Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Sanctuary of Truth - how

Hi,

1- Take a bahtbus in front on Big C by showing North

(you need one who goes towards Naklua, not one who turn left at the daulphin roundabout)

2- Stop when you arrive Soi 16 (on your left), it will cost 10 baht each.

- No regular bahtbus here, but you may find one waiting here

- Motorbike taxi at the corner, and they DO know about Sanctuary of Truth

- or you can walk, about 1.6 km/20 min

3- Another option is to stop only when reaching Soi 12 as there are more bahtbus going there

maps.google.com: BigC to Sanctuary

yes it is a wood wonder if you are in to construct.

IMGP2180.JPG

Thailand Photo's 285.JPG

Thailand Photo's 286.JPG

Thailand Photo's 287.JPG

Thailand Photo's 288.JPG

There was a dolphin show

Thailand Photo's 293.JPG

Thailand Photo's 294.JPG

Thailand Photo's 295.JPG

and a culture show

Thailand Photo's 305.JPG

We just got a baht bus and ask him to take us there. It was 2007 so I have know idea of price now.

Edited by aussiechic
  • Upvote 1

Sanctuary of Truth..... never went back after they lied to me about it being finished!

Edited by jacko

Get a Motocy, taxi, private hire a Songtaew or walk and ask for directions as you go.

It's not far from Big C no need to buy a tour.

Not what I would call walking distance from Big C.

http://pattayathailandvideos.com/sanctuary-of-truth-video/

How do I get to it from Big C (2nd Rd) without buying a tour?

Does the place have a Thai name that is well known?

Thanks.

Hi Trvlr,

From Big C it's just five minutes in a Baht Bus down the Naklua Road. It's sign posted off to the Left. I haven't been there for a couple of years so I don't know if it's finished or not. They've been working on it for more than thirty years and it will probably never be finished. They just keep adding to it. No Matter, it's just absolutely incredible. You can't leave Pattaya without seeing it.

I have a video I made of my visit there if you want to have a look at it. When it loads it's in widescreen... there's nothing wrong with your computer. :) http://pattayathailandvideos.com/sanctuary-of-truth-video/

• Upvote 1

http://pattayathaila...of-truth-video/

Hi Trvlr,

From Big C it's just five minutes in a Baht Bus down the Naklua Road. It's sign posted off to the Left. I haven't been there for a couple of years so I don't know if it's finished or not. They've been working on it for more than thirty years and it will probably never be finished. They just keep adding to it. No Matter, it's just absolutely incredible. You can't leave Pattaya without seeing it.

I have a video I made of my visit there if you want to have a look at it. When it loads it's in widescreen... there's nothing wrong with your computer. :) http://pattayathaila...of-truth-video/

Good video and page Barrie.

So that is where they keep all the truth, I was wondering where it was at. :D

Not what I would call walking distance from Big C.

Up to you. I enjoy walking. Walked from Immigration in Jomtien back to the guest house in Soi 6 one afternoon. Took the long route hugging the coast as far as was possible. Big C, North Pattaya to the SOT is an easy walk for me.

Hi,

1- Take a bahtbus in front on Big C by showing North

(you need one who goes towards Naklua, not one who turn left at the daulphin roundabout)

2- Stop when you arrive Soi 16 (on your left), it will cost 10 baht each.

- No regular bahtbus here, but you may find one waiting here

- Motorbike taxi at the corner, and they DO know about Sanctuary of Truth

- or you can walk, about 1.6 km/20 min

This is what I did. Before I hopped on the baht bus on Second Road, I asked the driver "Naklua" to confirm the direction he was going. Some of them go back around to Beach Road or toward the bus station. So, make sure you get on the right one. When I got off the baht bus, the motorcycle taxi dudes asked me immediately if I wanted a ride to S of T.

There are also moto taxis waiting at the entrance to S of T that will take you back to Naklua or to the Beach Road area if you desire.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that even with my bad legs and back it was am enjoyable half day out,I don't think it requires more to see all of the place than that but it well worthwhile making the trip at least once.I just ride my Bike over there so for me getting there was not any hardship,but as has been said using baht buses and moto taxis it no hardship getting there.

PS that was a good video.

I don't believe it's supposed to be finished until after 2030, a billionaire philanthropist set it up as a 50 year project knowing he'd never see the final product. Was pricey but eventually I ran out of new tourist sites to see but I recommend it if you're in town for a while.

http://www.sanctuaryoftruth.com/

Edited by spgfcs