Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Any good Jazz in Pattaya?

Hi there folks. Just wondering if anyone has come across any alternative music venues. I get my fill if techno and rock at all the normal places but wonder if there is any real jazz around. I am lead to believe that there is great jazz in Bangkok but as I rarely go there have not bothered. Your thoughts for other music appreciated.

• Upvote 1

I took a girl for a drink (expensive!) at Hopf Brew House - Beach Road, corner of Soi Yamato (13/1) - a couple of nights ago. There was the most mixed music there that I have come across in Pattaya - light opera, Russian, mainstream pop and, yes, jazz.

That's one of the biggest downsides in Pattaya for me - the lack of decent music venues. There used to be a club in the Siam Bayshore called Le Telephone (I've no idea if it's still there - it was a long time ago) but I'm sure I was the only customer most nights I went in. It was a bit of a shame, because the (Filipina) singer was excellent. I seem to recall there was a bit of a crackdown on foreign musicians in an effort to promote "local" talent (some rule that only 5* places were allowed foreigners - or something along those lines) and a few venues disappeared from the scene almost overnight.

I took a girl for a drink (expensive!) at Hopf Brew House - Beach Road, corner of Soi Yamato (13/1) - a couple of nights ago. There was the most mixed music there that I have come across in Pattaya - light opera, Russian, mainstream pop and, yes, jazz.

Thanks Baz. This is now on the list of to do's. Donkeys years and I have never been in the doors!

Ditto to Tom. You should start by looking for Filipinos. But no, there's no dependable jazz on a nightly or weekly basis in Pattaya. They bring festivals down from the Big City from time to time. Also, a general ditto to Bazle, you can hear the occasional number from this band or that one, time to time - but no dedicated-jazz joints.

Also, I'm not sure that "great" or even "excellent" is the proper adjective for Bangkok jazz. They *do* have dedicated places for jazz, and you can have a really good night out. But you're not going to buy their CDs and play them for the next 20 years.

Edited by joekicker
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

PIC Kitchen Jazz Pit has been playing jazz for years. The singer, Raine, used to sing at FLB with the Ugly Brothers, but she couldn't stand working with them :P

PIC Kitchen Jazz Pit http://www.pic-kitchen.com/jazzpit.htm

Also, if you ever get a chance to visit the Plaza Athenee on Wireless Road, the Glaz Bar features a wonderful singer (sister of the 3 guys in the FLB band) named Rubeth. She's been there for years and gets very good reviews.

She's come to FLB on her days off and does some jazz sets with the brothers.

Me too, but I kept waiting for the guys tuning up to start playing music but it never happened. (joke)

Google Tal Wilkenfeld don't think she will ever play Pattaya but you never know.

Edited by aussiechic
  • 1 year later...

hi everyone. I would enjoy to play a cuple of gigs in some place where alternative music is appreciate.

I can do solo work with a Gipsy jazz french swing and bossa repertoire a bit Djang R.Grappelli style,ofcourse I would love to find musos that like and can play same kind of stuff.By the way I play guitar on my own produced backing.

I wonder if there is any one out there that could give me a hand on this..thanks. riki

hi everyone. I would enjoy to play a cuple of gigs in some place where alternative music is appreciate.

I can do solo work with a Gipsy jazz french swing and bossa repertoire a bit Djang R.Grappelli style,ofcourse I would love to find musos that like and can play same kind of stuff.By the way I play guitar on my own produced backing.

I wonder if there is any one out there that could give me a hand on this..thanks. riki

There is a newish hotel on 2nd road next to the Avenue, i think its part of the Dusit and i have seen signs outside advertising a Jazz band in their bar on the roof. I will check it out and report back for all the Jazz buffs

• Upvote 1