Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
forcebwithu

Pictures from around Pattaya

Police checkpoint on 2nd Rd this morning. Saw them in the same place, same time during my ride about yesterday morning.
P4030011.jpg

And over on Soi Xzyte they're enlarging the drain openings.
P4030014.jpg

First time in a few weeks I've seen them doing any work on WS.
P4220004.jpg

P4220007.jpg

P4220011.jpg

New building on 3rd and Klang. The aesthetics of the side facing Klang is better than the 3rd Rd side.
P4220014.jpg

P4220017.jpg

Not much happening at the Xzyte Market site.
P4220019.jpg

P4220020.jpg

Sure hope whatever concrete sealant they used wears off before the Market opens. Looks like it would be very slippery when wet.
P4220021.jpg

11 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Looks like it would be very slippery when wet.

P4220021.jpg

So you would be "Livin on a prayer" when walking on it.

Soi 14 off of 3rd Rd is in a low lying area and quickly floods during rainstorms. They're now giving that soi the drain opening enlargement surgery.
P4240002.jpg

P4240005.jpg

Unfortunately it doesn't appear they're doing anything to increase the size of the drain pipes, so the storm water will still have no place to go. Even more of a concern is we haven't had rain in the area for the last several days, but the drains are still half full of water that is barely moving.
P4240006.jpg

Over on Soi 21 they're working on the last stretch of road resurfacing.
P4240010.jpg

The workers had a chuckle when I held up my fist and made a buzzing sound like I was getting electrocuted.
P4240011.jpg

And a few pics of the interior work going on at the Climax bar.
P4240014.jpg

P4240015.jpg

P4240016.jpg

16 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Soi 14 off of 3rd Rd is in a low lying area and quickly floods during rainstorms. They're now giving that soi the drain opening enlargement surgery.

What I've noticed on Pattaya Tai is that the new drains are still an inch above the "finished" road surface. This could be that the intention is to tarmac up to that level in the future or the new drainage system is for when the existing drains can't handle a heavier downpour.

28 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The workers had a chuckle when I held up my fist and made a buzzing sound like I was getting electrocuted.

^^^ I had seen the news report and had it in mind when I used humor to warn the workers I saw this morning working close to the live overhead lines.

Another example of a problem area is the low area on the Sukhumvit just north of Pattaya Tai. With any significant amount of rainfall, this is what it looks like.
c1_1655404.jpg

Every time I see them working on the problem, all they seem to do is just make the drain opening larger. A couple of pics of the current WIP.
P4240020.jpg

The constraint here is the underground system to drain the water out of the area. I believe what they're limited to is the canal that runs under this soi.
P4240021.jpg

So all this work to make the hole in the road larger is for naught if there's no additional capacity to move the water out of the area.
P4240022.jpg

P4240023.jpg

P4240024.jpg

P4240025.jpg

P4240027.jpg

On Soi 14 off 3rd Rd, the other side is now getting the enlarge drain openings to undersized drain pipes treatment.
P5030002.jpg

And on the opposite of 3rd Rd, the last bit on Soi 21 is getting concreted over this morning.
P5030007.jpg

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Soi Siam Country Club Rd on the south side of Mabprachan Reservoir is getting another lane or two.

Somewhere along that stretch is where I'd go for the best Fish n chips in Pattaya ..... it was a small resort of individual cabins with a small swimming pool in the middle. It is/was built and owned by a Welshman. He had some bloody good draught beers on if I remember correctly. By the looks of things he would have lost his car park and bar area ..