass. is greatly app.

Thanks.

Go to your local Thai embassy/consulate with your itinerary/flight ticket etc, and get a 60 day multi entry tourist visa and you'll have no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand it, you will not have a problem.

1. You have a return ticket-no problem.

2. On arrival in BKK, you will be given a stamp(Visa) in you passport for 30 days.

3. On, or before the 30 days, do a border run to Cambodia (2000 baht)

4. On your return into Thailand, you will again be given a 30 Visa, so as I read it, you do not have a problem.

thechairman18

I'm in a similar situation but I've only booked for 32 days.

Since I am going to visit Cambodia as well I will try to get by on the 30 day visas. Before I go though I am going to book my ticket from Bangkok to Phnom Phen and also get an e-visa for Cambodia as well. Then if I do have any problems I can show them exactly what I am doing.

However, I live in a fairly remote area of Australia, a long way from the nearest Thai consulate or embassy. If I was closer I would just get a 60 day visa, but it is too much hassle.

As I understand it, you will not have a problem.

1. You have a return ticket-no problem.

2. On arrival in BKK, you will be given a stamp(Visa) in you passport for 30 days.

3. On, or before the 30 days, do a border run to Cambodia (2000 baht)

4. On your return into Thailand, you will again be given a 30 Visa, so as I read it, you do not have a problem.

thechairman18

Totally incorrect and dangerous for others when you state "facts" that are wrong.

As previous poster Skygod states they wont even let you on the motor unless you have a ticket out of thailand within first 30 days.

Totally incorrect and dangerous for others when you state "facts" that are wrong.

As previous poster Skygod states they wont even let you on the motor unless you have a ticket out of thailand within first 30 days.

I have also read this as being true ,dont take the chance get a visa

Do you have a ticket with a changeable return date ?

If so, book with a "legal" return date, and get it changed later.

But inform about the costs first, I once had a ticket which cost me 2500 bt to change, another time it cost me nothing, but I paid way too much already for it, but it was beginning of December.

Thanks to all who helped guys. Great board. I'm sorted, got a visa in time so all is ok.

Just for u who may be wondering the Thai Consulate informed me that i would need a visa and that it is the airlines responsibility to ensure people without are not allowed on the plane.

So it would appear u do need one.

I will be about from Fri and will call to FLB to buy all a drink who helped and to further pick the brains of experienced guys about travelling to AC and V'nam and maybe Cambodia. Just waiting on Taxi in one hour to Bus to Airport. I hear all bars will be shut on my arrival. Bummer. Fancyed a GoGo to Start.

:allright

Thanks again

as long as you leave thailand before your 30 days and visit say burma for 1or 2 or 3 days when you fly back into thailand you will be given another 30 days but remember you can only do this 3 times a year now as far as i know others may put me right if i am wrong ok hope this helps

as long as you leave thailand before your 30 days and visit say burma for 1or 2 or 3 days when you fly back into thailand you will be given another 30 days but remember you can only do this 3 times a year now as far as i know others may put me right if i am wrong ok hope this helps

Not quite. You are allowed to spend up to 90 days in any 180 day period without obtaining a visa.

Alan