Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

A Review of Soi L.K Metro .

Thanks, I am genuinly interested as I like to try a few places and later move on to the street.... I have gone off the M/C taxis! Do these Soi Bua Khao baht busses take a long time with the traffic? I took one from Soi 7 last night and I would have been faster walking.

As Obsession says, the only hold up might be if you go earlier on a market day. Otherwise, it's a short trip and moving well most of the way. It's much faster than coming down Beach Road to WS.

Since I haven't figured out any way to tell if the bus is going right or left at 2nd, I assume the worst (right). If the bus stops in either of the rightish lanes at the red light on 2nd, I will just buzz and get off then rather than taking a chance of a right turn/buzz/find a pull out place option. If it's a green light at 2nd, and he starts for the right turn, I buzz to alert him to pull over ASAP on 2nd.

I love the ones that turn left!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 2nd and Pratumnak, they either turn right onto 2nd or left onto Pratumnak...with about 80%/20% probability. Neither case puts you within 30 yds of WS. That was an exaggeration. More like 100 yds? Point being, it's pretty easy to get to WS from that area, but not as easy as I earlier stated.

Either way, you are going to have to walk across a busy street.

Do these Soi Bua Khao baht busses take a long time with the traffic? I took one from Soi 7 last night and I would have been faster walking.

As others have said, they move fairly quickly -- much faster than the route along Beach Road during the evening.

I'm amused that people find the area inconvenient. The baht bus drops you off at Second Road and Pattaya Tai. It's practically the same as being dropped off at the beginning of Walking Street.

Try to walk it in the heat - you will be dripping wet when you get to walking street.

What map of Pattaya are you using? If you're staying on LK Metro then you don't have to walk far at all to catch a baht bus to Walking. It would be the same walk -- and in many cases shorter -- as if you were staying at a hotel between Beach Road and Second Road.

QUOTE(MrMango @ Nov 22 2008, 06:12 PM) *

Try to walk it in the heat - you will be dripping wet when you get to walking street.

What map of Pattaya are you using? If you're staying on LK Metro then you don't have to walk far at all to catch a baht bus to Walking. It would be the same walk -- and in many cases shorter -- as if you were staying at a hotel between Beach Road and Second Road.

Not using a map as I have walked it many times. During the day it is a bitch when it is hot, and after a lot of beers it is a bitch to remember how to get back.

Not using a map as I have walked it many times. During the day it is a bitch when it is hot, and after a lot of beers it is a bitch to remember how to get back.

Walk along second road until you come to soi dianna at kiss restaurant and walk up soi dianna. Whats difficult about that? I agree its a sweaty walk, but so is any walk over a few hundred metres in los. Anyway, if you like beer, blowjobs , good food , threesomes , watersports or any other sexual encounter you could dream up, its all available in LK Metro. WTF is not to like?

What hotel did you stay in and when was it?

So use a baht bus or a motorbike taxi. Where do you like to stay that you have to avoid walking?

Well, I have one block from Walking street.

See, to me it's far less interesting and convenient to stay there. There's better food and more diverse to be had at the Soi Buakhao area, the hotels are better, and it's more centrally located.

From the sounds of it, do you mostly hang out on Walking?

See, to me it's far less interesting and convenient to stay there. There's better food and more diverse to be had at the Soi Buakhao area, the hotels are better, and it's more centrally located.

From the sounds of it, do you mostly hang out on Walking?

I think he usually stays in Jomtien but obviously doesnt mind walking a couple of miles and its a special non sweaty route :bigsmile:

Mr Magoo, Why the relutance to say where and when you were in LK Metro. I guess you still didnt meet any BMs that can confirm your existence. Same as last time.

I think he usually stays in Jomtien but obviously doesnt mind walking a couple of miles and its a special non sweaty route

Actually, I used to live in Jomtien. if I got drunk in Pattaya, I simply made it to second raod, got on a bautbus and rode home - No transfers and no drama.

Mr Magoo, Why the relutance to say where and when you were in LK Metro.

It was a guesthouse that stated that they had wired internet - They did for maybe 4 hours a day. I forgot the name.

I guess you still didnt meet any BMs that can confirm your existence. Same as last time.

I resent this remark. I am known to Bruce and Ben, among others.

I do not have to confirm anything.

Actually, I used to live in Jomtien. if I got drunk in Pattaya, I simply made it to second raod, got on a bautbus and rode home - No transfers and no drama.

It was a guesthouse that stated that they had wired internet - They did for maybe 4 hours a day. I forgot the name.

I resent this remark. I am known to Bruce and Ben, among others.

I do not have to confirm anything.

I know you stayed in Jomtien, you told me before. I think you said you stayed 9 months. I remember that, yet you dont remember the name of the guesthouse you stayed at recently. Theres even less drama getting from LK Metro to WS. Your not making much sense.

I asked if youd met anyone yet because you accused me previously of being a troll and of being Mulphy before on a thread you were trashing LK Metro ( some things never change

I told you I was at Jasmine Mansion for a few months and I have met many BMs and you could send someone round to check on me. I asked you to return the courtesy and prove you werent a troll or another BM, but you couldnt say of any BM you had met and could only say you had stayed in Jomtien a few years ago for 9 months. Thats why I asked you to confirm if youd met anyone yet. Resent it all you want, but if you go about accusing people of being troll, you should be prepared to answer the same accusation yourself. You didnt, still havent, and now forget where you stayed in LK Metro. Nuff said.

I know you stayed in Jomtien, you told me before. I think you said you stayed 9 months. I remember that, yet you dont remember the name of the guesthouse you stayed at recently. Theres even less drama getting from LK Metro to WS. Your not making much sense.

I asked if youd met anyone yet because you accused me previously of being a troll and of being Mulphy before on a thread you were trashing LK Metro ( some things never change :wanker ). Groundhog day eh.

I told you I was at Jasmine Mansion for a few months and I have met many BMs and you could send someone round to check on me. I asked you to return the courtesy and prove you werent a troll or another BM, but you couldnt say of any BM you had met and could only say you had stayed in Jomtien a few years ago for 9 months. Thats why I asked you to confirm if youd met anyone yet. Resent it all you want, but if you go about accusing people of being troll, you should be prepared to answer the same accusation yourself. You didnt, still havent, and now forget where you stayed in LK Metro. Nuff said.

jamie , i think your on to something . <grin

Anyway, if you like beer, blowjobs , good food , threesomes , watersports or any other sexual encounter you could dream up, its all available in LK Metro. WTF is not to like?

Nuff said!

Really???

To get to Jomtiem, you go to 2nd road and get on a bahtbus - Any one - No need to try to figure out if it is going the right direction.

To get to this Soi, you have to figure out where is is going, get on the right one, and then get off, cross the street, and wait for another bus.

Mulphy before on a thread you were trashing LK Metro ( some things never change :bigsmile: ). Groundhog day eh.

never trashed the place. Mulphy was touting the area as the next walking street 9for his own personal gain), and I was simply stating that it was a nice local bar area, like the darkside or Jomtiem.

I see that Mulphy is still at it.

Well my personell opinion, Alexs review is 100% CORRECT (okay maybe walking times may be a bit optermistic to non Olimpic Walkers :D ).

I remember The "Lk Metro New small Walking st thread" and replys it gained :D :D

So I went and had a look for myself (and mates with me) and we really enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the area :thumbup (Yes I now count Mulphy as a good Patts friend)And love spending time at his bar and other in area.

I think Mulphy has given a VERY fair review of area and yes it seems to be changing for the better every time I have been there(last trip Aug/Sep 2008).One thing I really like that gave the place a great casual feel is No traffic after certain time in afternoon (fantastic Idea).So you can mingle or have a cigerette outside bars and take in the friendly laid back atmosphere of the area.No its not walking street but I dont go there for that in your face atmosphere.For that i tend to go to :bigsmile: Walking st, funny enough.

Oh yeah and by the way I find it very very easy to get to any area in Patts from LK.Geuss I must be a lucky man as well as a Hansum one :nod :nod

All the best

Bruiser

No traffic after certain time in afternoon (fantastic Idea).So you can mingle or have a cigerette outside bars and take in the friendly laid back atmosphere of the area..... cut cut..
Yeah great idea, they should copy that on Walking St....

Can't say I noticed anybody going outside to smoke in that area. I was in Oasis and there seemed to be no restriction.... that law failed.

Edited by jacko

Stayed at Mulphy's place (The Rockhouse which is excellent value btw) throughout October and not once did i ever have a problem getting anywhere.

Travelling south towards Walking street i find very quick and relatively traffic free. 5 minutes at worst in my opinion. Short walk down from 2nd road and your on Walking street. Not much different to when i stayed at Residence garden as far as the amount of walking involved. Perhaps an extra hundred yards in total.

As for getting home its a doddle.

Walk up from Walking St to 2nd road. Jump onto ANY Baht bus heading towards Mikes Shopping Mall ( north) and get off at....... wait for it........... Mikes shopping Mall. Walk up Soi Diana and bang.. your home.

Even drunk i consider that easy.

Bars and other entertainment wise LK Metro wipes the floor with Jomtien. There is no real comparison betwen the two.

Really???

To get to Jomtiem, you go to 2nd road and get on a bahtbus - Any one - No need to try to figure out if it is going the right direction.

To get to this Soi, you have to figure out where is is going, get on the right one, and then get off, cross the street, and wait for another bus.

If the baht buses confuse you, theres motorbike taxis at each end of LK Metro. Honestly, its not difficult to get anywhere from LK Metro. If it was, I wouldnt stay there.

Next time were in Patts at the same time, jump a motorbike from sleepy Jomtien :ang2 and I will pay it and have a beer ready for you in LK Metro. I can show you the the benefits of staying in that area, from friendly bars to excellent eating places,buffets, massage places etc, and the obvious Gogos, coyotees and sex clubs , live music, poolhall, markets , 24 hour internet cafes, good coffee. Whats not to like?

Really???

never trashed the place. Mulphy was touting the area as the next walking street 9for his own personal gain), and I was simply stating that it was a nice local bar area, like the darkside or Jomtiem.

I see that Mulphy is still at it.

Yes, Mulphy is still promoting his bar. The day someone stops promoting their business is the day it starts going downhill. Business takes constant promotion. Did you see the photos of the 3rd anniversary party. Mobbed. I missed a good night . I listened to a radio interview with the owner of the company that won british business of the year ( King of shaves). The guy is relentless. He promotes it on every medium and constantly pushes it. I actually admire that in a business owner. Dont understand how it irritates you, but would guess youve never owned a successful business.

See you in LK 2guns

If the baht buses confuse you, theres motorbike taxis at each end of LK Metro. Honestly, its not difficult to get anywhere from LK Metro. If it was, I wouldnt stay there.

How you find out which way the busses go will confuse anyone - Try reading the signs on the window...

Agree that it is not difficult, just confusing.

Yes, Mulphy is still promoting his bar. The day someone stops promoting their business is the day it starts going downhill. Business takes constant promotion.

No problems promoting a bar - Big problems touting to the world that it is the next walking street when in reality; it is just a nice little neighborhood area, like the dark side or Jomtiem.

Why can't he just be honest?

Why can't he just be honest?

He believed it would be the new walking Street. Invested in his belief. Maybe still does believeit. Probably more wishful thinking than dishonesty. Its maybe still on the up. Maybe WS will be sanitised for family tourists. Then its anybodies guess as to whether P4P will go to LK/ Buakaow/Naklua or Darkside. The present economic turmoil has maybe changed everything though. As a place to stay, I think that area is amongst the best. Theres a stretch of soi buakaow, soi Honey, soi dianna, soi lk metro , soi chaiyapoon and to a lesser extent recently, soi lengkee where you will definately get sucked, fucked, fed, housed, massaged or entertained more than anywhere other than WS. If theres a more concentrated area than that, I would like to know. Please.