Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Monkeywatch - July 2017

Always great info and entertaining monkeyman.

I always learn things from you.

:chogdee

That bit about the Asian tourists (and from my personal viewing there are many waiting on the pier) now congesting traffic on Beach Road has me scratching my head...but it is probably just dandruff in my hot and dry California Central Valley climate. It must be dehydration and when properly hydrated I am certain it will make more sense. Although, you did not say exactly where on Beach Road. If It is down by Naklua I would find it less of a concern. However that is far from the pier. Perfect Thai logic in that somehow.

Perhaps I will just avoid baht busses on Beach Road. It was slow enough already toward Walking Street that I usually hopped off at the mall anyway. I might have to hop off parallel to Mikes Shopping now. Glad I am only 66.

As to the wood trading, that is rarely an early morning problem for me any more. However, hope springs eternal.

Edited by midlifecrisis

That bit about the Asian tourists (and from my personal viewing there are many waiting on the pier) now congesting traffic on Beach Road has me scratching my head...but it is probably just dandruff in my hot and dry California Central Valley climate. It must be dehydration and when properly hydrated I am certain it will make more sense. Although, you did not say exactly where on Beach Road. If It is down by Naklua I would find it less of a concern. However that is far from the pier. Perfect Thai logic in that somehow.

There are three designated stopping zones outside A-One Royal Cruise Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Garden Plaza.

• 2 weeks later...

And if that wasn’t enough, the latest idea from City Hall to solve the local transportation problem is – wait for it – a Pattaya tram system. Wonder if they’ve considered the possible consequences of running vehicles during the rainy season that rely purely on external electrical power?

If they can run them in Manchester, then they should work fine in Pattaya, but there again Manchester has no Bhat Bus Mafia to put a spanner or two in the works...

If they can run them in Manchester, then they should work fine in Pattaya, but there again Manchester has no Bhat Bus Mafia to put a spanner or two in the works...

The system in Manchester extends quite wide into surrounding areas, like Bury, Rochdale, Eccles and Ashton Under Lyne, and supports about a dozen main line railway stations and the airport. God forbid what the M60 would be like without it! Would love to see a smaller system in Pattaya, that could connect my home out of town to Beach Rd (Walking St end)!