Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

VIP Bus service from Patts to Issan Khon Khon with Pics

I have created this topic as I have read many postings wanting to Know about how to travel from Pattaya to Issan ,the bus or to Fly.

Well I have done both.

But for me I would use the bus all the time as the journey seems shorter by the bus as I can sleep 4 hours at least using the bus service.

The pics shown is the 407 bus service from Pattaya to Issan Khon Kaen ,does go to other cities.

The only problem is that I have found the 407 service takes 1 hour longer than Chan Tours due to the route it takes.

The Chan Tours VIP seats are also very good .

Always book advance so you can book the downstairs seating area.

The cost is about 500 bhts one way.

Journey time is from about 8/9 hours ,buses about 10am and a evening service ,unsure of time

Pattaya_long_week_end_Nov_2010_001.jpg

Pattaya_long_week_end_Nov_2010_003.jpg

Pattaya_long_week_end_Nov_2010_004.jpg

Pattaya_long_week_end_Nov_2010_006.jpg

Pattaya_long_week_end_Nov_2010_015.jpg

Mick, is that a VIP 24 i.e. 3 seats across?

Yes both 407 service and Chan Tours dowstairs VIP seating is 3 across ,2 seats together and 1 single.

ONLY 7 seats available downstairs

Please note if you book VIP upstairs 100 bhts cheaper but 4 seats across ,go for downstair seating all the time ,so book in advance as these seats do get booked up.

3 days advance should be ok.

Edited by Dr Mick
Yes both 407 service and Chan Tours dowstairs VIP seating is 3 across ,2 seats together and 1 single.

ONLY 7 seats available downstairs

Please note if you book VIP upstairs 100 bhts cheaper but 4 seats across ,go for downstair seating all the time ,so book in advance as these seats do get booked up.

3 days advance should be ok.

Are the toilets well maintained? I always try to plan well ahead regarding drinking any liquids if I'm going to take a bus some where. I'd hate to be captive and possibly unable to drain the lizard.

Thanks for the heads up, Mick.

Are the toilets well maintained? I always try to plan well ahead regarding drinking any liquids if I'm going to take a bus some where. I'd hate to be captive and possibly unable to drain the lizard.

Thanks for the heads up, Mick.

Yes toilets downstairs ,but may find floor a little wet so wear your shoes haha

Also if going to Khon Kaen a rest stop for about 20 minutes just outside Korrat ,thats about 4 hours travel before this stop.

Also Thai food and drinks given ,mind you I always take a couple of farang samdwiches with me.

Mick, that is very useful. Thank you.

However, I need to be spoon fed! Where do you book and where does the bus leave from, please?

Does the same bus go all the way to Khon Kaen or do you change buses at Korat?

Great stuff, Mick.

If you need to go someplace 407 doesn't go, you can try Nakhonchai Bus Service

For an equivalent level of comfort to what you describe, click on the NCA First Class bus picture.

I must say Nakhonchai air bus company ,the first class service which is higher standard than the Nakhonchai air VIP gold service ,but can only catch from BKK if I want to go to Khon Kaen

The first class service which I think only run twice a day ,I think about 11am and about 11pm is the best buses I have every used in Thailand ,single decker bus ,but only 3 seats across ,great reclining seats,own tv and movie channels ,good food and service staff and time takes 6 hours from BKK to Khon Kaen,but if in Pattaya it would take you 2/3 hours by taxi to get to their BKK bus station.

I do wish this company did

have route from Khon Kaen to Pattaya as I would use all the time.

Their VIP gold class are also great buses but have less room as there are 4 seats across.

These buses run every hour from BKK up till about 11pm at night.

Please note I have used the first class but beaware these seat can be booked up very fast ,so best to book at least 2 weeks advance.

Mick, that is very useful. Thank you.

However, I need to be spoon fed! Where do you book and where does the bus leave from, please?

Does the same bus go all the way to Khon Kaen or do you change buses at Korat?

The 407 bus service and Chan tour bus company have their own bus station pick up at Pattaya Klang area

Best way to find ask a moto taxi or a Issan Bar lady ,will sure know.

I know the day staff at Metro appartments on soi LK know ,as these ladies have booked my seats before.

Sorry I have lost telephone numbers of these companies.

Unsure if a web site.

Book about 3 days before travel as downstair seating is 3 across 2 together and 1 single seat

Total seat downstairs ,only 7

Upstair seating is 4 across ,so less room ,but I still think ok but always try to get downstairs.

Yes the downstair seating are very comfotable ,and seats recline very much ,also chair has massage settings,

I did not need this as I had Lin with Me haha.

Also food and drinks provided ,but I always take a couple of farang sandwiches.

Also their is a 20 minute snack/smoke break just before getting into Korrat

Buses come from Rayong ,then Pattaya ,Korrat ,Khon Kaen ,Undon Thani then I think Nong Kai ,you to check this.

They have the stewardess working on those busses?

On the Nakonchai air yes

On the others I would not class as stewardess,but employees just handing out the food and drinks and checking your tickets

Edited by Dr Mick

Great imformative thread Mick :thumbup ,thanks very much.

Will have to use this service to come on up to Koen Khen eventually.And not wimp out due to a gout attack(god Im a softie :clueless :chogdee :banghead )

Hope all going great for you and Lyne.

All the est Mate

Will have to use this service to come on up to Khon Khen eventually.And not wimp out due to a gout attack(god Im a softie :clueless :chogdee :banghead )

All the best Mate

Will have to use this service to come on up to Koen Khen eventually.And not wimp out due to a gout attack(god Im a softie :clueless :chogdee :banghead )

All the est Mate

Be great to see you ,you will have agreat time with me and Lin

I should have a mate coming in Feb ,ozzy jeff

a mate in March may come ,Hair Loss

Also Tony from Las Vagas making plans

I might have to start to open a guest house here in Khon Kaen haha

By the way, the reason I mentioned Nakhonchai was because 407 doesn't go to Ubon Ratchatani, and that's where I'd be going.

Unfortunately, you are right, Nakhon doesn't have a convenient Pattaya pickup like 407.

• 3 weeks later...
By the way, the reason I mentioned Nakhonchai was because 407 doesn't go to Ubon Ratchatani, and that's where I'd be going.

Unfortunately, you are right, Nakhon doesn't have a convenient Pattaya pickup like 407.

Something amiss I fear - I may be wrong, but my Thai Wife is booking Nakhonchai Air VIP Bus from here ( Ubonrathcthani) To BKK soon, for our trip to UK again. dontheturner

• 2 years later...

It's not glamour but they have one now, just about 100 meters SE of the 407 office (which is by the petrol station just north of Pattaya Klang).

NahkonChai air stationPats.png

407 bus station.png

Something amiss I fear - I may be wrong, but my Thai Wife is booking Nakhonchai Air VIP Bus from here ( Ubonrathcthani) To BKK soon, for our trip to UK again. dontheturner

http://www.waymarkin...onburi_Thailand

http://www.waymarkin...attaya_Thailand

It's on the sign above (in Pattaya) , and on the schedule.

http://www.nakhoncha....com/runway.php

Get a friendly Thai lady to read it to you.

Yes, I found the NakhonChai Air terminal shortly after this topic...it's just south of Pattaya Klang (as Sa-teef shows) on Sukhimvit. I have yet to take one, but the missus uses them regularly. She says they are very nice.

I was in Patts Feb and we caught a "VIP" bus from Pattaya to Caiyaphum (sorry don't know name or anything as missus got MB taxi and got the tickets day before) only thing was it didn't leave until 6 in the evening (I think there is one at 6 in the morning....too early for me). Wasn't bad but would prefer to travel at a better time, pretty pissed by 6 at night :bhappy .

Anyway coming back we caught a bus to Bangkok - it left at 1 in the morning but was at Mochit bus station in 4 1/4 hours, pretty bloody quick!!!