Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Premier League 2013-14

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A fascinating Premier season lies ahead with 3 of the top 4 teams starting the season with a new manager. Only Arsenal and Arsene Wenger remain intact after their strong finish to last season in which they kept their great rivals , Spurs, out of the Champions League.

Arsenal should have another solid season but will do well to finish in the Champions League places again. They have struggled to sign players and their main targets have ended up elsewhere.

AVB stays in place at Spurs and whether they can hold onto Gareth Bale may decide how they do this season. They played entertaining football last season and have made some good signings in this window.

It’s all change at Man Utd as Moyes and Woodward take over. It may have been a mistake to make these changes at the same time as United have missed out on their main targets and have seemed all over the place in pre-season. I like Moyes and had a great season backing Everton but whether he is the right man to take over at as big a club as Man Utd remains to be seen.

Mourinho returns at Chelsea which should be less of an upheaval than the changes at the 2 Manchester clubs. I felt he failed at Real but has been a great success most places he has managed. Chelsea played lovely football last season but their fans could never take to Rafa. Lets hope Joses Chelsea play such entertaining football!

Pellegrini takes over from Mancini at Man City. He did very well with small clubs, Villareal and Malaga, in European competition and that is the likely reason he has been brought in. City were a disappointment last season and I feel Mancini was let down by the Board. Pellegrini seems to have their full backing and they have made some good signings early in the window. Ferandhino, Navas, Jovetic and Negredo all look good signings and it will be hard to keep City out of the top few places.

Aston Villa are an interesting team . Lambert has managed to hold on to the excellent Benteke and I expect an improved performance from Villa this season. Liverpool are a team who need to improve as well. Rodgers is having trouble holding on to their brilliant striker, Suarez, and his loss would be a big blow to the Anfield giants.

Up north things seem to be in some disarray. Newcastle seem to have much internal strife and the appointment of Joe Kinnear as Director of Football has created more unrest. It could be another tough year for the Toon. Paulo di Canio is still in charge at Sunderland which might surprise some. I think he can improve the team as they looked and played like a good Championship team with O’Neill in charge.

Swansea had an excellent first season in the Premiership and won a major trophy. It will be hard to do as well this season with European commitments but they have strengthened their squad.

Hull, Cardiff and Crystal Palace as the new teams and all of them will struggle to stay in the Premier League. Hull might be the best of them.

The rest of the teams seem to be struggling to stay in mid table which is a good result for most of them.

Whoever you support I hope you enjoy the season and have some fun. Most of the experts seem to think Man City are the team to back this year. I usually bet against the crowd so I’m backing Chelsea to win this year. They have a strong squad and Mourinho is not a new manager in the sense that Pellegrini and Moyes are.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He left a team that won the league by about 13 points.   Everton are above Man U , despite Moyes taking their best player of last season to Man U. Moyes isn't up to the job. He never could motivat

Do you think Man U would be 14 points behind the Leaders at this stage of the season if Fergie was still Manager?

So we can assume your in depth analysis and solutions for my team are based on this riding statement then ?

Posted Images

I'll wait for the transfer window to close before I make my prediction.

Hi,

Good point. I believe the window should close before the season starts. Who knows where Suarez, Rooney and Bale will end up ? I feel many of the best players have gone to France and Germany in this window. ie.. Cavani, Falcao and Thiago who Chelsea and Man U were in for.

If you're having an actual bet, you should mention it at the beginning of the thread. None of this, "I forgot to mention that I had 50 quid on United" (or whoever) at the end of the season crap.

I must say I'm surprised that more "names" (other than Tevez) haven't left City, especially with a World Cup year coming up.

And it still remains to see who can get through the England-Scotland "friendly" game unscathed. :clueless

Edited by CheshireTom

Voted City but i think it will be close between then and Chelski. Man u, Arse, Spurs & Liverpool to complete top 6 although a lot hinges on what happens before transfer window shuts.

Hi,

Good point. I believe the window should close before the season starts. Who knows where Suarez, Rooney and Bale will end up ?

I agree with you. I don't think any of them will kick a ball before September the second unless they get transferred before that.

Not the best way to start your season regardless if they stay or go.

Edited by papillon

. I don't think any of them will kick a ball before September the second unless they get transferred before that.

Hi,

Yeah its a shambles. Rooney playing for England and "not fit" for Man Utd. I think Man Utd will miss David Gill for the transfers. Woodward seems to be making a mess of it and Liverpool have messed up the Suarez situation. Spurs have spent a lot in this window so maybe Bale is still on his way to Real ? I like to see top players so will miss these guys if they leave the Premier. I was hoping Falcao would sign for someone in the Premier as he is an exciting player.

Looking forward to kick off. Moyes is going to get support from United, even if he starts poorly, as he has been anointed by purple nose. City have spent well, early in the season. Comebacks never happen in football, think Shearer, Keegan, Robson at Newcastle and i think Chelsea will struggle, but watch Lukaku get 20 goals this season. My team West Brom need to get rid of Steve Clarke, go for the cups and hope for the best in the PL. I want to see silverwear at the Hawthorns in my lifetime. Babydolls have CTH installed in HD, so every game live. For all those interested, we also have RS Sunbox for all the La Liga matches. When I was in UK, I used to look forward to La Liga on Sunday nights, even though it is a 2 horse race. I love any football banter, so come on in. Oh, we also have 40 girls to take your mind of things. See you all at Babydolls. Phil

• Downvote 1

The new look Stoke ... look worse than the old team!

We shit ourselves if we have the ball!

Atrocious!

The Potters could have lost 6-0!

Instead we had a chance to tie the game ... (stat attack flashes on the box: Walters last FIVE penalties all bottom left ... so where does he aim???? BOTTOM LEFT!!!

Twat!!!!

Begthebitch should have taken the kick, he's our most attacking player!! :angry2 :cry2

Edited by Dungheap

My team West Brom need to get rid of Steve Clarke ...

Why? :clueless

The first half of last season, it was Hosgsons team. The only chance of silver wear at West Brom is the cups and Clarke played a weakened side. Don't care if we get relegated, just want to win something.

CTH was great last night. Nice clear picture in HD. Chelsea and Spurs playing today, then Barcelona at midnight. Couple of new girls started last night as well if anyone's interested. See you at Babydolls, Phil

• Downvote 1

Hi,

Good start for Man Utd as they attempt to retain their title. RVP looks as sharp as ever. RVW looks a good signing for Norwich. West Ham start well and dont look like they will have any relegation worries this year. Liverpool start with a win against a disappointing Stoke side. I feel Villa will do better than last year and beat Arsenal. The ref played a critical part in this game however and Villa may not get so many favourable decisions when they play other teams. Chelsea start off today and City on Monday. We should have a better view of all the teams after another month when the teams and have settled down and the transfer window is closed.

Chelsea and Spurs playing today, then Barcelona at midnight. Couple of new girls started last night as well if anyone's interested.

Who with, Chelsea or Spurs? :clueless

This is a thread to have a bit of banter about the footie, not which BGs have moved during the transfer window and to promote some GoGo. :thumbup

Edited by CheshireTom

Chelsea and Spurs playing today, then Barcelona at midnight. Couple of new girls started last night as well if anyone's interested. 

Who with, Chelsea or Spurs?   :clueless

This is a thread to have a bit of banter about the footie, not which BGs have moved during the transfer window and to promote some GoGo.    :thumbup

Lighten up, Tom. It was just an aside, and there are some of us who are interested in football and/or Gogo transfers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Lighten up, Tom. It was just an aside, and there are some of us who are interested in football and/or Gogo transfers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Sorry. When we were talking about promotion, I thought we were talking about Hull, Palace and Cardiff. :thumbup

I can't be arsed waiting for the transfer window to close before I make my prediction. I've decided that I really don't care what Suarez, Looney and Bale do.

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Man U

4. Spurs

5. The scum

May the best team win.

Hi,

Man City look inpressive in victory over Newcastle.Dzeko looks a different player under Pellegrini and could sway it for City if he continues this form. I missed the first half of Chelsea v Hull, Chelsea were supposed to have played well. Sky showed Lampards free kick again and again but didn't show his penalty miss at the end of the game or in the sports headlines in the morning. Frank must have friends in high places in Sky. Had to go to youtube to see it. :clueless Good start for all the main contenders.

I can't be arsed waiting for the transfer window to close before I make my prediction. I've decided that I really don't care what Suarez, Looney and Bale do.

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Man U

4. Spurs

5. The scum

May the best team win.

Paps who the scum ? Maybe the same scum as me ?

I was under the impression that "Scum" was the collective name given to my lot at Old Trafford. Mainly from the Yorkshire regions.