Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Football for England Games World Cup?

Come on guys who have been here a lot longer than me.

Where will be the place with the best atmosphere for the England Games?

I'm looking for a good base with lots of lads singing and dancing with a good atmos.

Just this once BG's are not essential part of decor but if they are tere will be ignored for these few occaisions. As I will

a. Be watching the game and

b. Have the better 3/4's with me.

Cheers

would love to join you mate, fly out on June 10th.

Sadly, by the looks of things in Bangkok, it looks like i'll be staying home, Like Barry, Hargreaves, Scholes..........

Edited by bellfunk

I'm looking for a good base with lots of lads singing and dancing with a good atmos.

Just this once BG's are not essential part of decor but if they are tere will be ignored for these few occaisions. As I will

Cheers

Perhaps you could make your way to Fallujah.

Sadly, by the looks of things in Bangkok, it looks like i'll be staying home, Like Barry, Hargreaves, Scholes..........

Stop being a POOFTER :banghead just get to BKK and fuck off straight down to Pattaya :party :beer

Cheers

You'll have to find somewhere with a HD satellite set-up to get the coverage from True, otherwise you'll be watching the Thai coverage on Channels 3/7.

OT:Has Scholes learned to tackle yet?(I already know the answer).

Go see Adam at cherry bar ,sure he will be up for the world cup ,also ask him about the world cup competion i have created and sent him,its based on a point system and forcasting which teams and scores in each game.

Here in Khon Kaen one bar owner has started this competion ,so should be good atmosphere as chance to win prizes

Also for fun come join my league,beat the experts in Issan HAHA,even my lady has made selection

This message is from Dr Mick who is challenging you to play ESPN Soccernet Bracket Predictor on ESPN.com.

First select which two teams will advance out of each the eight groups. The order you select them - 1st or 2nd - determines where they are placed in the 16-team bracket. Then predict the winner of the 15 bracket matches throughout the Finals. All picks lock with the first kickoff on Friday, June 11, 2010. Good luck!

Get in the action now:

http://games.espn.go.com/bpredictor/en/group?groupID=11694

Group: Thailand Xpats and Friend

Edited by Dr Mick
You'll have to find somewhere with a HD satellite set-up to get the coverage from True, otherwise you'll be watching the Thai coverage on Channels 3/7.

I've been seeing adverts on True that the World Cup will be broadcast in HD via UBC.

Would a standard (pre-HD) UBC satellite receiver be able to pick up the broadcast and show it on a non-HD display?

I was drinking with Adam all day yesterday on the Reccy for the Darkside crawl but never thought to ask him.

I'll nip down there and see him - Willl give me an excuse to have a beer or 3 in Cherry.

Shagwells on Soi Arunothai,have installed 2 52 inch screens and hd box for the world cup games,and they also have a cheeky room next door lol.

BTW

I have nothing to do with the place,just got here sometimes as only 10 mins walk to my house

Stop being a POOFTER :D just get to BKK and fuck off straight down to Pattaya :thumbup :unsure:

Gonna leave it to last minute mate.

Praying to get out with you, but wife & boss saying don't go to risky, can see why the boss says so, the company insurance and health care policy covers me to be out there !

Thought the wife would be ok, she gets £2mil if i snuff it !

I've been seeing adverts on True that the World Cup will be broadcast in HD via UBC.

Would a standard (pre-HD) UBC satellite receiver be able to pick up the broadcast and show it on a non-HD display?

I cant see why not its only the output (HDMI) on the box thats different to your usual RF or scart the signals coming in are the same :D

Shagwells on Soi Arunothai,have installed 2 52 inch screens and hd box for the world cup games,and they also have a cheeky room next door lol.

BTW

I have nothing to do with the place,just got here sometimes as only 10 mins walk to my house

Where is Soi Arunothai ?

Never heard of it. I live on Khaotalo BTW

I'm very easily confused on this stuff, but apparently not. I have HD service from Comcast in the US, and you can not see a thing on regular TVs when you turn them to the HD channel.

Here's the TrueVisions pitch which has a list of what True says you need: in sum, the True delivery, the True-provided receiver, and a fully HD-capable TV.

http://www.truevisionstv.com/minipage.aspx...e=52&mode=3

I'm very easily confused on this stuff, but apparently not. I have HD service from Comcast in the US, and you can not see a thing on regular TVs when you turn them to the HD channel.

Here's the TrueVisions pitch which has a list of what True says you need: in sum, the True delivery, the True-provided receiver, and a fully HD-capable TV.

http://www.truevisionstv.com/minipage.aspx...e=52&mode=3

Damn, joe. That's all in Thai and I don't have my decoder ring on tonight. I clicked the English option and it didn't change either.

But, oddly enough, the Chang Beer promo sales guy came by tonight and said that every bar would have to pay an impost to show the World Cup games in the venue.

It's similar to those music police guys. He said if we bought copious quantities of Chang products, there would be no extra charge.

I told my manager to tell him to fuck off, but she (quite rightly) continued to speak with him. I'll try to get the story from her tomorrow as to what the "rules" are regarding showing World Cup games in a public place.

Frankly, I think it's a scam, since UBC/True will show the games based on your subscription package, not on some silly paper license you can show to the authorities.

Frankly, I think it's a scam, since UBC/True will show the games based on your subscription package, not on some silly paper license you can show to the authorities.

It may be a scam, but it's definitely legal. Thai and international law both, you have to buy a special licence to show live stuff in a bar. In the US, bars have to buy very special packages, not just a subscription. Chang owns the World Cup, Chang makes the rules who can watch it. They have a mind to, they can make it quite uncomfortable for those who don't follow their rules.

Nice little bar you've got here. Be a shame if anything happened to the TV sets.

It may be a scam, but it's definitely legal. Thai and international law both, you have to buy a special licence to show live stuff in a bar. In the US, bars have to buy very special packages, not just a subscription. Chang owns the World Cup, Chang makes the rules who can watch it. They have a mind to, they can make it quite uncomfortable for those who don't follow their rules.

Nice little bar you've got here. Be a shame if anything happened to the TV sets.

I guess we'll be trying to move a lot of Chang in June then.

My point is that if they want to restrict the viewership to those who pay for "the license" to show the World Cup, it should be part of the True subscription package, not just some dodgy Thai guy coming in and saying you have to pay for it, even though you already have it available under your current subscription.

This is just some attempt by Thais to make some money from something they think people want to see. If Chang owns the rights, then why don't they make the games come on at a decent time in Thailand?

If Chang owns the rights, then why don't they make the games come on at a decent time in Thailand?

They might own the rights to show the games live in LOS, but I hardly think they can dictate when the matches are played in South Africa..

They might own the rights to show the games live in LOS, but I hardly think they can dictate when the matches are played in South Africa..

They certainly could dictate when they are shown on TV, though, like at 10am, noon and 2pm, three days after the matches were played.

Repeat "could".

They certainly could dictate when they are shown on TV, though, like at 10am, noon and 2pm, three days after the matches were played.

Repeat "could".

And then they wouldn't be live Joe...... :allright

Surely even Chang cannot show them before they are played..... :beer

Where is Soi Arunothai ?

Never heard of it. I live on Khaotalo BTW

Right opposite Carrefor,about 5 mins walk max.Nice bar and a very relaxing enviroment,reasonable beer prices too

The Carrefour on the Klang ?
Yes, if you are on Klang heading away from the beach... just after Carrefour, there are a set of traffic lights. Turn right at those lights for Soi Arunothai.

Shagwell Mansions and Outback Bar

Edited by jacko