Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Bell Travel-new site is hell.

Just to tidy u this topic here is my actual experience of getting to the airport.

With Bells they tell you to be ready 30 minutes before the listed departure time and I was. When it was only 15 minutes to departure time I got Dao to phone up. "Be there in next ten minutes". So whatever this bus was going to be late. The minibus did arrive and off for one more pick up and onto the station. Got there about 5 minutes late. All the passengers and baggage transferred and we were obvioulsy being waited for so there must have been a hitch with someone on our pick up list.

I have to say that they had a clean and well fitted out new bus and there was good leg room. The bus was as far as I could see almost totally sold out so the system still works for them. We got out of the station exactly 20 minutes late.

I was a but suprised that they made zero attempt to make up any time. The bus travelled at th usual Bell speed and in exactly 90 minutes we were at Swampy.

What can I say other than adequate as I had time up my sleeve but really if you were economising and could share a cab it would be a much better deal.

On my last trip, going TO Patt fm BKK, the pickup van was late getting to the station/office (the bus had already left). We were consolidated with a couple of other pax into a 2nd minivan, and sent chasing after the bus ('course we, the pax, didn't know we were chasing anybody...). A little ways down the tollway, there was the bus, pulled over to the side, baggage doors open, waiting for us. We piled out of the van, and into the bus, and were on our way. And we really weren't that late getting into Pattaya. Sometimes the delays those pickup vans encounter at various places along Sukhumvit are just unbelievable, and sometimes those minivans are still dropping off the morning arrivals when they need to be starting the afternoon pickups. I know when I was picked up that day, there were two other guys already aboard who turned out to be arrivals/dropoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just booked a Pattaya - Swampy run via the website and found it quite easy to use, and no problems with my card being accepted. Decided on flying up to Sukhothai rather than suffering a bus, and the other half's cute sister is going to pick me up at Sukhothai......

I had no problems on the last go-around. Well, except for the totally disgusting Indians I had to share the minivan with on arrival. I literally had to hold my hand against my face (fortunately I had shaved just before leaving Pattaya and had been liberal with the aftershave lotion...) until they were let off at their hotel. I tell you they give "stink" a whole new meaning!

I had no problems on the last go-around. Well, except for the totally disgusting Indians I had to share the minivan with on arrival. I literally had to hold my hand against my face (fortunately I had shaved just before leaving Pattaya and had been liberal with the aftershave lotion...) until they were let off at their hotel. I tell you they give "stink" a whole new meaning!

One walked past me in Tesco yesterday and I swear the vegetables were wilting as he passed.

I just organized my Songkran trip via the new website for the first time. Actually it turned out to be fairly easy. Was able to book both the Airport to Pattaya trip and the return trip quite easily. No problems at all. Received confirmations for both trips via email straight away.

• Upvote 1

I agree with some others that it's probably not necessary to reserve anything FROM the airport. The few times I've headed from the airport straight for Patts, I've been able to walk-up to the desk and book on the next bus leaving (though I've never shown up at the last minute just before the bus happens to be leaving...). Esp. now that you have to pay in advance, what happens if your flight arrives late? Will they rebook you on the next bus, no questions asked?

• Upvote 1

Just a final comment on the Belll saga. I never get to use it coming into Thailand so all my comments are regarding Pattaya to Swampy.

For me its a shame that they have made it so difficult. The timing works well for me and I am as happy in a bus for a 90 minute trip as a cab.I phoned them up and they will not accept a booking over the phone and if you want to ensure a pick up you have to prepay the by the day before travel.

I did have a reason to go to the area of the bus station so I did indeed book. Its really crazy that they ask you so many questions on line (like your home address, flight time and number) yet when you rock up its simply date, time and pick up point.

The cost of the trip prepaid is 250 babt, 20 baht dearer than on line but if you have the time and dont mind a bit of screwing about there you have it.

Thanks mate for your advice. Will follow this strategy in August.