Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Bell Travel-new site is hell.

I thought that I might log onto the new site and order some travel. OK, the information required seems endless and I stuck to it. The price is now 230 baht and requires pre- payment on a credit card. After fluffing around for ever I eventually put my Kasikorn card number in and it was either rejected or the security code I entered was wrong or as I had taken too long it times out. I really do not have the stamina to start again so unless there is another option its back to the 1000 baht taxi.

There's something of a process to enabling the Kasikorn card for online use. I'm not even 100% certain it CAN be. Already discussed in other threads. I HAVE been able to complete reservations with Bell Travel using regular credit cards at their now not-so-new website, but it definitely IS problematic. I've shared your pain. You'd think they'd have worked out the kinks by now. Don't even THINK about trying to do it from a tablet, and laptops don't seem to handle it well either. My last time around they accepted my reservation by phone & let me pay at the office, so there must be some awareness that issues exist with their website.

I thought that I might log onto the new site and order some travel. OK, the information required seems endless and I stuck to it. The price is now 230 baht and requires pre- payment on a credit card. After fluffing around for ever I eventually put my Kasikorn card number in and it was either rejected or the security code I entered was wrong or as I had taken too long it times out. I really do not have the stamina to start again so unless there is another option its back to the 1000 baht taxi.

Your Kasikorn card is almost certainly a debit card and not a credit card which is probably why the on line transaction failed..

• Upvote 1

Several of my friends use the Bell bus and pay Bell themselves with cash when they arrive at the Airport.The fact that it's gone up in price should cheer them up. A couple of them are already debating whether they can afford to visit the LOS for much longer given the strength of the baht and their own limited income.

Edited by yogi100

Your Kasikorn card is almost certainly a debit card and not a credit card which is probably why the on line transaction failed..

Or an ATM card. Even although they have the Visa logo, they are neither a debit, nor a credit card.

• Upvote 1

Cash Deposit Machine. :ninja:

They work great with POS terminals that take credit cards as well, so I'd say they are, in fact DEBIT cards.

I saw a warning somewhere about an Ap risk on Android with K Bank, apologies for the sketchy info.. I cant confirm or deny just say I read it ..

Just don't use the hokey Kbank android app and you're fine.

That site has been hell since it was "improved" not so long ago.

Edited by bigdelta

It seems so hit and miss getting credit cards to work on-line, particularly Thai ones.

That plus the underlying nervousness about using them here!

I was in the Bangkok Bank branch telling them their crappy cards would not work on-line, the very reason I had got them... the first girl said I can still use them in the Mall...silly cow. I spent ten minutes with another more capable foxy girl who insisted on telling me 'everything okay'.... The reality was they hadn't set up their on-line validation system yet and preferred to lie to me like I am stupid than tell me it was their issue! That resolved it worked fine for a while... now I am having issues with the Etihad site... and I am sure it is Etihad. I suppose there has to be security to stop me sending 1000s$ to some sweaty Nigerian on a 1980's refurbished PC.

Sometimes very frustrating when you know you didn't get the goods, but are unsure if they got your cash!

Edited by jacko

Bell Bus has become a victim of its own success. In the beginning, it was a fast, convenient and cheap way to get to Pattaya from Swampy. The reclining seats made it much more comfortable than a taxi.

But I stopped using Bell about 18 months ago because the trips had become lengthy, uncomfortable .hassles. The buses were full to the last seat and some passengers had so much luggage that all of it wouldn't fit under the bus. Delays of 30 minutes or more in departing Swampy weren't uncommon.

Transfer at the North Pattaya bus station to the mini-vans that transported passengers to their hotels had become chaotic due to language difficulties and the huge number of suitcases, boxes, bags, etc some passengers had.

Four or five years ago, the Bell buses always departed on time and the "door-to-door" trip to your hotel in Pattaya would be less than two hours. On one notable occasion, I took a Bell bus at noon and at 1.30 p.m. was not only at my hotel, but in my room unpacking my suitcase. But my last trip with Bell, in October 2011, took nearly four hours "door-to-door," mainly because of delays (30-minute delay in departing Swampy, another 30-minute wait for the mini-bus to leave the North Pattaya station) and the large number of passengers than had to be taken to their hotels. Unluckily, I was the last of 12 to be dropped off.

Sure, Bell is cheaper than a taxi, but definitely not worth the extra hassle any more.

Evil

:devil

Usually the time from Pattaya to Swampy is exactly 90 minutes and this is just fine by me. I might give it a try phoning to see if I can get them to accept it and I will report back. It might make sense to use a Thai do do the phoning methinks!

Just a final comment on the Belll saga. I never get to use it coming into Thailand so all my comments are regarding Pattaya to Swampy.

For me its a shame that they have made it so difficult. The timing works well for me and I am as happy in a bus for a 90 minute trip as a cab.I phoned them up and they will not accept a booking over the phone and if you want to ensure a pick up you have to prepay the by the day before travel.

I did have a reason to go to the area of the bus station so I did indeed book. Its really crazy that they ask you so many questions on line (like your home address, flight time and number) yet when you rock up its simply date, time and pick up point.

The cost of the trip prepaid is 250 babt, 20 baht dearer than on line but if you have the time and dont mind a bit of screwing about there you have it.

The last several trips I've made with them but one (and that had the look of an "overflow" situation to me) have all been full. Your comments are accurate, but from their perspective, it would seem they're doing things right. The loss of our business will apparently not be noticed, and we've been pushed to a higher price point.

Edited by tomcat76

Good idea. Hmmm. Wonder if a single could handle me & a small, almost carry-on size, suitcase... (Certainly no bigger than a person; plenty of multi-pax bikes buzzing around.) Nahh - tote a laptop bag & usually something misc as well.

Good idea. Hmmm. Wonder if a single could handle me & a small, almost carry-on size, suitcase... (Certainly no bigger than a person; plenty of multi-pax bikes buzzing around.) Nahh - tote a laptop bag & usually something misc as well.

I've done it several times on one bike. Suitcase goes between driver and handlebars, me on the back with laptop in backpack. Feels very unsafe though that's why I opt for two if available.