Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The Ashes series starts tomorrow

Bowled by warnie I believe since it was his car he had borrowed :nod

Breaking news! Shane Warne says he will get fit and return to Test cricket, if he is given Ponting's job for two years. I would love to see that. :llaugh

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When thing's get desperate ditch the Bollinger & reach for a Beer. :llaugh

Who the feck is Micheal Beer?

The reality is, he's got no international experience and it's a big call from us to throw him into this position," Australian chairman of selectors Andrew Hilditch said of Beer's call-up.

"But everything we get back is (he is) someone who is going to handle that pressure, which is critical."

Hilditch denied Beer's selection, the biggest stunner since Peter Taylor was given a baggy green cap against England in 1986/97, was desperate.

:nod

When thing's get desperate ditch the Bollinger & reach for a Beer. :thumbup

Who the feck is Micheal Beer?

:unsure:

If it has not come to your attention, Beer is a left-arm spinner and Bollinger is a fast bowler. If it was not for the countless Australian cricketers playing county cricket in England, and teaching you how to play the game properly, your country would not be in such a strong position. I also want to remind you of the many Auistralian coaches you have had in England for many years. :D

Edited by Gonzo
If it has not come to your attention, Beer is a left-arm spinner and Bollinger is an opening batsman. If it was not for the countless Australian cricketers playing county cricket in England, and teaching you how to play the game properly, your country would not be in such a strong position. I also want to remind you of the many Auistralian coaches you have had in England for many years. :unsure:

Well Bollinger certainly ain't no opening bowler is he ,so he may aswell play as an opening batsman ,he probably has a better average against England than Phil Hughes anyway :thumbup

We only use Aussies thesedays as a form of amusement :D ,if we want topclass cricketers we only have to change some bygone law's & pluck the best sarf afrikans from under their selectors noses.job done.

Well Bollinger certainly ain't no opening bowler is he ,so he may aswell play as an opening batsman ,he probably has a better average against England than Phil Hughes anyway :thumbup

We only use Aussies thesedays as a form of amusement :D ,if we want topclass cricketers we only have to change some bygone law's & pluck the best sarf afrikans from under their selectors noses.job done.

I must agree with you on England importing their best sportsmen from other countries for a long time, instead of assisting homegrown talent to be their sporting heroes. I don't quite understand that and it is rather sad. :unsure:

I must agree with you on England importing their best sportsmen from other countries for a long time, instead of assisting homegrown talent to be their sporting heroes. I don't quite understand that and it is rather sad. :allright

So true.

I remember when my county team Middlesex, had Thomo' Bowling at one end and Joel Garner at the other.

What chance for a young English bowler to compete with them ?

Personally, I prefer slower, more accurate and thoughtful bowlers like John Embury a few years ago. The mind game between bowler and batsman, was more entertaining. Bowler changing length, batsman coming up the wicket....... :lol:

So true.

I remember when my county team Middlesex, had Thomo' Bowling at one end and Joel Garner at the other.

What chance for a young English bowler to compete with them ?

Personally, I prefer slower, more accurate and thoughtful bowlers like John Embury a few years ago. The mind game between bowler and batsman, was more entertaining. Bowler changing length, batsman coming up the wicket....... :thumbup

I had the privilege to watch the W.I. attack (Garner, Croft, Holding and Marshall) destroy the Aussies in a one-day match in 1983. I could not find the video, so I am showing an earlier one.

The Australian selectors must be on drugs!

No, they have been on the piss for the last few years, since they retired from being active players. It's an Australian tradition. :thumbup

Hussey is extremely well liked by his team mates but Ponting is the man. Great captain, great leader and great batsmen and totally loyal to his team. I think Clarke will be the next and if he is injured I reckon they'll go with Haddin (but just my humble opinion).

He is a shit Captain and a fukn sook, simple.

He WAS a great batsman but has always had great players under him whilst he was Captain in the past, even then he managed to lose in England. He has lost two series in England, and has no idea of tactics, please explain to me why is a great Captain????????????

To repeat what I said before a ball in this series was bowled, Australian cricket needs a massive shake up, from the selectors down it is nothing but a cock sucking boys club. Sack the selectors and for Christ sake start picking the best players in the country.

Well done to England, best team wins.....no doubt, very interested to see how this great Captain Ponting handles the pressure, about as much guts as an Easter egg I would suggest just as he showed in the two test so far.

I had the privilege to watch the W.I. attack (Garner, Croft, Holding and Marshall) destroy the Aussies in a one-day match in

You just reminded me of that commentators gaff during a test match with the W.I.

" The bowlers Holding- the batsman's Willie !" :allright

I once helped Joel Garner clear the teams rum ration through customs at Heathrow. I had piled 10 boxes ( all with his name on ) up, before he came down to collect them. I said " Blimey Joel how much rum you got ? "

" Well, it's along tour and we gives it to de udder teams too as a present " he replied.

He was worried about Customs, as the others had gone through already. I went with him to the red channel to see if I knew the officers on duty. The pair of us and two others with trolleys loaded with rum, peered aroung the door like school boys at the headmasters office. The two officers on duty took one look, laughed and waved us through. Joel offered them a bottle each, but the refused- pity I might have got one too.

He ain't 'arf tall mum. :rolleyes:

As much as it hurts me to say it.... the poms are a lot better side than we are now. To bring back Hughes who is averaging 15 for the season, Smith who will play and bat at 6, when he is not making runs for NSW & pick an unheard of spinner, sorry boys - but us aussies are screwed.

Think it will soon be time to go through with a broom. Although if we didn't have Hussey, we would have been a total embarasement.

Lets look at a few of the younger blokes around the place - Ferguson, Christian, George, Kuwaja, Cameron etc..

I have enjoyed Pontings career, but he getting toward the end, Clarke will need to find form soon, or he can have a spell, Johnson is a disgrace & should go back to state cricket, Bolinger should never wear a baggy green cap again. Hillfy on thin ice. North dropped, but should have never played in this series on form.

Hope we can salvage something from the wreck, and put up a better performance in the old dart in 2 years time.

My 2 cents

Cluster

Is this the ultimate dummy spit??? :rolleyes:

Discarded Australia bowler Nathan Hauritz flogs training kit after being overlooked again

Nathan Hauritz has signalled his frustration at being frozen out by Australia by giving away his Test kit.

The off-spinner sat in front of his Sydney flat and handed out his gear, stored in a cardboard box.

Hauritz, 29, who has played 17 Tests and taken 63 wickets, was ousted by novice left-armer Xavier Doherty for the first two Ashes Tests and uncapped Michael Beer for the third.

He responded by giving away jumpers and selling training kit. Hauritz said: ‘I don’t play for them (Australia) any more.’

He won't make a comeback. Mind you how good is he going now he is in love with Liz Hurley!

Yeah- hes too busy coming over her back.....

What a tart she is. There will always be room in the world for a tart tho'. :P

So, she has an actor, Indian tycoon and now a cricketer in her cards- wouldn't want to play her at Top Trumps. :D