Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Getting hit up with a toilet fee

Just curious how others feel about this. While spending 3000 baht in an establishment, is it totally classless to be hit up for 5 baht to use the toilet? I'm not refering to the towel boys, thats a separate story.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And where might this be? Was it a open beer bar that shares toilet with other bars? If so the toilet is not operated by the bar, so out of their control. If toilet is inside the bar, I've never had that happen before and yes that would be a shame. What bar and where?

I doubt I'd spend 3k in an open air bar, but if an indoor bar wanted to charge me for using the facilities I believe I'd leave a nice soaking roll of bog paper for them to sort out after I left.

I doubt I'd spend 3k in an open air bar, but if an indoor bar wanted to charge me for using the facilities I believe I'd leave a nice soaking roll of bog paper for them to sort out after I left.

Or flush down a t-shirt in the toilet B)

I have wondered over the years why bar owners don't put a bowl of 5 baht coins on the bar for the use of their patrons. It would be a nice gesture and I am sure that it would be appreciated.

I have wondered over the years why bar owners don't put a bowl of 5 baht coins on the bar for the use of their patrons. It would be a nice gesture and I am sure that it would be appreciated.

Because customers would come in, have 1 bottle of water and 100 pisses

JIM,

You really should use this :clueless :thumbup :bigsmile: after this type of post!

Just curious how others feel about this. While spending 3000 baht in an establishment, is it totally classless to be hit up for 5 baht to use the toilet? I'm not refering to the towel boys, thats a separate story.

It might help if you described the circumstances where such a thing happened.

JIM,

You really should use this :thumbup :rotflmao :rotflmao after this type of post!

Yes Steve I believe that you could be right. It really was a ridiculous notion that places that sell alcohol (and in some cases spicy food) to farang would provide toilet facilities. :clueless :thumbup :bigsmile:

And where might this be? Was it a open beer bar that shares toilet with other bars? If so the toilet is not operated by the bar, so out of their control. If toilet is inside the bar, I've never had that happen before and yes that would be a shame. What bar and where?

Ditto.

Wherever you find Suckers you will find those that take advantage of them.

rps20110327_105521.jpg

I dont mind paying 5 baht for these shared toilets in the complex along the beach at the bottom of soi 8, it's kind of erotic listening to a girl having a shower or pissing in the cubicle while you have your cock out.

Sometimes the girls come over to checkout your manhood.

Has anyone tried a ST in the cubicles and then used the showers there

Rather than just being about the money, for me, it's more the annoyance of having to keep producing coins. :whistling: Not helped by the fact beer in particular goes right through me and I have to piss like a race horse at regular intervals, so I end up spend more money in the bar areas where you have to 'pay to piss' by ordering shorts sometimes. :rolleyes:

I can see from their point of view they might not want someone who's perhaps just passing through without spending money, using their toilets for free, but, I think beer bars should have passes which customers that are sitting and spending money at their bars can take each time they need to go, so there' no charge at these places unless you don't have a chit on the go at any of the bars.

Edited by butterflyblonde

because the thai's unlike we farangs still have the concept and live it that 20 x 5 bht is 100 bht you can get lots of smarties with 100 bht ! lol reminds me of a funny but serious story of years ago when I worked as a shop assistant in an old established local department store. I was one day talking with one of the owners and luck would have it he was the snob one the other was an absolute gentleman. Anyway the subject was money and he told me that if he thought there was 5 pence lying on the street (and he referred to a street some 1/2 mile away) he would run as fast as he could to get it before anyone else would notice it ! I thought this funny and laughed which was not appreciated. This caused him further annoyance and he walked away when I told him that was the difference between him and I that he would never have enough I was happy.

Rather than just being about the money, for me, it's more the annoyance of having to keep producing coins. :whistling: Not helped by the fact beer in particular goes right through me and I have to piss like a race horse at regular intervals, so I end up spend more money in the bar areas where you have to 'pay to piss' by ordering shorts sometimes. :rolleyes:

I can see from their point of view they might not want someone who's perhaps just passing through without spending money, using their toilets for free, but, I think beer bars should have passes which customers that are sitting and spending money at their bars can take each time they need to go, so there' no charge at these places unless you don't have a chit on the go at any of the bars.

I used to use a beer bar at Made In Thailand that had chits you'd give to the toilet lady so you didn't have to fork out any money. Of course, they were only given to customers, and probably only good customers, at that.

I still don't know what short is on about this time, though I hardly ever do.

If they charge 5 baht, they charge 5 baht. I'm not going to sit around worrying about it.

+1. Surely nobody really has an issue with 5 baht. As it happens this is one of my pet hates, but it's hygiene that is the important thing, whether they are free or not.

Edited by Wardrobe
Sois of Bangla Road.

So, it has nothing to do with Pattaya, but these are beer bars without their own toilet facilities, right?

The same issue applies...the toilet facility is not owned by the beer bar.

Jeez.

So, it has nothing to do with Pattaya, but these are beer bars without their own toilet facilities, right?

The same issue applies...the toilet facility is not owned by the beer bar.

Jeez.

All of the bars and the toilets are owned by the same entity on Soi Eric. The bars are leased to the individual bar operators.

I never said this was specific to Pattaya.

Speaking on a different variant of the issue, for every time a toilet has been used in any business by a non-customer, a paying customer left without using the toilet. Its all a wash.

rps20110327_105521.jpg

I dont mind paying 5 baht for these shared toilets in the complex along the beach at the bottom of soi 8, it's kind of erotic listening to a girl having a shower or pissing in the cubicle while you have your cock out.

Sometimes the girls come over to checkout your manhood.

Has anyone tried a ST in the cubicles and then used the showers there

Now this is a perfect example when it is proper to charge for using the toilet.