Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Sandy Springs refurbished rooms

The restaurant at Ma Maison is good but they have really jacked up the prices in the last couple of years. The value is not as good as before.

As for Sandy Spring, I was given one of the 'suites' on the 6th floor about 18 months ago but I insisted on changing to the real suites on the 8th as soon as one was available. So I spent 2 nights on the 6th and 4 on the 8th. The suites on the 8th are better furnished and they have a real bathroom with separate shower and bath. And, because they are higher, they have a better view.

I just spent a couple of weeks in a seaview deluxe with a small sofa for approx. 1700 member rate per night...the view was great but, I've seen it all before.

What disturbed me was the paint chipping off the wall over the head of my bed...and don't get me started about the rock hard slab of concrete that they call a mattress...I was forced to drink to excess every evening in order to fall a sleep. I felt like I was Fred Flinstone for Christ sake....

Graffiti etched into the inside elevator doors...I guess Tim Sharkey...or at least one of his admirers...was there... as his name is deeply gouged into the door for all to pay tribute to.

The only thing that remains constant at the Sandy is the staff...they are still top notch...but, after many years of patronage, it is time to move on. Cheers

I just spent a couple of weeks in a seaview deluxe with a small sofa for approx. 1700 member rate per night...the view was great but, I've seen it all before.

What disturbed me was the paint chipping off the wall over the head of my bed...and don't get me started about the rock hard slab of concrete that they call a mattress...I was forced to drink to excess every evening in order to fall a sleep. I felt like I was Fred Flinstone for Christ sake....

Graffiti etched into the inside elevator doors...I guess Tim Sharkey...or at least one of his admirers...was there... as his name is deeply gouged into the door for all to pay tribute to.

The only thing that remains constant at the Sandy is the staff...they are still top notch...but, after many years of patronage, it is time to move on. Cheers

Thanks, It's been two years now, but I'm a die hard fan of the Sandy, and I'll be back in two weeks. I had the same rate with the membership quoted and always get the high floor seaview deluxe with balcony. I like the proximitry to everything, though over the years I've had to deal with various "minor" inconviences like jack hammers two floors below, broken dripping air cons, no hot water in the morning, etc. though overall I still have to say it's a great value for the money.

I had looked at View Talay, though I smoke when on vacation, and I was told by the managers all rooms are no smoking.

OBLA DEE BROS

Wow, i can't believe Sandy Spring has been around that long already that rooms need to be refurbished. I remember staying at The Haven when the first pile for SS went in, right outside my window. Had to move to soi 8 for some quiet...lol. How time flies!

does anyone think there is better value somewhere else in soi 13

for me soi 13 is the best place to stay. i like wonderful 1 & 2 and also i walk down soi diana in the morning for golf hook ups.

Spike,

I didn't take a note of females name however i was accused of being late checking out although i was on time and the reception clock was wrong. When i asked if there would be any rooms available next week i was told the never be rooms available for me.

Not a pleasant experience nor a demonstration of customer relations.

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.

You're saying you basically got banned from the hotel for a perceived late check out?

• 4 weeks later...

how much money cost for low season here anybody know that?

anyway thanks for good advice it seem to be good fengshui in room

Pretty sure that SS is the same price year round. You can purchase a loyalty card 350B that will give you 300B off per night

Do the SS still use the Loyalty card system? I have looked on their web site but couldn't spot it. I recall they used to give you a drink voucher for Scandi bar as well.