Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Just spotted this on the internet Emirates and easy jet

Can only be good news for the end user, maybe book a cheap flight to Europe from the UK and another cheap flight from Europe using Emirates onto destination, a bit of a faff if going long haul though as Emirates always stop at the Dubai hub.

I watched an Emirates 777 dropping into Stansted last week, it seems that their services from there are busy and hopefully set to remain, which eould be great for me because should we decide to go Emirates to the RP again, it's only 40 mins to the airport instead of 2 1/2 hours to LHR (plus the delightful M25 to negotiate)..

I am thinking of a short cheap flight from Manchester to Europe where I can connect with a Thai flight!

No more Dubai or Qatar transits!

Do you have to check in again for the Emirates flight

Good question. i'm not sure but I'd hope that it would work like any other codeshare agreement in that your baggage will be checked through to final destination and it would just be a case of going throught the transfer corridor.

Don't see the point. Why not join the Emirates flight in the UK, you're always going to end up in Dubai regardless.

It's not like there are only a few options in the UK, they fly multiple times per day to many a regional airport and the usual main airports. Is there some APD that can be saved?

Probably aimed at passengers who want to visit European destinations via the Emirates UK stops.

I just did a similar trip the other way when I traveled with Emirates to Chiang Mai from Manchester..

Flew Emirates to BKK, then connection to Chiang Mai with Bangkok Air.

All codeshare, and bags straight through.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I am thinking of a short cheap flight from Manchester to Europe where I can connect with a Thai flight!

No more Dubai or Qatar transits!

Go Eva from LHR ?

Too much fucking about going ex EU and no through bags. QR will sometimes interline with BA so you can use the EU QR deals.

I'm on QR QSuites in a week !

But ex LHR :)

Go Eva from LHR ?

Too much fucking about going ex EU and no through bags. QR will sometimes interline with BA so you can use the EU QR deals.

I'm on QR QSuites in a week !

But ex LHR :)

Its the LHR transfer that puts me off in that case.

I only recently decided to go via BA/LHR because at least that way it is a straightforward T5/T5, but it was still not very good. BA can't get the shuttles off on time. (And BA Biz Class wasn't worth the money on the old equipment)

Edited by jacko