Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 210 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

The Ashes series starts tomorrow

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geez I got all excited thinking the test started today and we could commence belting the poms. Incredibly depressed now that I have to wait till tomorrow :nod

It is on in earnest tomorrow. May the best team win, the Aussies. :thumbup

Well lads- never underestimate the power of denial ! :rolleyes:

Got the weather forecast ready ? :P

LOL.....ok the weather report is for 5 beautiful days of blue skies!

England win the toss and send the Aussies in to bat?.....crazy?....maybe.....cocky and confident?....definately!!!

They want to get on top from the very start and get at the new opener Hughes....they will bounce him plenty.

If Hughes can get runs.....we can turn this series around!

It is a great atmosphere at the WACA......Aussies are at the crease now!......bring it on!

Edited by Rickster59
OMG!!!

3 FOR 28 after 38 minutes!!

I am going to go mow the lawns..................... :P

Look at it this way Rickster..... at least you don't have to scrape 3 foot of snow off them first!

Cluster

Edited by cluster
Look at it this way Rickster..... at least you don't have to scrape 3 foot of snow off them first!

Cluster

Plus the salt water from all that crying may make the grass greener ! :yikes:

Plus the salt water from all that crying may make the grass greener ! :yikes:

All out for 268.

Thank God the tail wagged.....and showed some of the top order batsmen how its done. But it was Englands day.

Tomorrow is another day. I hope we can bowl well.....

My lawns look great! :thumbup

Well day 1 was all the english again, certainly didn't go to plan for us Aussies except for the tail saving us - great effort Mitchell Johnson and Siddle. Fingers crossed they do the same today. Roll on day 2 !!

Plus the salt water from all that crying may make the grass greener ! :bigsmile:

Salt water generally kills grass..... a bit like that bloody Cook is doing to our bowlers.

Think we should have played Beer...... may be the only Beer the blokes in the green hats deserve!

Cluster

Edited by cluster
Salt water generally kills grass.....

Cluster

Oh. so that's why the wickets are so brown at The Ashes games ! :bigsmile:

Is it the tears of joy, or despair doing it ? :bigsmile:

Looking forward to todays play the tail wagged for Auss but you guys have to give us a bit more credit.

We are bowling, and fielded well for the past three tests.

Still an early couple of break throughs this morning and it's game on.

:clueless

SDC11334_280_833400_836011a.jpg

Okay day 2 just started

England none for 29, lets get stuck into it boys

Tough times dont last ,Tough people do!!!

BTW Yeah England have been playing out of there skins last 3 test,good to see such a great competition between the old foes......

Oh. so that's why the wickets are so brown at The Ashes games ! :clueless

Is it the tears of joy, or despair doing it ? :devil

Well from the last series out here when we kicked your white flabby arses 5-0 it was tears of laughter at how pathetice you mob were!

I concede its a case of tears of pain this time round..... Watson & Haddin fuck up a catch as i type.......

Cluster

Here we come

The Aussie on top first session 2nd day

British loose 4 wickets first session ,The quicks are giving it to the Poms

Ponting even got a turn over decsion on a LBW :beer :beer

HAS the wheel TURNED our way :bigsmile: :beer

Gotta love a test match ,more twists and turns than a Chubby Checker dance competion :clueless :devil :bigsmile:

Poms 6/149 now - hey Bruiser maybe, just maybe we are on the way back!

:chogdee

Cluster

Both teams have decided, the only way to get you lot through the Turnstiles on the fifth day, is to give your team a result on the second. Lets see how many of you have more important things like jobs to go to, if your team are on top. :wub:

Griffin Park was almost empty on Tuesday. Now I know how the Barmy Army feel at Ashes games ! :chogdee

That's the last time I advise an Aussie bowler to go over the wicket when bowling. That Johnston bloke must read this forum.

I still think he has a 'chucker' action, almost like a baseball pitcher ! :rolleyes:

Edited by nidnoyham

Great recovery for the Australians!!!

Great bowling effort after a scratchy start. But onece again Hughes, Ponting and Clark go quickly....and its left to Hussey, Watson and Haddin to make some decent runs.

But it was the Aussies day today. Great to see Johnson get back to form and take some big wickets.

Hey Funky.....while I agree this England team has bowled, batted and fielded well......I am still undecided on how to rate them. I dont know if they are so good.....or our team is just so bad. I will wait untill the end of the series to make judgement....but they sure have taken some great catches.....and that hasn't happened in the past. In contrast....the Aussies are dropping plenty....can't buy a run out....and that is unusual for our side.

This series may well be decided on the result in this Test at the WACA. If the Aussies can win it.......it will be a huge confidence booster going into the Boxing Day Test at the MCG.

Is Kevin Pieterson really a poofter? Being a homo in South Africa seems to be quite acceptable. :thumbup Fancy asking Mitchell Johnson for his phone number and then being offended for being called a smart arse. In all seriousness, all this sledging by your Pommie boys has to stop. :clueless

I think Smith and Hussey have more lives than a cat. Bad luck for Watson to get so close to his ton and miss out again. He seems to have a knack for getting close to a hundred runs before loosing his wicket. We have a lead of just on under 300 runs at lunch. I reckon we need plenty more with so much time left in this test. Funky, you are still in with a hope. :grin-jump