Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Made the trip to MedPark in Bangkok for the second Pfizer jab.  Got this letter size certificate of vaccination.

2021-08-31_092199.jpg

I think the real problems will come probably next year when borders may open again with restrictions and immigration are then presented with a myriad of vaccination proof in a 100 different languages

I've got 2 "cards" with dates of vaccination etc but I dont remotely expect that to be sufficient

Philippines Bureau of Quarantine are issuing an International Certificate of Quarantine, which you can apply for on line, but must collect. Proof of vaccination is required when applying, from the issuing City. 

There are probably hundreds of cities in the provinces giving jabs and issuing certification (we both have one) so this is a welcome step for international, and domestic, travel. Perhaps Thailands needs something similar! 

I saw a FB post saying you can get an international certificate with (I think) the hospital certificate, passport and air tickets.  It listed where to get the certificate in Bangkok and said it would be someplace in the provinces.  That's about how nonspecific it was.

Thailand has a central database system called Mor Prom for recording who got what vaccine and when. It's up to the vaccine provider to enter your details into the system. If they did you should have a 13 digit number, which I understand begins with a 6.

There are apps for Android and Apple that should allow you to tap into the Mor Prom system and retrieve your vaccination details. Or course Thai programmers being Thai programmers, reviews very from the app doesn't work to it sucks.

What's encouraging is they at least have thought to put together a central database. Hopefully in time they will put together something that approaches useable for generating a vaccine certificate, whether digital or paper based.

6 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

I think the real problems will come probably next year when borders may open again with restrictions and immigration are then presented with a myriad of vaccination proof in a 100 different languages

I've got 2 "cards" with dates of vaccination etc but I dont remotely expect that to be sufficient

You can request a letter/cerificate from the NHS which shows your vaccination status..... it includes info such as the date of vaccination, vaccine given along with the batch number and the place where it was administered.

I requested these for both me and MrsFiend.

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

You can request a letter/cerificate from the NHS which shows your vaccination status..... it includes info such as the date of vaccination, vaccine given along with the batch number and the place where it was administered.

Did you actually read the first two lines ??

6 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Did you actually read the first two lines ??

.Actually, yes I did!!!..... The NHS Vaccination Record letter I referred to is will be accepted as proof of vaccination for travel and widely accepted as such.... those vaccination cards you have won't be... Also the NHS letter can be done in alternative languages, although Thai isn't one of them.

Will these vaccination "passports" cause problems at immigration, doubt it.... with the likes of barcodes and QR codes on the document a quick scan at immigration should be enough for them to see your status.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Also available (or similar) on the NHS app (at least, in England it is, I have heard rumours that it is not available,in other parts of the Uk), that you can download as a pdf to print out, or request an emailed copy. This also contains two QR codes, one for each jab.

• Like 1