Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

new visa fee ;500 baht now 700 ?

8) 30 days to los. i sound like a neebie but who cares .is it 7oo baht now for the once 500 baht tourist visa or 900 baht. [smiley=banghead.gif]i have heard it gets real un-los if you have wrong stamp now or wrong amount of baht to leave. [smiley=flamethrower.gif] [smiley=flamethrower.gif]so someone who has just been or knows for sure  would like to know before getting there so know how much to put up for it.do not need head shaved as some mates found out recently. [smiley=behead.gif] landing soon, not soon enoudh [smiley=cheers.gif] [smiley=bonk.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] thanks for info

AJ,

I was there 2 weeks ago and it is still 500 baht to leave.  Good thing I was almost out of money. :) have fun in LOS, I really miss that place. :'(

cheers

kj

Hi aj.

As far as i know a 30 day visa if your from U.K., or certain other countries,are free. If you want to extend your visa, for 30days visa you can extend 10 days,  it was 500B. according to the Pattaya Post as from the 26 Aug. 2003 this has gone up from 500B to 1900B. Other types of visas have increased accordinglly. My friend's son was one off the people arrestted for overstaying, they state that they bought there visas in Thailand in one off the islands, you cannot get a visa for Thailand in  Thailand, you have to get it outside the country.

Cheers Doug

As I understand it you can get an extension to the 30 days in Thailand as long as its from an official Thai government establishment.

The guys who got caught bought the extensions from travel agents etc who all said they were official outlets but were not.

Apparently several Bangkok travel agents have been arrested for this scam but in true Thai style their victims have to remain in Thailand until its all sorted out.

Mind you staying in Thailand does not seem a bad option to me...

• 2 weeks later...

Current information as of October 14, 2003

Airport Tax: Departure Tax for international flight is 500 Baht.  Departure tax for domestic flight is 40 Baht

(1 US Dollar is approximately Baht 42.00)

Chiang Mai International Airport, Thailand (CNX)

General Information: The airport is 4 Miles (7 km) South of Chiangmai. Approximate travel time is 15 minutes.

Transportation: Taxi at the airport to downtown costs about 80 Baht.  There are also mini bus that costs about 40 Baht.

Airport Tax: Departure Tax for international flight is 500 Baht.  Departure tax for domestic flight is 40 Baht

Phuket Airport, Thailand

General Information: The airport is about 10 Miles (16km) North of Phuket downtown.  Approximate travel time is 25-35 minutes.

Transportation: Taxis to town are available and costs about 400-500 Baht.

Off to Thailand in:

6 days 18 hr's 55 min's 45 sec's and wheels-up. . .But who's counting?

Regards,

[smiley=devil.gif]

ff29

[smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif]

[glow=red,2,300]

"I LOVE THE FLB BAR."

[/glow]

[smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif]

Hi All,

I just left the LOS, on Oct 8th and the 'airport departure tax' was still 500 baht. The first thing I do when I arrive and exchange my first money at the airport is slip 500 baht for the 'airport departure tax' and about 300 for the taxi (BKK to the airport) in my passport.

I remember on one of my first trips, getting ready to leave the hotel at 4:00 AM going to the ariport and not having enought baht left to get our of the country. Try to exchange money at that time of the morning.

LeoTex

Hi All,

I just left the LOS, on Oct 8th and the 'airport departure tax' was still 500 baht. The first thing I do when I arrive and exchange my first money at the airport is slip 500 baht for the 'airport departure tax' and about 300 for the taxi (BKK to the airport) in my passport.

LeoTex

Great minds think alike. Its the first thing I do after changing my money up too.

I must be the paranoid one as I put away 3000baht in the passport after arrival. 500 for the tax, 1000 for the taxi, tip and snacks and beer at the airport while I wait. The other 1500 is in case of emergencies during my stay.

Then just before I have to through to the departure lounge, I change the rest of the baht left. I wish I had kept some baht now so I can just leave the airport as soon as I collect my bags instead of joining the line at the exchange booths. ::)

"I wish I had kept some baht now "

Yup, it's not a bad idea to save 4-5k of purples and reds for your next trip.  I always arrive on Northwest or United at 2300 or 2330 so I'm not looking for another line to stand-in upon arrival, just lookin' for a long hot shower!  Saving that much will get you to the hotel, buy some liquid refreshment and a bed warmer for the first (short) night. ;) ;) ;)

If you know you're addicted to Thailand it's not a matter of "if" you return, it's just a matter of "when"...

---Steve

I make it a point to have between 5-10K when I head to the airport.  In my case I plan to return in 2 months, if it were going to be over 6 months maybe a different story.

Emil