Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Quite a few use the area in the early morning hours for exercise.

What's the ferel dog situation?

19 hours ago, yselmike said:

What's the ferel dog situation?

I asked my friend who is there most mornings for exercise. This was his reply.

I was just there about an hour ago doing my morning routine. Yes, there are lots of dogs on Buddha hill, but in my opinion, they do not pose a threat to people unless someone is "stupid" enough to try to befriend them (ie...approach them without first making proper dog to people affirmative contact). They are well fed by locals, many have collars, they roam freely, bark at each other, and may snarl if the person scares them from behind or threatens them with a stick or aggressive eye contact.

The real danger of these dogs are for children, especially when the adult care taker is not within eye sight. If the children attempt to play with them or show any kind of aggression, the pack of dogs may take fear and attack first. This is my biggest concern. I don't really give an ass worth for the stupid farangs that walk up the hill with sticks to "protect" themselves. Let them get bitten if they threaten, but if the farangs keep to themselves and leave sleeping dogs lie,...well then, the dogs just sleep.

I never had a problem.

• Upvote 1

There used to be a very good restaurant in the Chinese Buddha Garden, but now the garden is closed and all blocked off and restaurant shut!

I used to walk over the hill quite often on both sides of Pratamnak Rd and never had a problem with the feral dogs - as FBWY says, just stay clear of them and they won't bother you in the daytime heat; I don't think I would chance a stroll through after dark, however, as stray dogs everywhere become much more active. As for Buddha Hill and the area behind it, there used to be a rather precipitous short cut through an empty lot where you could exit the park area and get onto Thappraya Rd but I haven't tried it for a few years now so don't know if it is still there. 

• 2 months later...