Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Post your favorite music

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure many people in the Uk are familiar with this………But forgive me, living in Thailand, I wasn't….. Today I entered another youtube wormhole and came across it.   I'm not sure why I filled up

Outdated sad old pensioners,,,good for the nostalgy... I can understand.it ...but not for me....I look better forward.... ( OK.. to be honest... when I was young even then, they were more noise for me

Posted Images

I can't work-out if it's because Rod was so good or Ronnie so……not good that Rod's entrance has such impact.

This bloke does some nice acoustic arrangements. His fluffed bits are still better than my best bits.

Edited by atlas2

Great Gonzo.

I came across this a while back and have listened to it a few times…….Hearing Dueling Banjos brought it back to mind……Though these two don't duel as such.

Although St Petersburg has its attractions I felt the music would have benefited from a back-drop of, 'porches sagging with old black men and children' and that this type of music has only one authentic setting.

But that was just my conditioned snobbery.

I think these two do a good job and it's actually a triumph to see how far, and how well the music has travelled.

So here's some good publicity for Russians for a change.

Edited by atlas2

I can't work-out if it's because Rod was so good or Ronnie so……not good that Rod's entrance has such impact.

Now you see the advantage of hiring me as a support act.

The classical guy was mostly a very nice, and well played interpretation. I had put Paul M as way below Mr Lennon, with some really twee compostitions, but that song seems to work with most interpretations.

---------------------------

I had never heard of JazzMetal until an ex student of this guy told me about him tonight. His solos are, out the box, excellent.

Eric Clapton at his usual best. I like the backup vocals as well. The two dark girls are a bit on the heavy side, but I bet they are good in bed as well.

• Upvote 1

Fuxxake Buzz, that was great. Are you a natural DJ, or am I lacking? I have never heard your Gary Moore posts, or Jeff Healey! Keep up the musical education.

Here's my meagre offering. Dr Feelgood from 1978. Good old British rhythm and blues. Nice sound. Nicely executed solo. And love the piano break than doesn't have piano!

Not many songs rate with Obsession's post #1422.

Lennon had McCartney……McCartney had Lennon….. 'They' had George Harrison and George Martin too. Together they were stronger than when they parted company.

Brian Wilson had……himself.

If like me you're interested in the creative mind and process behind a song, give this a listen. Wilson knows exactly what he wants and what the finished song will sound like.

Also I discovered……….Barny Kessle plays the songs signature introduction on a custom built 12 string guitar neck with a mandolin body and that later in the song what I've always though were mandolins being plucked is in fact a …….. Well have a listen yourself.

Here's the finished bit of 'pop'

Dedicated to good ole Martin and Pim.

"Then we'd be married………..and then we'd be happy………..Wouldn't it be nice!"

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

If like me you're interested in the creative mind and process behind a song, give this a listen. Wilson knows exactly what he wants and what the finished song will sound like.

You might like the BBC documentary, featuring Dave Grohl, about the sound desk at sound city, which was the desk an astonishing amount of classic albums were recorded on from Rumours to Neil Young, Nirvana , Tom Petty, Foreigner, Pat Benatar , The Ugly Brothers ( :whistling: ) , and was where Mick Fleetwood met Lindsay and Stevie. Last part included Paul McCartney composing a song with them ( Grohl and cohorts). Great documentary imho.

Living Colour