Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Flipper vs Res. Garden vs Mark-land

Hi All,

I have been lurking on the site, getting some great info. Thanks.

I am headed to Thailand in April and will spend a week in Pattaya. I have narrowed my stay down to 3 hotels (Flipper Lodge, Residence Garden and the Mark-land. All 3 have good reviews (although fewer for Mark-land) so I am turning to those with first hand experience for a little direction.

I am a first time visitor, and am quite psyched. I figure my budget can handle 1500 Baht / night for a hotel. I have not been on a big trip in some time and I want a bit of comfort in my hotel. I would like an in room safe, ac, a little security, some quiet in the am, etc.

Which of the 3 would you guys stay in, as well as any other new info on said hotels? What about the suites at the Flipper and 7 or 8?

Can't wait to knock back a few cold ones at the FLB.

Thanks,

Herodotis

I stayed recently at The Residence Garden for six weeks! At 1350 baht a night you won't regret it, guest friendly, good security, in room electronic safe, room service & food is the biz, especially the breakfast by the pool, the  accommodation is really excellent & it's a short walk to Soi 17 shortcut to the FLB! They treat the ladies with respect too .......... what more do you need? Have fun!

Regards Daveyh

Great waitresses too, huh Dave?

Did the one ever smile after I left  ???

The RG is a great place to stay and is really a good value

for a suite.

Just wish they had a TV in the bedroom.

I second that on wishing they had a TV in the bedroom of the RG.

But, when i was there last October there was enough other things to do in the bedroom (smiles).

I third the wish for the TV in the bedroom...

Was there in Jan'03... Construction next door woke me up every morning... >:o  Can anyone local report if the construction (or at least the banging) is done with?

Cheers,

Saddic

guys.

just carry the tv into the bedroom.

heroditis.

how are you going to behave on your first trip?

get drunk, multiple barfines, drunken orgies?

if so i would opt for the flipper on soi 8.(that is if you can get a room)

long time g/f experience,or just the one longtime per night.? r/garden although a bus ride away will suit you better.

mark land, never stayed, but i believe they are guest friendly, although towards north pattaya.

imho, for your first trip,you cannot beat the flipper, a good combination of location, price, and good security.

if you opt for the flipper, get emailing them and reserve a room, i have been unable to get a room my last 2 trips.

also make sure you get a superior room.

BeachBoy ......... Did'nt see her again once you left, perhaps she got the push as there was a couple of nice little cuties there during my last week, it certainly made me get up early for breakfast!

I agree it would be great to have a TV in the bedrooms. I wonder if "Ib" is reading this???

See you in LOS in May pal. Cheers Daveyh.

Thanks for the info guys.

I will most probably stay at the Residence Garden.

baz tench,

For my first trip, I think I will do a bit of everything. Probably  longtime most nights. However, my birthday will be a multiple barfine drunken orgy type of thing.

Thanks again,

herodotis

I've stayed at both the Residence Garden and Mark-Land.  The rooms are nicer and bigger at the Residence Garden.  The Mark-Land is at a much better location IMHO, probably the best views of Pattaya, and they provide a good buffet breakfast.  The Mark-Land and Residence Garden are both very guest friendly.  I'll probably stay with the Mark-Land because of location.

I stayed the Residence Garden in January 03. I'm a fussy guy and this is where I'll be staying on future visits - for 1350 baht a night you can't beat it.  Had everything I wanted. I've stayed at places that cost a lot more and don't compare.  :o - Pete I submitted a review for the RG over a week ago did you receive it?

I disagree Greg_B,

It takes about 30 seconds to figure out how to get the Baht bus from the RG to town and just because it is your first trip to Pataya is no reason to think that you shouldn't stay at the RG.

Now if you just want to be in the middle of the action then that is a better reason to stay at the flipper.

Both are good places so you really can't lose with any decision.

BB:

I think that was greg's point and that you actually both agree. I agree also that it's probably better to start first trip in center of action (easier to get familiar and find what you like via walking out occasionally) and then later if preferred go to RG, so that when you leave RG you have your goals targetted and the trip into town is not a big deal.

Hub

I'm staying at the RG this coming may for the 4th time.

I'm not so interested in the cost(but 1350 seems very reasonable), but I like having the separation of the bedroom from the living room.  

I just love getting down to business on the couch as a prelude to a shower and what is to follow in the bedroom.  In addition, i don't sleep well, and I like to lay on the couch after I've been satisfied in the bedroom and watch tv and have a heineken whilst my tg sleeps in the bedroom.  Also, if I get a wild hair on my arse, I can always sneak down and take a baht bus to a beer bar and ogle the talent there  while my girl friend dreams about how nice it was to have coitus with as hansum man like me.  Regards, Jimmy