Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Old airport to Pattaya

Hi

Looking at flying Air Asia into the old airport in Bangkok, what are the choices of transport down to Pattaya from there. I have taken Bells bus in the past but Air Asia was flying into the new airport then.

Thanks for any help you can offer

Glynn

Don Muang to Swampy.jpg

When you arrive at Don Muang, simply make you way out of the airport and you will see the Free bus which takes you to Swampy. The bus is distinctive.

bus.jpg

The trip is not too bad although don’t expect air-conditioning. I was worried about BKK traffic but the journey uses the highway and even at 4pm we made good time. The bus only had a few passengers so it was comfortable with my suitcase next to me. There was almost no waiting and drops you off at the departure hall.

Passengers.jpg

A quick escalator ride down stairs and you can grab a Bell bus (around 200Baht) or the regular bus (130 Baht) to Pattaya. The bell bus was full when I arrived so I jumped on the regular bus which will drop you at the top of North Pattaya, Central Pattaya or South Pattaya roads. If you have a suitcase the Baht buses try to extort you and will ask a few hundred baht to take you to your hotel but you can wait until the bus reaches the terminal which is in Jomtien and they have Baht buses that will bundle a few passengers together for hotel drop offs (cost me 80Baht to Soi Lengkee)

• Upvote 2

There are shuttle buses to both Suvarnabhumi and Mor Chit (every 20-30 mins) where you can catch a bus to Pattaya. For the BKK shuttle you should have a boarding pass or ticket from BKK, but they seldom ask. For Mor Chit (Bus A1) it's 30 Baht or thereabouts.

Edited by CheshireTom
  • Upvote 1

2500 in a taxi. On the ground in less than 2 hours, Thai girl on my pole in less than 3.

Do it, you only live once mate.

Why get a taxi for 2500 when Mr T will meet you for way less money?

2500 in a taxi. On the ground in less than 2 hours, Thai girl on my pole in less than 3.

Do it, you only live once mate.

I got a taxi to Pattaya at the public rank at DM on Dec. 22. Cost was 1,600 baht, including tolls.

However, ground transport conditions were close to chaotic that morning at DM due to demonstrations disrupting traffic in Bangkok. There were huge crowds at the shuttle buses stops and extremely long lines for taxis. Because of the number of people waiting to board the shuttle to Swampy, boarding passes or tickets for flights from BKK were being checked.

It took me 45 minutes to get to the front of the taxi queue. I had to wait another 15 minutes until the taxi starter could locate a driver willing to go to Pattaya (many refused). Once on the road, it took an hour to clear BKK and another two hours to drive to Pattaya. The plane had landed at 10.15 a.m. at DM and I wasn't in my condo until 2.30 p.m.

The trip from Pattaya to DM four days earlier had taken less than two hours, with no significant traffic delays. The demonstrations can indeed mess up travel plans.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil

Why get a taxi for 2500 when Mr T will meet you for way less money?

How much does Mr T charge from Don Muang?

I normally use Toom but haven't done DM airport since it reopened.

Edited by jacko

I usually get a metered taxi from DMto MorChot bus station and then bus to Pattaya North bus station. taxi costs about 130 baht