Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Now you can give feedback

At the bottom right of a poster's post is a plus and minus sign. If you like the poster/post, you can click on the plus sign. To indicate you don't like the post or poster, you can click the minus sign (we aren't PC here...sometimes Johnny isn't up to snuff).

Once you have rated a post, you cannot rate it again.

That's how I think it works anyway.. :clueless

so when i get a negative, i can run over to another forum and start a whole thread about it :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :party , weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you want to see your reputation, or that of anyone else, you can click the small icon to rhe right of the member name on the left side of the post.

For example, CheshireTom's display looks like this, where it shows he has a REPUTATION 4 in the lower right corner of the popup display. Note that the popup display points back to the icon next to the poster's name.

rep.png

Can you (MM) see who votes + & -?

I ask because of the possibility over time of "stuffing the ballot box" in a person's favor or not.I guess this coattails Midlife's post regarding someone's rep (over time).

Edited by LTGTR
  • Downvote 2

4 on a scale of?

I thought you abandoned the rep system a couple of years ago.

It's just the net of the positive and negative votes. There is no scale, aside from the total number of voters.

It was not abandoned. It was a mod and stopped working after an upgrade...and the author didn't make a compatible version. Now it's integrated into IPB, so it is there. Use or not, up to you.

Can you (MM) see who votes + & -?

I ask because of the possibility over time of "stuffing the ballot box" in a person's favor or not.I guess this coattails Midlife's post regarding someone's rep (over time).

No, I can't see who votes...I could make it so everyone, including me, can see who votes, but that would probably start a tit-for-tat sequence. I prefer people be able to vote without possible retribution.

A member can only vote once for another member, so there is no "stuffing" likely.

• Downvote 2

A member can only vote once for another member, so there is no "stuffing" likely.

I'm not positive I have the hang of this - nor do I care beyond this thread - but it seems you can vote on every post the poster makes, and every vote goes into his rep.

I think?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Pattaya Addicts had it for while and got rid of it as people were doings posts that required so many rep points before they would reveal nude pictures or the girls name. It also got abused with friends automatically adding rep point to each other for every post as well.

Edited by DP Gumbypgh
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not positive I have the hang of this - nor do I care beyond this thread - but it seems you can vote on every post the poster makes, and every vote goes into his rep.

I think?

Hell, I don't know either. :clueless

• Downvote 2

Pattaya Addicts had it for while and got rid of it as people were doings posts that required so many rep points before they would reveal nude pictures or the girls name. It also got abused with friends automatically adding rep point to each other for every post as well.

It was a feature I hated on Addicts as it seemed to be a clique situation where if you were in you voted for the clique member. I hope it never comes to that here.

Glyn.

People on this board know how they feel about other members. So to what purpose does that feature serve. Someone new, who does not know the other members, can see who is more popular with other members and who is not.

It is cliquish.

But most of us shouldn't care because the only opinion that counts is MM's.

My rep is low. When I don't like someone I put them on ignore. I don't put a label on them. There have been only a couple of hands full in my time on this board that would warrant a negative rating but I wouldn't do that to anyone. That is chicken shit imho. If you don;t like someone be upfront and tell them. Don't be anonymous about it.

I think it would be better to rate posts than individuals but I don't have a strong opinion about it.

I doubt this board will become cliquish unlike Addicts or Secrets. Most posters here, for good or ill, are not like that in my experience.

• Downvote 1