Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Post your favorite music

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Outdated sad old pensioners,,,good for the nostalgy... I can understand.it ...but not for me....I look better forward.... ( OK.. to be honest... when I was young even then, they were more noise for me

I'm sure many people in the Uk are familiar with this………But forgive me, living in Thailand, I wasn't….. Today I entered another youtube wormhole and came across it.   I'm not sure why I filled up

The energy and skills of this guy seem quite amazing to me.   http://youtu.be/lhY6uIvt6yg

Posted Images

even early aussie tv 64

regards

grayray

The Bee gees wrote all of their own music. According to Wikipedia, only Elvis Presley, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Garth Brooks and Paul McCartney outsold the Bee Gees. Thanks for finding and posting the early Bee Gees videos.

The Bee gees wrote all of their own music. According to Wikipedia, only Elvis Presley, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Garth Brooks and Paul McCartney outsold the Bee Gees. Thanks for finding and posting the early Bee Gees videos.

Gonzo.

i am a fan from the very early days,but a lot people thought Barry was smartarse,all the females loved the twins

this song is the all time favourite of filipinos Fredie Aguilar's Baya Ko i met the man many times over the years in Manila he would sing late on Friday nights in a bar in Malate that had all little people staffing the place,was tempted once to take out one,but did not.any way here he is think the bar was called Moppit House??no.no ya dumb cunt it was Hoppit House

http://youtu.be/n3tdVqGxspk

regards

grayray

PS.

have requested the song many times in Pattaya when i hear a filipino band playing,

they always are suprised but delighted a dumb old aussie ask for what is really their national song

Edited by grayray44

here is the Aquilar song by different band with english sub titles,Aguilar first sang this song in 78 at a music festival in manila[Marcos was still at the height of his powers] as a unknown within 2/3yrs he was the leading muso in phillippines.

http://youtu.be/eg10e4mt8f4

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray44

And there was this bird from Angeles City ...

All Filipinas can sing, probably not all as well as Lea Salonga with her highly talented and trained voice. She is a superstar in the Philippines.

+1

All Filipinas can sing, probably not all as well as Lea Salonga with her highly talented and trained voice. She is a superstar in the Philippines.

+1

Gonzo,

I took a bird from BKK to see Lea Salonga for Valentines Day. Cost me a fortune but well worth it in the end.

Talking of pinays ... In the 80s I had to do a run from Germany to Brisbane to trial a stretch version of the C130 Hercules. As things turned out, the aircraft went u/s all over the place including, for several days unfortunately, Darwin. I always had a hard job describing the nightlife in that remote corner of Oz to my mates ... at least until this movie came out. I still chuckle hard every time I watch the scene ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDu9gbuKpKc

Edited by CheshireTom
  • Upvote 1

CT.

you will spoil the blokes here showing them, high class aussie style pub entertainment,

me old mum nearly fell of her chair when she seen that scene.

Lea Salonga sing aquilars Bayan Ko great.

regards

grayray

Lea Salonga sing aquilars Bayan Ko great.

regards

grayray

ray,

I didn't know the connection, but it's what Salonga sung at Aquino's funeral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY8yWjlsagY

Keeping with an Aussie theme for a bit, I was a bit of a closet ABBA fan during that period between superstardom and the opening of Mama Mia when they weren't so cool in the UK. I think they remained hugely popular in Oz the whole time though.

The vid was live in Sydney.

Edited by CheshireTom

CT. watch post764 this thread and read the english sub titles, and you will understand better the meaning of Baya Ko.

Aquilar was the popular protest singer of the time Corey Aquino ran against Marcos.

and yes ABBA was massive in oz well before anywhere else, they was never popular as much in USA. regards grayray

Edited by grayray44